Last minute drive...

Bronc24

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Your post above seems to insinuate that the DB was just faked out by a clever route run by Stevie, instead of the actual FACT of the situation....that ONE of those TWO DBs (#20 most likely) was supposed to cover Stevie, but they had a miscommunication, and they BLEW the coverage.

@BillnutinHouston: Re the play-action pass I suggested: Using YOUR own logic, sounds like the Bills should have just run it in, because "NOBODY would have bit on the fake dive." NOBODY bites on the run = easy TD for Fred Jackson, who was the lone setback on that play. You should be a coach!

Whatever though, I'm done here. You can't get blood from a rock.

I'm super happy the Bills finally got some breaks go their way at the end of a game. :thumbsup:

You are the guy who ruins his daughters B-day party by interrupting her 4pm cake by saying, "you know, you weren't born til 10pm". Lame.. Plenty of balls get caught after a D miscommunication. They still count! Edited by thebug

Anyone notice who wasn't on the field?

Anyone notice the extremely smart, veteran play made by the guy who was on the field in his place?

I'll guess that Fred was on the field and not CJ? Can't say I noticed what he did though. My eyes followed the ball first and then quickly located the ceiling fan to be sure I didn't jump into it.

I'll guess that Fred was on the field and not CJ? Can't say I noticed what he did though. My eyes followed the ball first and then quickly located the ceiling fan to be sure I didn't jump into it.

Yes, it was Freddy, not CJ.

And I was referring to his intentional drop in the backfield.

CORRECTION: Spiller was on the field.

Please ignore.

EJ is much better when he is just playing and not thinking. It was evident yesterday during that last drive. He did the same thing in the first preseason game. When he plays instinctively he is great. He needs to trust those instincts other than in a two minute drill

Spoken like a true Bills fan. We get about a million game changing ticky tack calls against us and can't accept it when we get one in our favor.

Yeah tell me about it...all capped by the famous "Just give it to them" call against the Patriots

If keuchly doesnt hold the ball is right on the numbers for a TD , go back and look at the film

OK, looking at the video right now, and your take that SJ would have had an easy catch for a TD is a big MAYBE. From the tape, it looks like he would have been tackled IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD, if he caught it, with about 15 seconds left. The Bills would have been lucky if they were able to run up and spike it for one more play. When the ball is picked, there are FOUR Panthers surrounding SJ, 2 in front (including Keuchly) and 2 safeties behind him.

I hate to say this, but after being prodded to look at the video, it appears that both outside receivers (Chandler & Woods) were BEHIND their men, and Woods (on the right side) was wide open because the safeties were favoring the middle & the other side, and Woods had beat his man badly. That the one safety favored the side with Chandler running a fly pattern is very curious too. Like you said, go back & look at the tape.

Also, Fred Jackson was the lone setback for all of the Bills' last 3 plays...the pass over the middle resulting in the PI call, EJ's scramble to the 2, and the final TD pass. CJ was NOT on the field for any of those 3 plays. B-) One final note: FWIW, the Bills' formations on the PI play and the scramble by EJ were exactly the same.