Boo Hoo the poor Patriots!

Gasjuggler

No. Illogical.

If it doesn't matter who Brady is throwing to, then it doesn't matter. You are saying it does matter. You can't have it both ways.

These WRs aren't good. I am aware that they can get better. (Thompkins for example) However, that's not the standard that has been set.

The standard is: "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Brady can make them good".

We are seeing that it does matter. He has not made them better, from preseason until last night, never mind "good".

Therefore, the premise that "Tom Brady always makes his skill players good, to the point that it doesn't matter who they are" is false.

I feel like your looking for a reason to hate on Brady. If those players were doing their jobs, he would make them look like superstars. Thats all I'm trying to say. If you look where Brady is putting the ball, it doesn't matter who his receivers are, but they also have to catch it. Brady can't do that.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Brady makes players around him better.

I know your about to disagree with me so go for it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among other things it speeds the healing process, both for longer term injuries as well as from day-to-day exertion, hence why it would be pretty popular with aging and/or injured players.

Which is why it should just be legal. It doesn't turn guys into superhuman muscle-men, or make them hit harder, or make them stronger.

Which is why it should just be legal. It doesn't turn guys into superhuman muscle-men, or make them hit harder, or make them stronger.

Just curious. Where'd you happen to get your MD? There are reasons a prescription is required for HGH.

In addition, age, fatigue and injuries are part of the game. HGH is a PED. In addition to the health risks to those taking PEDs, their use taints the competition--it's no longer one man against another, but the guy with the best "juice" has an advantage....

Brady gets angry during Patriots' win

that close to a loss 2 weeks in a row

http://sports.yahoo....46657--nfl.html

It irritates me so much that they are putting this all on his receivers. At least 1 of Dobson's "drops" was a ball that was thrown out in front of him and he nearly made an acrobatic play to catch the ball. Tom has not been sharp thus far regardless of who he is throwing too. Then add in the fact that he throws a temper tantrum every time one of them makes a mistake. He is being revealed as the big baby he has always been!

Loved that Michael Irvin called him out for it too last night. Along the lines of him not seeing those reactions from Tom when he would screw up and that it is up to him to lead them not berate and belittle them.

Just curious. Where'd you happen to get your MD? There are reasons a prescription is required for HGH.

In addition, age, fatigue and injuries are part of the game. HGH is a PED. In addition to the health risks to those taking PEDs, their use taints the competition--it's no longer one man against another, but the guy with the best "juice" has an advantage....

And there are MDs who prescribe steroids. Under a doctor's supervision (which all these guys are) I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to use HGH to recover from injury. It is a far lesser problem than the dozens of legal (highly addictive) painkillers they are being overprescribed and popping like candy.

It irritates me so much that they are putting this all on his receivers. At least 1 of Dobson's "drops" was a ball that was thrown out in front of him and he nearly made an acrobatic play to catch the ball. Tom has not been sharp thus far regardless of who he is throwing too. Then add in the fact that he throws a temper tantrum every time one of them makes a mistake. He is being revealed as the big baby he has always been!

Loved that Michael Irvin called him out for it too last night. Along the lines of him not seeing those reactions from Tom when he would screw up and that it is up to him to lead them not berate and belittle them.

AND the truth comes out. Many here said Brady was a bad sport in winning and losing ..... now the national media is broadcasting it 2 thumbs up

And there are MDs who prescribe steroids. Under a doctor's supervision (which all these guys are) I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to use HGH to recover from injury. It is a far lesser problem than the dozens of legal (highly addictive) painkillers they are being overprescribed and popping like candy.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5166854_side-effects-abusing-hgh.html

A link on side effects of HGH, long and short term. Remember, too, that by allowing its use, you're effectively forcing guys who don't want to take it to have to take it to "keep up with the Joneses" in order to to keep their jobs. Ask Eric Wood about that, for ex. He's spoken out against its use, as have other players. To me, it's too high a price to pay for our entertainment....

you can see it coming to an end but can anyone else in the east win 10 or 11 games? Pats can probably get to 10, Brady is amazing and they hold like no one else

It will be interesting to see if Brady is as amazing with this year's WR and TE crew

I've already seen it here and heard it, folks commenting on his inaccurate throws

http://www.ehow.com/...busing-hgh.html

A link on side effects of HGH, long and short term. Remember, too, that by allowing its use, you're effectively forcing guys who don't want to take it to have to take it to "keep up with the Joneses" in order to to keep their jobs. Ask Eric Wood about that, for ex. He's spoken out against its use, as have other players. To me, it's too high a price to pay for our entertainment....

