Government Shut Down Looming!

Tiberius

SHUTDOWN PRIORITIES:

Grocery stores on Army bases in the U.S. are closed. The golf course at Andrews Air Force base is open. Well, of course. That’s Barack’s golf course

White House Ordering Hundreds of Privately Run, Privately Funded Parks to Close.

SHUTDOWN THEATER IN THE SMOKY MOUNTAINS. Remember these shenanigans when various agencies are after budget increases in the future. Serving the public clearly isn’t their priority, so act accordingly.

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, Gov. Scott Walker isn’t having any of it:

Moron.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The national number for Obamacare is 1-800-318-2596. Spelling it out on a keypad is 1-800-F1U**YO . Asterisks were added so as not to invoke the filter. The odds against this happening by accident are probably as big as winning the lottery.

Pretty sure that 1.800. F1UCKYO won't blow up the filter. Funny.

So the WW II Veterans are simply enjoying their First Amendment Rights according to the Parks Dept...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/world-war-ii-veterans-prove-unstoppable-entering-memorial/story?id=20446144

"The Honor Flights are being granted access to the WWII memorial to conduct First Amendment activities in accordance with National Park Service regulations applicable to the National Mall and Memorial Parks," said National Park Service Spokeswoman Carol Johnson in a statement regarding the closure of World War II and other national memorials in DC. "This is consistent with the DOI Closure Determination and Notice issued on October 1, 2013."

How soon till other locations are breached for "First Amendment Rights"?

So the WW II Veterans are simply enjoying their First Amendment Rights according to the Parks Dept...

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=20446144

How soon till other locations are breached for "First Amendment Rights"?

Why not just say they got an exemption? Heck, Obamacare is handing out exemptions. They are WWII vets (not many left) they should get special dispensation.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

seriously? you look at this conflict and you see dems and not teabaggers acting machiavellian?

I see arrogant douchebag campaigner in chief obama using the media to use the republicans against themselves. Let no crisis go without exploiting it right?

Blame the republicans, throw out some sad human interest stories to get people riled up, let the media do what they do and obama can do what he does best, blame it on republicans.

He's hoping to keep pushing his narrative of his lack of leadership isn't his fault for not getting anything done, its the evil obstructionost republicans.

these battles over continuing resolutions & shutting down the government are obviously used as a way for one party to gain political 'one-upsmanship' over the other, but what I'd like to know is this: if the senate is constitutionally required to pass an anual budget, how can they legally get away with not doing so? I realize that there would be the same kind of battles over passing a budget as there is with passing a continuing resolution, but at least with a budget they would be providing an enumeration of their proposed expenditures (which I imagine is why they're going with continuing resolutions) for everyone to see. if not passing an annual budget is unconstitutional, how can they keep doing it?

these battles over continuing resolutions & shutting down the government are obviously used as a way for one party to gain political 'one-upsmanship' over the other, but what I'd like to know is this: if the senate is constitutionally required to pass an anual budget, how can they legally get away with not doing so? I realize that there would be the same kind of battles over passing a budget as there is with passing a continuing resolution, but at least with a budget they would be providing an enumeration of their proposed expenditures (which I imagine is why they're going with continuing resolutions) for everyone to see. if not passing an annual budget is unconstitutional, how can they keep doing it?

Because they don't give a flying $%^&* about the Constitution. They haven't passed a budget in years...

Because they don't give a flying $%^&* about the Constitution. They haven't passed a budget in years...

I understand that. what I'm asking, in as non-partisan a way as I know how to do, is how they can legally get away with it, and who, if anyone, has the authority to take action against them? if they take an oath swearing to uphold & defend the constitution and then ignore it whan it's politically convenient for them to do so, aren't they in violation of their oath of office?

Agreed. The democrat controlled senate under harry Reid has been extremely politically divisive and corrupt. But the lack of media attention on the senate abysmal record to even attempt to pass a budget has been pathetic

I understand that. what I'm asking, in as non-partisan a way as I know how to do, is how they can legally get away with it, and who, if anyone, has the authority to take action against them? if they take an oath swearing to uphold & defend the constitution and then ignore it whan it's politically convenient for them to do so, aren't they in violation of their oath of office?

The voters during the next election could vote them out. But they won't because it's the other guys fault their senator/representative couldn't get stuff done.

Woman driver, child in car, Connecticut license plates.

Pete in drag?

The intransigents

by Rich Lowrey

Refusing to negotiate is the new reasonableness.

After years of agonized media commentary about the failure of key players in Washington to sit down and work out their differences, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid plans to win the fight over the government shutdown by rejecting all compromise, calling his opponents names and escaping blame in the press.

Eric Cantor, do not try this at home. It is a gambit available only to a Democrat who is presumed, almost by definition, to be free of any responsibility for a shutdown. Reid could attack John Boehner with his bare hands and it would barely budge the narrative of his role as one of the outraged innocents in this story.

President Barack Obama finally invited congressional leaders to the White House to discuss what is supposed to be a dire national crisis, but it is Reid’s calculated intransigence that has so far carried the day. According to POLITICO, it was on his advice that Obama pulled the plug on a prior planned gathering at the White House. The president says he won’t negotiate on the debt ceiling, so the current fight that Democrats won’t negotiate over might roll into the next one they won’t negotiate over, either.

The basis of the refusal to talk is the notion that only an extremist with a bomb strapped to his chest would make a policy demand as government funding is about to run out. This argument depends on a short memory. Before Republicans lost the shutdown fights with Bill Clinton in the mid-1990s, putting an end to such brinkmanship for the duration, the policy dispute on the cusp of a shutdown was a routine feature of Washington.

What is supposed to be the Golden Age of bipartisanship in Washington, when Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan were bosom buddies and practically tucked each other in at night, was punctuated by periodic shutdowns. As Dylan Matthews of The Washington Post’s Wonkblog points out in a comprehensive account, the deadlocks of the 1980s involved budget cuts, public-works spending, the MX missile, welfare, foreign aid, a civil rights ruling by the Supreme Court, a buy- and hire-American requirement for offshore oil rigs, and funding for the Nicaraguan Contras — a broad cross section of the controversies of the time.

he fact checker at the Post, Glenn Kessler, has batted down Obama’s contention that no one has ever tried to attach extraneous measures to a debt ceiling measure before. As far back as 1973, Sens. Teddy Kennedy and Walter Mondale (aka nihilistic terrorists heedless of the damage they might cause to global financial markets) tried to attach campaign finance reform to a debt-limit increase. Kessler cites an evaluation of the Golden Age by two experts who “list 25 nongermane amendments that were attached to debt-limit bills between 1978 and 1987, including allowing voluntary school prayer, banning busing to achieve integration and proposing a nuclear freeze.”