Manuel had another rough outing

zazie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just how is this, "an elephant in the room?" If you're foggy on the metaphor, the "elephant in the room" refers to a glaringly obvious issue that no one wants to talk about, or is going unaddressed. I read these threads A LOT, (although, I rarely post). I can't think of anyone in these forums, even the most strident EJ supporters, who don't freely admit that EJ is a "work in progress."

haha. re: the "elephant in the room", fully agree.

the the op:

words1.jpg?w=300&h=200

Yes, we won, but it was a 5 interception game that we barely won, and EJs stats look fairly horrendous.

Theres only one stat that matters. Ill take the double you

we also had some bad calls on TDs, Turnovers, some dropped balls, injuries, bad footing along the sideline, bad hands in the end zone, an untied shoelace, and a rookie that's only played 4 games.

We found a way to win against the former World Champions.

As it stands with our rookie QB, WR, and LB it looks like we may have a promising future with those 3 positions. Lets hope they continue to learn and grow. Lets hope the offense becomes more familiar and gets in track a little more. Lets hope we can get into a rythem and capitalize on it. EJ is going to have growing problems. Th fact is he made a deep throw for a TD today. Could have had another one if he didnt overthrow Stevie. And might have had another if he can lead Woods on his interception play. Lets hope he continues to progress.

haha. re: the "elephant in the room", fully agree.

the the op:

words1.jpg?w=300&h=200

did you know that Indigo Montoya is Saul in Homeland?

Mrags pointed it out to me... It's about time someone said what everyone was thinking!!!

thanks Cletus. When I get banned tomorrow ill blame you. In fairness, Enlightener has no problem backing up his opinions and would tell you that he enjoys my banter. He's even personally messaged me informing me of this. He can defend himself. I'm not worried.

dear God ...dont compare EJ to Luck.

ill compare EJ to any other rookie QB that wasn't asked to do anything except manage a game and NOT LOSE. EJ did that today. Edited by mrags

thanks Cletus. When I get banned tomorrow ill blame you. In fairness, Enlightener has no problem backing up his opinions and would tell you that he enjoys my banter. He's even personally messaged me informing me of this. He can defend himself. I'm not worried.

ill compare EJ to any other rookie QB that wasn't asked to do anything except manage a game and NOT LOSE. EJ did that today.

Naturally I wasn't talking about you bud... I was talking about the other one....

not to rain on our parade, but it seems clear that Manuel is a work in progress who must progress significantly, for success going forward.

Yes, we won, but it was a 5 interception game that we barely won, and EJs stats look fairly horrendous.

If we had lost....

I think counting on 5 INTs is not a formula that will win us too many more games.

the Bills need to develop a killer instinct (the whole team needs what Kiko has!) and EJ needs to be a LOT better. Hopefully it is possible.

He seems to fumble quite a bit. This is a major concern: ball security and handling.

not to rain on our parade, but it seems clear that Manuel is a work in progress who must progress significantly, for success going forward.

If we had lost....

I think counting on 5 INTs is not a formula that will win us too many more games.

the Bills need to develop a killer instinct (the whole team needs what Kiko has!) and EJ needs to be a LOT better. Hopefully it is possible.

WAIT A MINUTE!

Are you saying that EJ is a rookie QB and we should expect growing pains? He's not going to the pro bowl in his first season? He has a rookie NFL head coach? Or maybe a rookie NFL offensive coordinator? And are you insinuating that there is also an entirely new defensive scheme that players are adjusting to?

Because if that's what you are saying, thanks for sharing! I doubt most of us were aware of these things.

The ONLY thing I have an issue with EJ today was not knowing where the 1st down marker was on 3rd down in the first half....that was a rookie mistake

- He scrambled away from pressure

- The TD pass that got called back with Woods was perfect

- If the TE doesn't fall down that is a easy TD...the ball is placed perfectly

- THe sideline throw to Chandler was also prfect and a improvement from last week....its CHANDLER's job to get his feet in bounds

- Stevie bounces a ball in the air and its picked

- The other int is EJ throwing it up and giving his WR a chance to make a play

- EJ should have easily been over 300 yards passing

He did well today

The ONLY thing I have an issue with EJ today was not knowing where the 1st down marker was on 3rd down in the first half....that was a rookie mistake

- THe sideline throw to Chandler was also prfect and a improvement from last week....its CHANDLER's job to get his feet in bounds

He did well today

Weird... I can't believe you don't have an issue with EJ randomly dropping the ball on two separate occasions... That seems like an issue to me...

