Boo Hoo the poor Patriots!

Gasjuggler

oh to be Brady

http://www.nfl.com/v...-cross-the-line

Did New England Patriots QB Tom Brady cross the line?

Oh Tommy gets a pass because he apologized ... what a load of shi+

How pathetic that we live in an age where idiots write articles about a FOOTBALL player "crossing the line" because he yelled at teammates during a FOOTBALL game.

It's not the endless pussificaiton of our society that is so bothersome as much as is the complete and total acceptance of it by such a huge majority of the population.

I wish the Bills had a few players that would blow up at teammates when they played like sh--. Oh wait, we did. His name was Jim Kelly. I don't remember anyone crying about it back then though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competition about to get tougher for Patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - With an unimpressive offense, the New England Patriots are unbeaten after strong fourth quarters by the defense. But what will happen when they don't play rookie quarterbacks? They're about to find out. After squeaking out wins over the Buffalo Bills, with EJ Manuel at quarterback, and New York Jets, with Geno Smith under center, the Patriots will face two of the NFL's top quarterbacks, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees, in the next four games.

How pathetic that we live in an age where idiots write articles about a FOOTBALL player "crossing the line" because he yelled at teammates during a FOOTBALL game.

It's not the endless pussificaiton of our society that is so bothersome as much as is the complete and total acceptance of it by such a huge majority of the population.

I wish the Bills had a few players that would blow up at teammates when they played like sh--. Oh wait, we did. His name was Jim Kelly. I don't remember anyone crying about it back then though.

oh you must be a Putz fan. Yes yelling at games happens. Tantrums is another thing. Cinderfella Brady is a POOR SPORT. Always has and always will be. In winning and losing. Look at the related stories with J Cuttler and Rivers. Both get crap for it. Cinderfella gets a pass.

Could you imagine if Cutler, Rivers had a tantrum like Brady had against the Jets. Well they have and the media rips them apart for it. Whinney Tom is given a pass for the most part.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

oh you must be a Putz fan. Yes yelling at games happens. Tantrums is another thing. Cinderfella Brady is a POOR SPORT. Always has and always will be. In winning and losing. Look at the related stories with J Cuttler and Rivers. Both get crap for it. Cinderfella gets a pass.

You would take his three Super Bowl rings and if you wouldn't, you're a liar.

I feel like your looking for a reason to hate on Brady. If those players were doing their jobs, he would make them look like superstars. Thats all I'm trying to say. If you look where Brady is putting the ball, it doesn't matter who his receivers are, but they also have to catch it. Brady can't do that.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Brady makes players around him better.

I know your about to disagree with me so go for it.

Yes, when I apply logic, correctly, it's "emotional". :lol: Nothing like Hate Facts. :lol:

The reality is I am doing the opposite. If we posit that something is always true, but, then it fails empirically, it simply cannot be true. Or, at least not "always".

You are adding the condition "if they were doing their jobs". No such condition has ever been added to the premise "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Tom Brady will make them good".

If you want to change the premise, by adding your condition, to: "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Tom Brady will make them good, provided they are competent.'" Then, that premise is no longer the same, is it?

EDIT: In fact, that premise contradicts itself, so we should simply reject it as: nonsense.

This is what happens when a dopey hypothetical(the original premise) is thrust into the real world. It doesn't survive its initial contact with oxygen.

Or, this is what happens when poor analysis, is met by reality.

As far as who is looking to do what? I am applying logic to poorly thought out analysis. What are you doing?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think the wheels are falling off in NE. If Tom Brady is getting upset about the Bills and Jets, just imagine what he will do when the Pats* play a good team. Sorry, die hard Bills fan here, but the team was not suppose to even come close to the Pats in week 1. They held it together and I hope the playoffs come sooner then later, I would love this year, but everything is against them.

PS You are an idiot. I have no idea what's up your @ss, all I have said is that WHINER Tom Brady is finally being outed for the crybaby he is

Name-calling is the first refuge of someone who has no legs to stand on.

I think Brady is a whiner, too, and I love to see him lose. But he's good, and I'm not whining about it (see what we just did there?). He won't be thought of as more of a whiner than a winner until someone finally unseats the Patriots at the top of the division.

It might be fun to watch the butt-fumble or make fun of Brady or whatever, but the fact stands that our team isn't any better than theirs until they prove otherwise, and his poor sportsmanship is all cold comfort to me.

PS LOL at calling KD a Pats fan. I think you need to come over for some ribs and a beer and chill the F out.

No. Illogical.