I think there's a serious difference between a medically administered dosage for a short time during healing and "abuse," but we'll agree to disagree. I am not advocating for abuse of anything, and I'd love to see these guys stop having to abuse painkillers as well.

Your point about "keeping up with the Joneses" is well-taken, but I think if you regulate it your chances are much better than if you keep it strictly illegal in sports.

What is poor Tommy going to do. No receivers to throw to. it 's their own doing. They choose not to pay Welker. They choose not to resign Floyd and Moorhead. They choose to draft Gronk who had injury problems even in college. They choose to draft Hernandez who had character issues. They will not walk through the AFC East this year. I don't have any pity for them. Iam enjoying it.

I don't know why you would feel sorry for a team that is undefeated at 2 and 0 ? I don't get it, a win is a win no matter how ugly you win. They still count as a "W" in the won/lost column. :doh:

Could you imagine if Cutler, Rivers had a tantrum like Brady had against the Jets. Well they have and the media rips them apart for it. Whinney Tom is given a pass for the most part.

Brady got a pass because he has a hot wife. :thumbsup:

I do not know if I would want to be the Patriots. They won...but they cheated. Of course, that only mattered that one week ESPN talked about it...so maybe it is not so bad.

Cheating? Does it really help that much watching another team's practice? You still don't know what play the offense is going to call. But besides that, wouldn't you want to know what it's like to dominate a division and get into the playoffs for well over a DECADE? Or to go to FIVE SUPER BOWLS and winning THREE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS? Most Buffalo fans would give their first born or cut off their right arm just to win a world championship ONE TIME! :wallbash:

Cheating? Does it really help that much watching another team's practice? You still don't know what play the offense is going to call. But besides that, wouldn't you want to know what it's like to dominate a division and get into the playoffs for well over a DECADE? Or to go to FIVE SUPER BOWLS and winning THREE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS? Most Buffalo fans would give their first born or cut off their right arm just to win a world championship ONE TIME! :wallbash:

I'd give your right arm, certainly.

Yeah, the plane thing is overboard, even jokingly, but I agree with Johnny's other post. It's annoying how even questioning Spygate gets you instantly labeled a conspiracy theorist. Think about the penalty the Pats received--$500,000 and a 1st round pick!! That's stiff. So...why didn't we get the full details? It's frustrating. Also, just bringing up Spygate and questioning what the Pats did/didn't do doesn't mean you're saying ALL their success is attributed to the cheating. I'm not saying that at all. Just as a contributor to the multi billion dollar business that is the NFL, I feel I deserve real answers and concrete details, not for the commissioner to gloss over it and then get rid of the evidence. It's crazy. Think about how friggin long they went on about the Saints thing with the bounties. Even the T.O fake suicide thing got more air time!

Cause the saints players took the nfl to court. You really don't see a difference in why it played out differently besides the uniforms the people wear?

I feel like your looking for a reason to hate on Brady. If those players were doing their jobs, he would make them look like superstars. Thats all I'm trying to say. If you look where Brady is putting the ball, it doesn't matter who his receivers are, but they also have to catch it. Brady can't do that.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Brady makes players around him better.

I know your about to disagree with me so go for it.

He did the same thing in the game thread. Brady was so good he made them look bad honestly. He put good throws in there that even on an off day so-so players should've caught more of. His receivers had an atrocious day on that front but they couldn't have been given better or easier opportunities in many cases and if they made use of even a couple of them they would've looked like stars. At some point they will catch the ball and they will look much better than they really are and it'll be because of their qb.