Loser mentality (read option not impressive)

WIDE LEFT

Did someone offer free tickets to the OP of the worst thread today? Cause there have been some doozies.

So the OP's statement is that the read option is rendered ineffective if the QB never runs the ball. It's what makes the read option offense so effective (for the rest of teams that run it), that, is the additional threat of the QB running with the ball. If EJ never takes off with the ball, our read option will be ineffective, as it certainly was in today's game. But our genius here blathers on about free tickets and doozies, because he does not have an actual football take as to how you can run a read option offense but never, not one time, actually have your QB run the ball. A number of third and short opportunities were missed today, first downs that could have been picked up by our big and mobile QB.

So the OP's statement is that the read option is rendered ineffective if the QB never runs the ball. It's what makes the read option offense so effective (for the rest of teams that run it), that, is the additional threat of the QB running with the ball. If EJ never takes off with the ball, our read option will be ineffective, as it certainly was in today's game. But our genius here blathers on about free tickets and doozies, because he does not have an actual football take as to how you can run a read option offense but never, not one time, actually have your QB run the ball. A number of third and short opportunities were missed today, first downs that could have been picked up by our big and mobile QB.

I'm kind of surprised more people here did not pick upon this...But like it or not the OP is technically correct...Especially when you have a Defense that clearly was not going to let Spiller beat them...

I'm uncertain whether or not I want EJ running the read option...But I know for certain if they do not plan on running EJ some the look is going to prove to be ineffective because teams understand what Spiller can do...And from here on out, until the Bills prove they can beat Defenses in other ways, Spiller is going to be the guy every Defensive Coordinator is going to look to neutralize...It's really that simple...So if you're going to show the read option look, then EJ HAS to carry the ball a bit...If not, scrap it... B-)