I'm afraid Chan was right about Spiller

FireChan

I think Chan might've been on to something about C.J. He hasn't looked good in his games last year as an "every down" back, and he looked pretty rough today. Maybe he was utilized best backing up Freddy and being the second punch to break the opposing defense.

Did Marrone buy into the hype a little too much? He barely used Fred when the guy was tearing it up. Basically a reverse Chan.

Fred was winded.

Yeah the doom is so last 13 seasons. Grow up u trolls we almost won today.

yeah surprised by all the negativity, it's the first game people and we almost beat a team that trashes us routinely.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man can't understand all the CJ haters. Yes he had a bad game, and he may not be an all the time primary workhorse back, but his great explosive plays are going to surface again this year. He looked tentative today hitting the holes like he did in his first 2 seasons.

I agree that AP is the best back in the league, but hello AP's first carry today was for a 78 yard TD. Great. After that he had 17 carries for a total of 15 yards. So really add him to the feature backs that really didn't have very good days today.

You need to understand both sides of the camp. You see, this entire offseason, we heard the "once in a decade back" and "this kid is special" and "2000 yard season." CJ looked great last year in Chan's scheme and with Fred doing some dirty work to keep the defense honest. Then he had this turd of a game. Spiller may have another good season, I just don't think giving him 30 carries a game is the way to bring it out. I still may be wrong. I'm not counting the kid out yet, but Chan may have been right on the money with using him last season. If CJ ran for 200 yards and 3 TD's next week, I'd love it, and gladly eat crow. It's just a discussion, I don't have a pitchfork out.

Call a person a troll or people in general trolls is not an argument.

It's what ruins forums tho and limits intelligent discussion.

You may as well just say that you're right and everyone else is wrong and that that's the end of the debate. That would at least make more sense.

Troll: An overused term by people that have nothing to contribute.

Yes because this is topic is even worth discussion

Where is my rolling eyes emoticon

A break? All you experts on here calling him a great back. Please. Great backs do something...anything really. He did nothing today. Fred looked really good and CJ looked like crap. His 6 ypc average last year was a scheme result and you will see that through this year.

holy moly a Spiller hater? wow just wow

your doing it wrong. CJ is gonna have a monster year

Somebody on here called CJ a "once in a decade back". He is flop waiting to happen, as is TJ Graham and Marquis Goodwin. Too bad we don't have another TE to pair with Chandler.

noted "he is flop waiting to happen"

Chandler with a terrible drop today also.

Gonna have to chime in here. One thing Gailey did do very well was find ways to get CJ the ball in space so he can do something. Every play I saw was CJ trying to power his way through a bunch of defenders. That's not CJ's game. He is fast and elusive but he is not going bust through a wall of defenders.

Edited by Rockinon

and forget all the big runs Cj made last year? short memory

Cj had 100 yards at halftime of games last year.... IMO you anti spiller guys are straight loopy.

As an every down back. As an every down back. As an every down back. As an every down back.

Do you get it yet?

Once again FJ proves he is the heart of the O. Get him rolling and good things happen. Thats when you add a sprinkling of CJ. CJ is only good in space.

I 1000% guarantee you weren't saying that last hear when FJ was struggling and fumbling and CJ was exploding

As an every down back. As an every down back. As an every down back. As an every down back.

Do you get it yet?

ummmmmm ummmmmmm see buffalo bills last year when Fred was hurt and CJ was crushing 140 yards vs titans iirc among other 100 plus yard games.

As an every down back..........thank you come again.

i see your very irritated so ill stop discussing with you.....sit spiller though is the cause got it. good luck with that.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

the fins game where he ran for 90 yards and had 40 yards recieving?

or the one where he ran for 138 yards?

/end of convo.

Spillers gonna crush this year enjoy your week to trash him though.

Don't forget KC, 15 carries for 123 yards, 3 receptions for 47. Freddy was out that game too.

15 carries. That's exactly my point. Hackett isn't playing to his strengths, he's not an every down, conventional, up the middle, back.

Tashard Choice was used a lot in those games, I remember everyone yelling about it.

Edited by FireChan

Yes Spiller was great last year and no I dont agree with the OP's view, however today's fumble was absolutely inexcusable as fumbles go. He basically dropped the ball trying to shift hands, no hit or strip or anything. Set the table for the deadliest QB in history to kill us again. He should have been benched for that to wake his butt up.

Like a few posters, I thought that FJ had the hot hand and should have been in there at the end. CJ will be fine, today wasn't his day, it happens. The Bills need to clean up the penalties, turnovers and EJ needs to be a little more accurate and the Bills will be right in the mix for the division.

As for Marrone, the challenge was bizarre, not riding FJ late, the punt while in NE territory, the go for broke pass play on 3rd and two ( Chanesque IMO) and running up tempo with 5 minutes left in a close game with a rookie QB are debatable approaches with the Pats on the ropes in a season opener at home.

Overall, I feel like I usually do after a Pats loss but I think brighter days are ahead. Go Bills.