Browns are good

Lol, they are better than the Bills with 10 starters out or injured

I think if EJ plays the whole game there would be little talk about how good the Browns are...Not that they're bad...But I don't think they're that good either...Furthermore the Bills are not very good, and they are VERY banged up...

That punt returner for the Browns is dynamite though... B-)

This is crap. Blaming injuries or one or two players is crap. The Browns have plenty of injuries, too. Their starting QB went out long before EJ. Mingo gave up the long TD run to CJ because Sheard is injured. One of the Browns DEs just came back from injury and the other starting DE was injured in the game. The best back up DE was also hurt. Everyone can play that game. It's crap and it's a loser's mentality.

Edited by BarleyNY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crap. Blaming injuries or one or two players is crap. The Browns have plenty of injuries, too. Their starting QB went out long before EJ. Mingo gave up the long TD run to CJ because Sheard is injured. One of the Browns DEs just came back from injury and the other starting DE was injured in the game. The best back up DE was also hurt. Everyone can play that game. It's crap and it's a loser's mentality.

Except... the QB that got knocked out of their game was a 3rd stringer and the guy who game in was actually the 1st round pick starter. Mingo>Sheard and everyone knows it, he was the "backup" because he was injured for almost all of camp and just came back one game ago. Yes, every team has injuries, significant ones. But the Bills' injuries had more impact on the outcome of that game.

Yawn... -_-

You're right...Injuries had nothing to do with the Bills loss last night...

The Browns injuries issues pale in comparison to the Bills, and obviously their depth was better in the areas they were banged up...Especially at QB...No one is making excuses...It is what it is...It can't be ignored though...it's a fact...And the QB injuries resulted in the biggest disparity because Weedon is 100 times better than Tuel... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Except... the QB that got knocked out of their game was a 3rd stringer and the guy who game in was actually the 1st round pick starter. Mingo>Sheard and everyone knows it, he was the "backup" because he was injured for almost all of camp and just came back one game ago. Yes, every team has injuries, significant ones. But the Bills' injuries had more impact on the outcome of that game.

Yawn... -_-

You're right...Injuries had nothing to do with the Bills loss last night...

The Browns injuries issues pale in comparison to the Bills, and obviously their depth was better in the areas they were banged up...Especially at QB...No one is making excuses...It is what it is...It can't be ignored though...it's a fact...And the QB injuries resulted in the biggest disparity because Weedon is 100 times better than Tuel... B-)

No one is making excuses? That's all you are making. The Bills should never have gone into a game, much less a regular season, with Tuel as the #2. That's on the GM, not a stroke of bad luck. The Browns did not have a franchise QB on their roster, but they were considerably deeper there at, you know, what is by far the most important position on the team. QBs get hurt and it was just wishful thinking to believe that this wouldn't bite the Bills in the ass.

Can we blame lack of depth ?

No one is making excuses? That's all you are making. The Bills should never have gone into a game, much less a regular season, with Tuel as the #2. That's on the GM, not a stroke of bad luck. The Browns did not have a franchise QB on their roster, but they were considerably deeper there at, you know, what is by far the most important position on the team. QBs get hurt and it was just wishful thinking to believe that this wouldn't bite the Bills in the ass.

OK...I agree with that take...No question about it the lack of focus on certain areas of depth on this team is the root of the problem...I've said as much here before...

And once again...It's not an excuse if it's a fact...It's a fact the Bills have suffered greatly from that lack of depth you describe...It's happening on the field, during games, and it's obviously due to the injuries...We all know Gilmore and McLovin is worlds better than Rogers and A Williams at CB...It's truth...The CB position alone has accounted for how many TD's now? I just don't see how it's making excuses when someone is pointing out the fact that a CB who was a borderline roster player is getting toasted due to mass injuries at his position...It's not an excuse...It's a fact...

But no question the cause behind the fact was poor roster planning...That much we agree upon... B-)

Can we blame lack of depth ?

OK...I agree with that take...No question about it the lack of focus on certain areas of depth on this team is the root of the problem...I've said as much here before...

And once again...It's not an excuse if it's a fact...It's a fact the Bills have suffered greatly from that lack of depth you describe...It's happening on the field, during games, and it's obviously due to the injuries...We all know Gilmore and McLovin is worlds better than Rogers and A Williams at CB...It's truth...The CB position alone has accounted for how many TD's now? I just don't see how it's making excuses when someone is pointing out the fact that a CB who was a borderline roster player is getting toasted due to mass injuries at his position...It's not an excuse...It's a fact...

But no question the cause behind the fact was poor roster planning...That much we agree upon... B-)

Yes. I think we are all in agreement that the lack of depth/poor roster planning was the huge issue here. The front office needs to do better.

I thought the title was sarcastic. You can't really think they are a good team. They are mediocre at best as are we. With EJ in there we win this game. I think they have an opportunity to be a good team next year though. Cleveland has a ton of picks in next yrs draft. If they can figure out the QB situation then they might be a contender in the years to come

In the second half, the Browns defense completely dominated Tuel's supporting cast. Their pass rushers were better than our pass protectors; their secondary was better than our receivers, and they shut down the running game. Outstanding defensive play in the second half is an indication they were a good team.