I'm blaming Our Coaches

WIDE LEFT

Marrone failed to challenge an obvious fumble; then later challenges a play that can't be challenged. Nice. Pettine, knowing that we have a back up QB in, allows Browns to travel 75 yards in 4 plays. Leaves Williams alone on Browns best receiver; Williams who 2 weeks ago was a safety. Nice.

This was the worst performance of a coaching staff I have ever seen. Is it asking too much for Marrone, with his 7 figure salary, to actually know what the NFL challenge rules are. And Pettine needs to figure out a defense that can stop a third and 18, since our first line offense can't seem to pick up a third and 3.

Marrone failed to challenge an obvious fumble; then later challenges a play that can't be challenged. Nice. Pettine, knowing that we have a back up QB in, allows Browns to travel 75 yards in 4 plays. Leaves Williams alone on Browns best receiver; Williams who 2 weeks ago was a safety. Nice.

This was the worst performance of a coaching staff I have ever seen. Is it asking too much for Marrone, with his 7 figure salary, to actually know what the NFL challenge rules are. And Pettine needs to figure out a defense that can stop a third and 18, since our first line offense can't seem to pick up a third and 3.

Pettine is an amazing coach. His scheme is great and the only reason this team has been competitive is because of the defense. The defense is getting gassed by the up-tempo offense. It's unstainable with the lack of depth due to all the injuries.

Marrone and Hackett are just like any other coaches we have had in the past.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Pettine is an amazing coach. His scheme is great and the only reason this team has been competitive is because of the defense. The defense is getting gassed by the up-tempo offense. It's unstainable with the lack of depth due to all the injuries.

Marrone and Hackett are just like any other coaches we have had in the past.

Give Pettine the HC job before we lose him

Is that why he agreed to come here? Thinking it may be his best way to quickly become a head coach? If so I think it is wrong. Russ has his balls tied to Marrone. They are both safe so what is the reason?

We didn't lose because of coaching, we lost due to injuries that resulted in a lack of offensive firepower.

That may be true, but it would have been nice to see some innovation from Hackett when Manuel went down. He all but forgot about the "easy throws" coaches typically feed cold QBs to establish confidence-- screens, passes to the backs in the flats, etc-- until the game was out of hand. A flea-flicker from your own end zone with only one receiver running a route is hardly a wise, high-percentage, or confidence inspiring play call. Hackett was challenged, due to circumstances outside his control, but he didn't really answer the bell. He was forced to adapt, and couldn't.

The fumble would have been recovered by the Browns so what would be the point of challenging it?

you really think Pettine allowed them to travel 75 yards?

That may be true, but it would have been nice to see some innovation from Hackett when Manuel went down. He all but forgot about the "easy throws" coaches typically feed cold QBs to establish confidence-- screens, passes to the backs in the flats, etc-- until the game was out of hand. A flea-flicker from your own end zone with only one receiver running a route is hardly a wise, high-percentage, or confidence inspiring play call. Hackett was challenged, due to circumstances outside his control, but he didn't really answer the bell. He was forced to adapt, and couldn't.

Screens and passes to the flats when the defense is stacking 8-9 players up at the line??? How is intentionally throwing passes that are going to get blown up going to build his confidence and how are they innovative?

The fumble would have been recovered by the Browns so what would be the point of challenging it?

you really think Pettine allowed them to travel 75 yards?

Screens and passes to the flats when the defense is stacking 8-9 players up at the line??? How is intentionally throwing passes that are going to get blown up going to build his confidence and how are they innovative?

They had 8 or 9 players on the box but they were blitzing them on almost every down. Screen passes work great on a blitz if the screen is thrown to the side of the blitz...

I believe, and I'm just speculating, that he thought the call was goin to be pass interference, which is challengable.

My question is, Cameron ran out of the back of the endzone, making himself not eligible. Can a non eligible reciever be interfered with? Which I think is why Marrone was going to challenge it...

Wow, listen to the complaining, and this after 7 painful years of Gailey / Jauron.

The rookie HC / OC along with the rookie QB, and an un drafted rookie QB. Pettine looked an awful lot like Wannstache in the 4th QTR rushing only four.

If I'm going to complain about something its not having an experienced back up QB, and the special teams allowing 179 return yards. They were raped by the Brownies Travis Benjamin TD.

The Bills might even win that game if EJ steps out of bounds, and doesn't get hurt.

Josh Freeman getting a call if EJ's injury is significant?

Wow, listen to the complaining, and this after 7 painful years of Gailey / Jauron.

The rookie HC / OC along with the rookie QB, and an un drafted rookie QB. Pettine looked an awful lot like Wannstache in the 4th QTR rushing only four.

If I'm going to complain about something its not having an experienced back up QB, and the special teams allowing 179 return yards. They were raped by the Brownies Travis Benjamin TD.

The Bills might even win that game if EJ steps out of bounds, and doesn't get hurt.

Josh Freeman getting a call if EJ's injury is significant?

Sounds like you're complaining about the same things everyone else is complaining about...

I'm guessing you are new to football and the Bills in particular? You have obviously missed the last DECADE of Bills football.

I think the Browns recovered the fumble right away. The Bills player said it was the Bills ball but someone watching the game with me said it was clear the Browns got it first. The Bill walked away with it but the play was long done.

This. A Browns player came up with the ball. So why challenge that. It was a fumble, but we didn't even recover it. It was special teams that hurt us last night way more than the defense and frankly they haven't performed well all year. If you want to complain about a coach, that would be a good place to start.

Hellz yeah. I'm all for this... our offense clearly isn't up to par vs. our defense, which is playing tremendously despite key injuries.

I'm guessing you are new to football and the Bills in particular? You have obviously missed the last DECADE of Bills football.

:w00t::worthy:

We didn't lose because of coaching, we lost due to injuries that resulted in a lack of offensive firepower.

I was of course completely overstating the case when titling this post as completely blaming the coaches. I like this coaching staff and think the Bills are lucky to have them. My main point was that when Manuel went down, our defensive strategy should have changed to slow the game down and limit Tuel's time on the field. With a seven point lead playing two safeties deep to take away the long ball, and forcing Browns to rely on short passing game to move the ball (and eat up the clock). Instead we give up two long passes and in a blink of an eye the game is tied and Tuel is back on the field. The defensive call left Aaron Williams all alone, with no safety help, on the Browns # 1 receiver. I have less of a problem with that call if our offense had not lost its number one receiver and QB. I just thought the defensive strategy did not change one iota, despite the radical changes that took place during the game. And after all it was this coaching staff who determined that Aaron Williams was more suited for the safety position than cornerback, then leave him out there with zero safety help.