Ndamukong Suh fined $100K for illegal block

papazoid

This guy makes me sick. He's out there trying to injure people in a game that has far too many injuries as it is. First he stomps a guy's face with his spikes and now he launches his helmet into a guy's legs when the guy already had no chance to make the play. Bam him- get this menace off the field before he cripples someone.

This guy makes me sick. He's out there trying to injure people in a game that has far too many injuries as it is. First he stomps a guy's face with his spikes and now he launches his helmet into a guy's legs when the guy already had no chance to make the play. Bam him- get this menace off the field before he cripples someone.

Can you get concussions from people stomping on your head?

They why isn't NFLPA attempting to get money out of Suh?

He has plenty of money to sue for and that is their primary motive not safety.

I will never for the life of me figure out why a guy this talented feels the need to play so dirty. He is the Romo of this generation.

NFL careers are long and winding and usually put you on a few teams during their courses. He is going to be reviled by fellow players for this kind of stuff, and if I were his teammate, I definitely wouldn't respect him.

I feel the complete opposite.

While he takes things too far sometimes, he's the exact nasty type of player I would want on my defense.

The type of player that offenses look at and actually say "crap" when they see they're next up on the schedule.

Pretty soon he'll be the type of player that offenses look at and say, "thank goodness he's suspended and we don't have to face him."

The guy has put a target on his own back and you can bet that both the NFL and the players don't mind taking aim. He's a dirtbag. There's a difference between making hard hits and needlessly jeopardizing other men's livelihoods and physical well-being. There is no excuse for going low on that block. None. He cost his team 6 points, himself another $100,000, and his reputation as a person, whatever was left of it.

Not enough. He should have missed a game or two. That would have been real money and maybe would send a message he would finally understand.

Playing devil's advocate... Yeah fines!

The NFL loves it... They are getting money back. Dick Butkus and others wouldn't last a minute in this league!

the money they get 'back' goes to charity

The $100K is of very little impact to Suh. He knows it. The league knows it. And more importantly - his team knows it. This is just groundwork being laid for a lengthy vacation. He's hurting his team; not himself.

And I don't believe there is any place in professional sports for this type of "athlete," personally.

The $100K is of very little impact to Suh. He knows it. The league knows it. And more importantly - his team knows it. This is just groundwork being laid for a lengthy vacation. He's hurting his team; not himself.

The next time something like this happens, and I will bet anyone $100 that it WILL happen again sometime during his career, he ought to get a season off. If he doesn't, the league is just giving a tacit nod to this kind of behavior to protect the image of a tough game.

The next time something like this happens, and I will bet anyone $100 that it WILL happen again sometime during his career, he ought to get a season off. If he doesn't, the league is just giving a tacit nod to this kind of behavior to protect the image of a tough game.

I like the word, "tacit," and I agree 100%.