One week till opening day and zero NFL snaps at QB on the roster

Stop whining, seriously. Do you think it's easy to completely redo a friggin NFL franchise? It takes time. And getting your QB early in that rebuild is a bad idea, unless the absolute perfect one is there, because they'll get destroyed behind a porous o-line and not have much talent at the skilled positions to work with. They'd be shell shocked before week 8. Look at how bad the Raiders consistently are, and how their QB's do. They get crushed every play unless they hand off to McFadden. Buddy and co. did a pretty good job, imo.

Is 13 years including 3+ with Nix isn't enough to "redo" a franchise? We just cut his 2010 #2 pick, he's sucked as GM he hit on very few starters of any quality. Maybe 2 in all honesty. Why do people defend him? Look at the trash high priced free agents he signed Merriman, Green, Anderson. he was and always will be considered a glorified scout. haven't heard a peep from him since he took his "reduced role" with the team. That is a good thing. Edited by Best Player Available

I think Grossman sucks, but having a guy who has appeared in the Super Bowl, even as your #3, is pretty far off from this (I think). And Rex had also started for this same team, so he had experience with the team and staff.

Whomever the Bills pick up will be fresh to this team.

And if rg3 tore the ACL week 1 I'd guess grossman not cousins would've been first off the bench last year. The odds of 1 nfl ready week one starter are so-so... The odds of two?!? Yeeesh.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I find this disconcerting.

I vote Batch for #3, clipboard, extra coach on the field and a good presence on the team. I don't care if he never sees a down - in fact, I prefer it. But this is pretty awful looking right now - even moreso than if they had held onto Leinart.

I think there are two other former Steeler QBs Dennis Dixon and Bryan Leftwich still available and would be better than Batch.

This is an interesting way to look at it, but I think we'll be alright. Seems as though they have confidence that EJ will be alright.

I wouldn't say we'll be alright. But I wouldn't say we're worse off than we have been in the last decade.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I find this disconcerting.

I vote Batch for #3, clipboard, extra coach on the field and a good presence on the team. I don't care if he never sees a down - in fact, I prefer it. But this is pretty awful looking right now - even moreso than if they had held onto Leinart.

I find this ridiculously disconcerting. Coach Marrone and company have totally botched the QB situation. Keeping Kolb who is notoriously injury riddled and cutting Tarvaris in April is a total head scratcher. Has backfired completely. If EJ can't start and we do indeed start Tuel Time, it won't be like the second half vs the Colts 4th string D. I suspect the Patsies will blitz the peejeebers out of Tuel Time and it will get ugly. I hope I'm wrong. He had one good 1/2 vs the 4th team D on a team that looked like they didn't even practice for the game. Then a meager performance followed by an out and out suck fest.

I don't want a new QB that hold a clip board. I want one that PLAY. I'd go with Clausen or Quinn over Tuel Time. Niiether is a great choice, but that's what happens when you totally miscalculate your QB situation.

And if he isn't, or gets hurt, this looks like Tank Nation.

I know they say it was a minor procedure, but to me at this point EJ's health is questionable. We need a backup who can play. We aren't really thinking of going with Tuel Time and then pulling someone off the waiver wire if EJ gets hurt again I hope. Not to mention that Tuel Time was injury riddled at Wazoo.

Ex College head coach mentality. Start the freshman.

This is what it's starting to look like to me. A youth movement on steroids. When was the last time a coach went the youth movement route and was able to turn it around before he got canned? Jimmie Johnson in Dallas?

I like the idea of Dennis Dixon.

What has Dennis Dixon EVER done in the NFL to make you think he could help us in any way to win a game should he get in?

last year with the Redskins wasn't far off.

Last year with the Redskins was WAY off. They had a extremely talented 1st stringer and a 4th round guy who had success at a football factory. Not a UFDA who's team went 4-22 in games he started and threw 8 TDs and 8 Ints in his senior season. The ONLY similarity is that they were both rookies. That's it.

I hope EJ can play 9/8. Even if he is, we should sign another backup. Of all the ones available I'd go with in order of preference: Vince Young, Clausen, Carr, Tebow, Quinn, Wallace.

Edited by reddogblitz