How long will Spiller last ?

Isn't there a spell check option before you submit a post and/or reply??????

Needless to say.....in an ideal world I think id be great to see Fred and CJ in the back field together with a 3 WR set having chandler in the slot (especially after seeing David Nelson play the slot) that way if we needed we could bump him down and go out regular pro formation or spread the backs out wide and go empty

It would be nice to see 5 or 6 different formations without having to switch up personal

Not you at all but amazing how fast gears switch here. Just 2 months ago here Fred was old, slow, injury and fumble prone and we need to trade him while we're still lucky to get a 7th. Now he's the man.

FJ's always been the man. At least in my book. There's a reason he's a team captain. If this team had 22 players with FJ's heart and drive they'd be in the playoffs.

In spite of the spelling difficulties on the part of the OP, I think this is a pretty good question. If Spiller is going to run the ball until he pukes, and be expected to run the ball up the middle, then the possibiliy of an injury such as a knee blowout is a real concern. I know, I know. Football is a violent game and injuries happen. But using a back like Spiller in a manner that is not appropriate for his talents is like playing with fire. Sooner or later you are going to get burnt.

Spillers problem is consistency. He's still a young back and has plenty to learn from FJ in my opinion. FJ has always made something from nothing on his carries while spiller always tries to dance away from impending tackles and loses yards. But when he gets in the open field...see ya! Marrone needs to playcall accordingly because each back will run a play very differently. ALSO, where the hell is the screen pass? We go from calling screens way to much last year to not enough this year. Need to find that happy median.

Spillers problem is consistency. He's still a young back and has plenty to learn from FJ in my opinion. FJ has always made something from nothing on his carries while spiller always tries to dance away from impending tackles and loses yards. But when he gets in the open field...see ya! Marrone needs to playcall accordingly because each back will run a play very differently. ALSO, where the hell is the screen pass? We go from calling screens way to much last year to not enough this year. Need to find that happy median.

This is his 4th season. Running backs are expected to perform their first season. When I see arguments like he is being used incorrectly, or he needs space to utilize his speed etc. that's fine. But this "he is young" BS needs to stop.

I think it might be time that BIlls fans everywhere realize that CJ isn't a young back anymore. He is in his 4th year and looking forward to his second and probably final contract of his career. For fans to expect that all of a sudden he is going to prove to be anything other than what he has been to this point is crazy. Do we really believe that coaches are the reason that CJ didn't get the ball either handed or thrown to him 25 times a game? The coaches do want to win, no? If he was the "stud" that TBD has determined he is then they would have ridden him to victory.

This is his 4th season. Running backs are expected to perform their first season. When I see arguments like he is being used incorrectly, or he needs space to utilize his speed etc. that's fine. But this "he is young" BS needs to stop.

Well said Monkey

Dan Leberfeld from NFL Radio had some interesting comments on NFL Radio yesterday when asked about the Bills. He stated the Bills should start Fred Jackson as he is simply producing more at this point than CJ. He also agreed with a lot of these posters that although the hurry up can help some young QB's, it is not a bad thing to modulate tempo so sometimes speed up, and sometimes slow it down. He referenced how we should have walked away in the Pats game in the 4th quarter the no huddle.

I just thought he was interesting as he is very fair minded with teams and doesn't repeat others. That is why I like the radio game day comments rather than the ESPN stuff on TV.

Anyway, I wish we used more of Fred with the Ravens. If we also just hit more on the intermediate routes, we'll loosen it up fro Fredex.

who is spillar?

Is he some guy that works in the office? If that is the case, he will work at OBD until he pisses off Russ or Ralph.

Yeah I smelled too much diesel fumes from my tractor that morning.That combined with the sauerkraut I made that day,must have made me a little cloudy.Sorry C.J.

When I see excuses like that I think, "that makes him a 3rd down, change of pace type back." If you have to get a guy in space every time he gets the ball he's not an every down back.