Woke up this morning, feeling a little better

dubs

Last night was a tough loss, no doubt. That game was the Bills for the taking. To instead lose that game, stings, but I can't feel too bad about it. Then I read Sully's article and I actually can't believe it but I tend to agree with him.

This is a team headed in the right direction. It seems to me that every game it looks more and more like we have the right pieces in place to be a good team in this league. EJ continues to improve (hopefully he's learned to step out of bounds now), Woods looks like the real deal, Kiko is playing lights out (that dive over the line was incredible), and while the coaching staff has made some mistakes I think overall they are doing a good job.

I know Bills fans want (and deserve!) playoffs right away, but we have to remember we have rookies all over the place. Realistically, next year was our year for the playoffs before the season began and it's looking no different now. If that happens, I can live with it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be pleased that the best guy on each side of the ball last night was a rookie.

You have to be displeased that the FO is still more interested in penny pinching than in doing everything possible to win.

If you are referring to the backup QB, I totally agree. It never made sense to me that we didn't have at least a below average veteran come in and stay with the team after Kolb went down the second time. Anything would be better than Tuel. I am not sure if the reason is penny pinching, but whatever the reason, it's a bad one.

Posts like these are so refreshing after a tough loss. We seem to all get caught up in each game that it makes us look a little bi-polar. We forget that this is one of the youngest teams in the league with a rookie coaching staff. I agree, we are headed in the right direction!

Go Bills!!

If you are referring to the backup QB, I totally agree. It never made sense to me that we didn't have at least a below average veteran come in and stay with the team after Kolb went down the second time. Anything would be better than Tuel. I am not sure if the reason is penny pinching, but whatever the reason, it's a bad one.

I'm refering to the backup QB, the pro bowl caliber saftey sitting on the bench in a contract dispute, the 3d tier LG they assumed would be good enough, the lack of quality WRs, and the $20MM in cap space.

I see more on the field to be excited about than at any time since the 1990s. A good NFL front office would have this team in first place right now.

Great post by OP. Woods looks freaking awesome. And Kiko looks like an animal out there with his speed/aggression. EJ, Kiko, Woods all in one draft? That's what puts franchises over the top. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road for EJ. This defense is also looking MUCH better despite yesterday's score (very misleading final score); once we get Gilmore back, move Mckelvin over to CB2 and Williams to safety..this D looks very very promising. Lets just hope EJ returns fairly soon.

I honestly was afraid to visit this board today. I tried to get on last night but it was crashing and frankly I am glad I didn't. We were playing with our backups at the end. If EJ was in there, we win that game. I live in Ohio and I don't want to listed to all the people talking about the Browns. I think the Bills played a great game last night, on both sides of the ball. The punting game was the difference maker, they have cut him. Next week we will have Byrd and possibly Gilmore back. I hope upon hope EJ is back. I felt last night like the season was over. I don't really think that. When healthy, this team can beat anyone. How many rushing yards did we put on this D who has allowed next to nothing all year? With two hurt RBs? Our defense looked really good, our secondary got beat by Gordon (again mostly backups) and the punt return. So I know the beat goes on.

Last night was a tough loss, no doubt. That game was the Bills for the taking. To instead lose that game, stings, but I can't feel too bad about it. Then I read Sully's article and I actually can't believe it but I tend to agree with him.

This is a team headed in the right direction. It seems to me that every game it looks more and more like we have the right pieces in place to be a good team in this league. EJ continues to improve (hopefully he's learned to step out of bounds now), Woods looks like the real deal, Kiko is playing lights out (that dive over the line was incredible), and while the coaching staff has made some mistakes I think overall they are doing a good job.

I know Bills fans want (and deserve!) playoffs right away, but we have to remember we have rookies all over the place. Realistically, next year was our year for the playoffs before the season began and it's looking no different now. If that happens, I can live with it.

Thank you... just thank you

I'd rather be the 2013 Buffalo Bills then the 2013 San Francisco 49'ers.

I'd like to add that Dareus is busting out, Lawson looks like a great FA signing and Mario Williams is tied for the league lead with 7 1/2 sacks. If/when everyone is finally healthy (could come against Cincinnati) this defense is going to be one to be reckoned with.

Don't forget KIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget KIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had already been stated. Kiko goes without saying. Just imagine if we can get everyone healthy for the Bengals game, 8 of our 11 starters will be: Mario, Kyle Williams, Dareus, Kiko, Lawson, Byrd, Gillmore and Aaron Williams at safety? On paper, that's an insane defense. Problem is, one will probably get hurt next week in practice, another one or two in the next game and one will more than likely get traded. Such is the life of a Bills fan.

It had already been stated. Kiko goes without saying. Just imagine if we can get everyone healthy for the Bengals game, 8 of our 11 starters will be: Mario, Kyle Williams, Dareus, Kiko, Lawson, Byrd, Gillmore and Aaron Williams at safety? On paper, that's an insane defense. Problem is, one will probably get hurt next week in practice, another one or two in the next game and one will more than likely get traded. Such is the life of a Bills fan.

Right? As soon as we get our entire defense back, our offense goes down. It never fails.

I'll feel better or worse when I find out EJ's status...

Someone in the EJ Sprained Knee thread says he got a text from a reliable source that they are preparing for 6-10 weeks out. Hoping for much better!!!!!!!