At what point do the delusions begin?

Well once Mario and McKelvin started dominating that's when it actually WAS ON LIKE A MOFO for a little while there.

That started the delusions for me personally. Give me Gilmore Byrd Kiko and McKelvin as ball hawking turnover machines and it's definetly a team going places once EJ returns.

Some of these negative posters shrill cries are all about backup cb's really........Because the rest of the team looks good.

**even choice and TJ

EJ CJ FJ SJ all day. Let's go bills !

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It seems that when this season started, everyone has realistic expectations for this team. probably a 6 win team, many said, maybe 7 or 8 wins if the defense plays well. we have a rookie qb and coach, this is definitely a rebuilding year for the future everyone knew. i just want to see some competitiveness and keep games close was the consensus. BUT somewhere between those restrained preseason predictions and a 2-3 team, all of the sudden everyone is EXPECTING excellence and WINS. where did this come from? two months ago these boards were happy to have 6-8 wins, NOW they want hackett gone and pettines not blitzing enough and we should have won this game, etc. every player or personnel has been thrown under the bus at least once this season on these boards. i just dont get it. we're a 6-8 win product and that's it. don't get mad when they meet those expectations, just temper your own.

Good post. Despite the loss last night I saw some things I liked. Spiller being Spiller while hobbled. Defense is active. Unpredictable. Love the way Darius, Mario and Kyle Williams, and Alonso are playing. We are not a good defense now but we sure as hell aren't far off. It's nice to see our former #1s and high priced FA's rejuvenated. But we have lots of holes. A rookie QB that I like but I'm getting scared that he has accuracy issues. If that can be corrected were good at qb. Also we are in dire need of a veteran qb on the roster. Not just because of EJ's injury, just because I think he needs that stabilizing kind of influence. I also think that our play calling is way to conservative. They aren't giving EJ or Tuel for that matter a chance to succeed by putting them in a 2nd and long all the time. They ran the same running play on every first down last night. Pretty much just wasting a down putting our offense in a predictable situation

The Pats have been decimated by injuries/arrests. Good teams find a way to win

And their way is arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL, and a HOF HC...

No offense...But bad comparison... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Good post. Despite the loss last night I saw some things I liked. Spiller being Spiller while hobbled. Defense is active. Unpredictable. Love the way Darius, Mario and Kyle Williams, and Alonso are playing. We are not a good defense now but we sure as hell aren't far off. It's nice to see our former #1s and high priced FA's rejuvenated. But we have lots of holes. A rookie QB that I like but I'm getting scared that he has accuracy issues. If that can be corrected were good at qb. Also we are in dire need of a veteran qb on the roster. Not just because of EJ's injury, just because I think he needs that stabilizing kind of influence. I also think that our play calling is way to conservative. They aren't giving EJ or Tuel for that matter a chance to succeed by putting them in a 2nd and long all the time. They ran the same running play on every first down last night. Pretty much just wasting a down putting our offense in a predictable situation

Well put i agree totally !!! :worthy:

[quote name=nucci'

Because if you are indifferent then you can say i told you so. I watch the bills every week wanting a win. I don't get the fans that day deal with the fact they are a 6 win team. What they are saying is there are 10 games that you shouldn't bother watching because they will lose. Screw that I'm coming up from Delaware next week to watch this game and i am hype to see this defense close to full go.

Go Bills

timestamp='1380903185' post='2934036]

Because I go in to every game hoping for a win and am disappointed and sometimes pissed when they lose. Also they are showing more than I expected. What's the point of being a fan if you're indifferent?

I was thinking they were maybe an 8-8 team before EJ went down. If he's out for a while, that's gonna REALLY hurt, no matter how well the D plays. If whoever plays QB can't beat the stacked box, Fred and CJ are going to get killed. The D will likely be under even MORE pressure than they already have been. Hopefully the coaching staff can creatively adapt the offense to a new QB for a while...

It seems that when this season started, everyone has realistic expectations for this team. probably a 6 win team, many said, maybe 7 or 8 wins if the defense plays well. we have a rookie qb and coach, this is definitely a rebuilding year for the future everyone knew. i just want to see some competitiveness and keep games close was the consensus. BUT somewhere between those restrained preseason predictions and a 2-3 team, all of the sudden everyone is EXPECTING excellence and WINS. where did this come from? two months ago these boards were happy to have 6-8 wins, NOW they want hackett gone and pettines not blitzing enough and we should have won this game, etc. every player or personnel has been thrown under the bus at least once this season on these boards. i just dont get it. we're a 6-8 win product and that's it. don't get mad when they meet those expectations, just temper your own.

I fear you are probably right. This team loses too many winnable games to come out with more than 6-8 wins. NE and Cleveland are both games this team should have won and until they learn to win those kinds of games, they will have a hard time putting together a winning season. There will be games that you just flat out get beat, but the ones that you should win, you absolutely must win. I'll be there every week, hoping for the best, but from what I've seen, we just aren't there yet. And with EJ going down, it could be a long season.

QEG88, in my experience, the delusions usually begin after a few days of missing my medications. Around the same time the radio starts talking to me, personally, and people start reading my thoughts. Hope this helps. Now, get out of my head... I SAID, get OUT of MY HEAD!!!

I was thinking they were maybe an 8-8 team before EJ went down. If he's out for a while, that's gonna REALLY hurt, no matter how well the D plays. If whoever plays QB can't beat the stacked box, Fred and CJ are going to get killed. The D will likely be under even MORE pressure than they already have been. Hopefully the coaching staff can creatively adapt the offense to a new QB for a while...

That's a tall order. I don't think Hackett adapted the offense to the players he has before EJ went down.