He did well today

well done John. Couldn't agree more on every single point.

Of course there is going to be some negatives when a rookie lines up at QB. That's just the nature of the NFL. In my mind the best thing about EJ is that when he lines up behind center I at least feel like the Bills have a chance. That's new.

this---^ for once I feel like no matter how bad they've been playing, EJ gives us a chance with 90 second left and 80 yards to go with no time outs ;-)

Weird... I can't believe you don't have an issue with EJ randomly dropping the ball on two separate occasions... That seems like an issue to me...

He has this way of carrying the football. Like its a loaf of bread. Many QBs do that. They are QBs not RBs. I feel it's one of the things he needs to work on and I don't doubt that he will. Right now he's got so much more to worry about. The ball security will come with time. The stepping up into the pocket as opposed to running outside of it will come with experience and trust as well.

If we had lost....

Newsflash....he's a rookie.

Right now it's about seeing positives in each game.

He finally began running the ball instead of just handing it off when they ran the read option and it lead to some big plays. Even the play when he fumbled, you could tell that play would have opened up. Rookie mistake.

This game was really about the defense. Secondary rebounded with the help of Kiko Alonzo, who along with Robert Woods is making this draft class thus far look spectacular.

They finally made stops when they needed to, instead of forcing the Bills to drive down the field after giving up the lead.

Buffalo also sustained a very nice drive in the 4th quarter until EJ threw that interception (yes, he underthrew the receiver. Rookie mistake...he'll learn on that one).

I saw alot of positives today. And bottom line is they won against a pretty good team.

4 games, all of which they have been in and haven't lost by more than a touchdown, and they are .500 early in the season.

I'll take it and hopefully EJ and Buffalo's defense can build confidence from today's win.

Edited by dezertbill

The elephant in the room is that the Bills beat the Super Bowl champs with their top 3-4 (and at times 5) DBs out. After playing pitiful the week before. We have no idea what this team is all about. We could be 0-4 and we could be 4-0. Playing NE, Car, the Jets and the Ravens, even with 3 games at home, you couldnt expect more than 2-2 even without the injuries. This team is decimated.

If we had lost....

Glass half empty.

Btw they did win.

The elephant in the room is that the Bills beat the Super Bowl champs with their top 3-4 (and at times 5) DBs out. After playing pitiful the week before. We have no idea what this team is all about. We could be 0-4 and we could be 4-0. Playing NE, Car, the Jets and the Ravens, even with 3 games at home, you couldnt expect more than 2-2 even without the injuries. This team is decimated.

awesome post Kelly. 4-0, 0-4 is a very thin line right now. IMO, the next 2 weeks will really show is who we are and where we are headed this season.

awesome post Kelly. 4-0, 0-4 is a very thin line right now. IMO, the next 2 weeks will really show is who we are and where we are headed this season.

It's going to take longer than 2 weeks. CLE and CIN are both currently 2-2, with both losing games they were predicted to win and winning games they were predicted to lose. Those teams are just as large question marks as BUF, so the next 2 are not going to tell much in the short term.

Zazie try to keep positive my friend, there are negatives about almost any game, even if you win. The fact they kick the Ravens in the 1st half well enough to win shows some moxie and some luck. EJ was less than perfect, you are right by he did enough and we prevailed, I am happy with that.

It's going to take longer than 2 weeks. CLE and CIN are both currently 2-2, with both losing games they were predicted to win and winning games they were predicted to lose. Those teams are just as large question marks as BUF, so the next 2 are not going to tell much in the short term.

I hear ya...But I think if the Bills were to go 2-0 in those 2 games it would say a hell of a lot about this team...Especially considering they will still likely be pretty banged up... B-)