Screen game

BillsFan130

Not going to be too critical on Hackett because I think he did a descent job yesterday and improved a lot from the first 3 games but have we seen one screen pass to Spiller this year yet? Got to be able to find a way to give the ball to CJ in space. Gailey did it last year (maybe too much) and spiller had a career year

Not going to be too critical on Hackett because I think he did a descent job yesterday and improved a lot from the first 3 games but have we seen one screen pass to Spiller this year yet? Got to be able to find a way to give the ball to CJ in space. Gailey did it last year (maybe too much) and spiller had a career year

Threw one bubble screen to Stevie yesterday that went for -2. Have not tried a single RB screen, to CJ or Fred or anybody, all season. Disappointing to say the least.

It's disappointing, but something tells me it's all part of Hackett's season-long plan. I think he's slowly implementing more plays as the season goes on, in order to keep things simple for EJ, but also to keep some things in his back pocket to release when the time comes.

I have definitely been yelling for some screen passes, especially during the Jets game when they were teeing off on our O line. My hope is that Hackett has the same thought, but has a legitimate reason not to use it. Maybe he hasn't liked our execution of the screen game in practice (could be due to Brown's slowness or a lack of touch / accuracy from EJ.) I think we are going to need to make use of it at some point this year, especially on some of our road games.

I have definitely been yelling for some screen passes, especially during the Jets game when they were teeing off on our O line. My hope is that Hackett has the same thought, but has a legitimate reason not to use it. Maybe he hasn't liked our execution of the screen game in practice (could be due to Brown's slowness or a lack of touch / accuracy from EJ.) I think we are going to need to make use of it at some point this year, especially on some of our road games.

ya you make a good point, levitre was a huge part of the screen game last year, not so sure colin brown is mobile enough

I've been hollering for more screens myself this season, and have wondered why (with backs like FredEx and CJ) we haven't really tried it at all. Colin Brown may be slow, but what about running it to the right side with Urbik and Pears leading the way and Chandler/Smith getting out in front as well? I hope other posters are right about Hackett keeping this play in his back pocket for later in the season b/c it's just another way to get our great one-two punch backfield more involved in the offense.

BTW, while we're talking offense--TJ Graham had two good plays yesterday, but how about we get Marcus Easley on the field as a receiver rather than just returning (or watching touchback) KOs? Easley tore it up in the preseason as a WR--I'd like to see him on the outside paired with Woods and maybe move Stevie inside to the slot........

I've been hollering for more screens myself this season, and have wondered why (with backs like FredEx and CJ) we haven't really tried it at all. Colin Brown may be slow, but what about running it to the right side with Urbik and Pears leading the way and Chandler/Smith getting out in front as well? I hope other posters are right about Hackett keeping this play in his back pocket for later in the season b/c it's just another way to get our great one-two punch backfield more involved in the offense.

BTW, while we're talking offense--TJ Graham had two good plays yesterday, but how about we get Marcus Easley on the field as a receiver rather than just returning (or watching touchback) KOs? Easley tore it up in the preseason as a WR--I'd like to see him on the outside paired with Woods and maybe move Stevie inside to the slot........

ya I agree 100 percent with everything you said

It's disappointing, but something tells me it's all part of Hackett's season-long plan. I think he's slowly implementing more plays as the season goes on, in order to keep things simple for EJ, but also to keep some things in his back pocket to release when the time comes.

I like that thought. He could be saving the screen for later in the season.

With CBrown in for Levitre, Pears in for Hairston and Wood coming off yet another surgery, the Bills OLine is not anywhere near as mobile as it was last year.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a screen game to appear, because the coaches don't think the big boys can pull it off, and they're probably right.

Hope your right...would be a great move to pull out something we havn't done all year...love CJ in the screen game....

Edited by MOFO