How good is Michael Vick??

What would Bills fans give up to get this guy??? Rocket Arm, quickness, great awareness, can make a preimer pass rush look like nothing at all..902 rushing yards during the season..are you kidding me?? Makes everybody else on his team better because opposing defenses game plan on him ALONE..boy o boy he's definetly fun to watch..

What would Bills fans give up to get this guy??? Rocket Arm, quickness, great awareness, can make a preimer pass rush look like nothing at all..902 rushing yards during the season..are you kidding me?? Makes everybody else on his team better because opposing defenses game plan on him ALONE..boy o boy he's definetly fun to watch..

206871[/snapback]

kid can play...after watching tonight...Eagles/Vikings winner better be ready

Lol, and why won't he win a SB? Because you say so?

206890[/snapback]

Because he's not a leader, and he can't be a leader until he shows some toughness.

Sure, he's a great player - great defined by making those around him better. But, he doesn't sack up at the critical times, and avoids contact like the defense was fielding 11 lepers. Everybody on every opposing defense knows what a wuss he is, that's why they give him that little extra when they do manage to get their hands on him - a lot of times he'll just drop the ball inexplicably.

And you better know his teammates know that too. You have to respect the skills, but is this a guy who you'd follow into a dark alley and expect to come out the other side? Not at this point in his career. The Rypien/Dilfer/Hostetler examples cited above are telling - 3 tough S.O.B's.

P.S. The attempted stiffarm late in the 4th on Antuan Edwards doesn't count, because everybody in the world does that. Edwards makes Izell Reese seem like Ronnie Lott by comparison.

Mick Vick is a one man show. he has vision problems throwing the ball. His leading receiver is a TE of all things. He puts up running back rushing yards but he is only wearing QB Pads. He is going ot get popped one time and get seriously hurt. If he goes down his whole team goes with him.

Vick talent don't get me wrong but you have have all the talent in the world and still never get a SB ring. Just ask Dan Marino.

EVeryone wants a Mobile QB but I seriously doubt a mobile QB will be on the superbowl championship team. Mcnabb used to be like Vick running around all the time but he learned eventually. he is more of a Pocket QB now and his game has improved.

206871[/snapback]

All that and 16 fumbles this season to boot!

All that and 16 fumbles this season to boot!

206952[/snapback]

You guys are stoned. the guy is a complete winner. The best athlete I have ever seen. His second year he had the Falcons ( perneial loser) in the playoffs 10-6 and beat the then precieved invincible packers in the playoffs. Last year he is out and the team sucked. This years he's back and look at the results.

BTW, he is two wins from a SB this year and his receivers stink. No way can the falcons play the AFC a good game this year, but that is the team not Vick's fault.

206871[/snapback]

2004 Atlanta 15 78.1 181 321 56.4 2313 154.2 7.2 14 12

sacked 46 times 266 yards lost 16 fumbles 7 lost

Yes Michael Vick is a huge reason why the falcons are where they are.Obviousily having the best rushing offense in the nfl helps. It kills clock and keeps your defense fresh. (although their strength of schedule this year ranked 32nd in the nfl) Yes he's mobile, but this stuff about how he can make a premier pass rush look like nothing at all is a fallacy, as he was sacked a league leading 46 times. Sure His mobility may have helped him avoid a few sacks here or there, but the way people talk about him you would think he never gets sacked, when in fact he gets sacked a lot. Vick is an amazing athlete. He's mobile and can run. However his accuracy on his "amazing rocket arm" is brutal. he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn yard door. vick while a great athlete is far from a great quaterback, and beating up on the rams isn't all that impressive. Remember they played in the worst division in football.

Michael Vick is no different than Drew Bledsoe in that he is only as good as the team he is playing is bad. At one point yesterday he was something like 11/16 for 92 yards, but had run for 150 or something. That's all well and good when you're playing vs. the Rams ...or even playing in the NFC. But for the long term, it's just a circus show that gets good ratings and ultimately will come to pass as a really athletic guy who can't win the Big Game.

2004 Atlanta 15  78.1 181 321 56.4 2313 154.2 7.2 14 12

sacked 46 times 266 yards lost    16 fumbles  7  lost

207077[/snapback]

Barry Sanders had tons of rushes for negative yards, but the good were so goods they made up for the bad. I look at Vick's sacks the same way. You might stop him a couple of times, but eventually he will burn you bad and make up for the negative plays.

Mick Vick sucks. Sure he ran for 900yds,but so could'nt Doug Flutie. For the Falcons it's all about Warrick Dunn and the defense the front four has been playing some great defense all set in motion by the former Wade Philips.

Barry Sanders had tons of rushes for negative yards, but the good were so goods they made up for the bad.  I look at Vick's sacks the same way.  You might stop him a couple of times, but eventually he will burn you bad and make up for the negative plays.

207086[/snapback]

How many winning seasons did the Lions have with Barry Sanders in the backfield? Not all that many. While he was one of my favorite players, I realize that he actually hurt his team with all of that freelancing and losing so much yardage.

As for Vick, I don't know, maybe the Falcons will win the Super Bowl with him. Who knows? But that still will not change my opinion of him as a RB playing QB. He's got great athleticism, no doubt, and he's got a strong arm, but I'm not sold on him in terms of intangibles as a QB. If he were to get injured tomorrow and lose a lot of that speed for the rest of his career, what kind of QB would he be? Probably a pretty ordinary one. If you could give me any QB currently in the league, to this point, Vick would not make my top 10 list. He might make the top 20. If I'm looking for a mobile QB, I'd much rather have a QB like Culpepper or McNabb.

Vick will never win a SB.

206886[/snapback]

I tend to agree. He's more hype than substance. While he is one of the best running QB's I've ever seen, he is not a very accurate thrower. You will notice that the Falcons are a running team, not a passing team. Maybe Jim Mora Jr. knows that you can't win with Vick's arm.

PTR

Good enough to be traded for LT and Drew Brees as the #1 pick.

Good enough to win at Lambeau in the playoffs and last night. I guess neither was a "big" game.

Right now is the #3 rated QB in the playoffs.

Another thing to consider is that he just finished his second complete season as a starter and is playing in a new system.

46 sacks. Same as Culpepper. He must "suck" too.

3 QB's had 2 runs over 20 yds. Vick had 10!

Give him 3 years and he will be right up there with McNabb & Culpepper who both drastically improved after a couple years in the league.

Could Vick have led our Bills to the SB this season? I think so.