If it doesn't matter who Brady is throwing to, then it doesn't matter. You are saying it does matter. You can't have it both ways.

These WRs aren't good. I am aware that they can get better. (Thompkins for example) However, that's not the standard that has been set.

The standard is: "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Brady can make them good".

We are seeing that it does matter. He has not made them better, from preseason until last night, never mind "good".

Therefore, the premise that "Tom Brady always makes his skill players good, to the point that it doesn't matter who they are" is false.

It does matter, but look, you can't subtract Welker and Hernandez and Gronk from his arsenal and expect that it's not going to have some short-term impact. Taking Amendola -- his new Welker -- out, exacerbates it. The TEs were his game for the past few years, and they're just... gone right now.

He can make a lot of players look good, but you usually need someone the defense has to respect to draw coverage away and create favorable opportunities. Right now all of the guys he has are too new, too young or too unreliable (see: Edelman, who can take over a game but also can get very lazy in his routes and doesn't possess super-glue hands).

It does matter, but look, you can't subtract Welker and Hernandez and Gronk from his arsenal and expect that it's not going to have some short-term impact. Taking Amendola -- his new Welker -- out, exacerbates it. The TEs were his game for the past few years, and they're just... gone right now.

He can make a lot of players look good, but you usually need someone the defense has to respect to draw coverage away and create favorable opportunities. Right now all of the guys he has are too new, too young or too unreliable (see: Edelman, who can take over a game but also can get very lazy in his routes and doesn't possess super-glue hands).

My expectations are irrelevant. I am not the one who made the claim that "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Brady can make them good".

That claim has been made, repeatedly, by the media this offseason, and, maintained by many others.

Those making the claim bear the responsiblity to back it up. The passage of time, and the realization that "yeah, it does matter". has made that claim look foolish, and thereby, the people who made it as well.

It's is as simple as that. Whatever Brady is, he is dependent on his skill players. He never was, and never will be, able to transcend that dependence.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

All this talk of blaming his young/inexperience/crappy receivers for Brady's struggles also misses the point that Brady himself seems to be missing open guys that he normally should be hitting. Not all of it looks like "wrong routes" or "miscommunications" to me. He has just missed some of these guys, so in my view at least, shoulders a good bit of the blame for his slow start. Personally, I can't wait until they play a decent team and get hammered. If the news on Amendola this morning (torn abductor muscle, requiring surgery that will put him out several weeks at least) is correct, then that should happen the next few weeks against NO and Atlanta....

PS You are an idiot. I have no idea what's up your @ss, all I have said is that WHINER Tom Brady is finally being outed for the crybaby he is

I would say the idiots are the people who still can't get past the fact that Brady is a great QB no matter who he throws to or who he yells at during a game, and who think some crappy web article makes any difference in the world when the guy has owned the Bills his entire career.

And yeah, Go Pats. :doh:

My expectations are irrelevant. I am not the one who made the claim that "It doesn't matter who is playing WR, because Brady can make them good".

That claim has been made, repeatedly, by the media this offseason, and, maintained by many others.

Those making the claim bear the responsiblity to back it up. The passage of time, and the realization that "yeah, it does matter". has made that claim look foolish, and thereby, the people who made it as well.

It's is as simple as that. Whatever Brady is, he is dependent on his skill players. He never was, and never will be, able to transcend that dependence.

No doubt. Team game. I think you can argue that he makes his teammates better, which is all you can ask of a QB. I hope, expect, and so far, see the same from Manuel.

No doubt. Team game. I think you can argue that he makes his teammates better, which is all you can ask of a QB. I hope, expect, and so far, see the same from Manuel.

1. Reasonable:

"Brady can make his teammates better." (I have 0 issue with this, because not only it is true, it may happen, with SOME of their players, even this year.)

2. Flat out arrogant, and disrespectful, and worst of all, illogical:

"It doesn't matter who is playing WR, Brady makes them good".

And, while we are at it, let's play out the rest of their argument: "Therefore, the Bills have no chance, and let's just hand the AFC East to the Pats right now. I'm taking Tom Brady"..."[no matter what the Bills have done to improve their team, which I have no clue about anyway, and, I am freely ignoring the Pats skill position losses, because my 'analysis'....isn't]".

Guess which one we've been hearing the media say? Guess which one the parrots say?

That's right: #2

It's just fun to see emoting fools, like these media clowns, get served by logic. Always brings a smile to my face.

Hyperbole is hyperbole, and parrots are parrots. Logic, and those who know how to deploy it, are the mortal enemies of both.