Thoughts on opening day

billsgpr88

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the injuries at key positions, I suspect we'll lose, and lose badly.

IF EJ, Gilmore and Byrd were healthy and at full speed, I'd expect the Bills to at least be competitive, if not get the win.

Edited by Dorkington

Key to the game: Belichick knows the Bills D will be bringing pressure from all angles and with exotic looks in order to mask their weakness in the secondary. So the Pats will be concentrating on Brady getting the ball out fast, beating the blitz. This is where the game will be won or lost. Can the bills D-line (their strength) create enough havoc or will Brady slice us up as usual.

Key to the game: Belichick knows the Bills D will be bringing pressure from all angles and with exotic looks in order to mask their weakness in the secondary. So the Pats will be concentrating on Brady getting the ball out fast, beating the blitz. This is where the game will be won or lost. Can the bills D-line (their strength) create enough havoc or will Brady slice us up as usual.

It'll be *very* important for our front seven to have active hands in hopes of swatting the ball down, too.

I am thinking Pats 48 bills 0 - at half time...

This is what I'm talking about; you don't think this attitude haunts the franchise and lingers in the minds of the players and coaches? OT1960, I know the bills have a depressing history of underachieving and last second collapses but the anticipation of its perpetuation is toxic. I don't give a ish, I BILLIEVE that come next sunday, the bills got a chance. If Brady's gets knocked around a bit, he'll lose his rhythm and the rest of the pats O will follow. That being said, we NEED another corner before the season starts

Vegas seems to echo the growing pessimism the last couple weeks. Line was 7-7.5 (I kinda liked us with those points before the EJ/Gillmore injuries) now it's 10.5.

Another pee in cheerios thought - how impressive were the 1st two games really? Sure our defense kicked around Matt Cassell, but we've done that the previous two reg. seasons too. Didn't mean we had a good defense.

And the Indy game - really it was a kickoff return & a 2minute drive against backups before a nice 2nd half by Tuel.

I agree, but the hoody and Brady know how to pick on "weaknesses" and with our "shaky" (to be nice about it) secondary who outside of the guy who will be in street clothes the next 5-7 weeks, not 1 corner can cover a straight man to man in a bump and run. Thats the way to beat Pats. You get very physical with their WR's off line to disrupt their routes and hopefully DL and blitzers can get pressure. I'd rather get beat on throws down field that quick slant for 11, then with CB giving guy 10 yards at LOS and hitting hot read for another 10 cuz Brady reads blitz and just dumps off and leads those 12-14 play drives that eat up half a quarter.

Somehow someway, WE MUST FIX SECONDARY!! There HAS to be enough good players getting cut to sign at least 1-2 guys from cuts. The easiest position to catch on to in this D is CB. Especially if we plan on blitzing so much which leads to a lot more strict man to man. Any CB has been doing all his life. Much easier than picking up a DL or LB or even a safety who all have alot more to know scheme wise and so on.

Hopefully a few decent ones get cut cuz after seeing our depth at CB and using that term VERY lightly.. We are gonna have a tough time when teams line up with just 2 WR on field, let alone when they spread us out, and bring in 4-5 wide... Its a scary thought thought having Mclovin as #1 even more so whats behind him... Outside of him, i dont think any of our other CB's could even hold a ROSTER spot on alot of teams let alone START! And thats not praise for Mclovin.. who would likely be a 3rd or 4th and returner on most teams in league as well!

I think we have too many injuries and too little talent to beat the Pats.

But I'm excited anyway. New GM, HC, OC, DC and QB. It reminds me of the excitement at the very beginning of the Levy/Kelly era. We knew we didn't have all the pieces yet but it felt like we were on our way.

Fast paced offense or not, if we cannot sustain drives we cannot beat Tom Brady plain and simple. A big portion of that last win was sustained drives, getting our RB's in space to keep drives alive. Our screen game was the reason we where able to be successful. We don't have the OL to pound the rock every play and keep moving the chains. This fast paced offense will be boom or bust again NE. I hope Marrone realizes the best way to beat Brady is to not allow him to take the field

The offense will be completely unable to move the ball absent maybe a long run or two by spiller. The Defense will be completely unable to stop Brady.

There's absolutely no way we're within 3 scores, and I think it will probably be more like 5 scores by the end. Welcome to Buffalo, Doug.

Vegas seems to echo the growing pessimism the last couple weeks. Line was 7-7.5 (I kinda liked us with those points before the EJ/Gillmore injuries) now it's 10.5.

Another pee in cheerios thought - how impressive were the 1st two games really? Sure our defense kicked around Matt Cassell, but we've done that the previous two reg. seasons too. Didn't mean we had a good defense.

And the Indy game - really it was a kickoff return & a 2minute drive against backups before a nice 2nd half by Tuel.

All reasonable points. I'm clinging to the hope we haven't really opened up the playbook or gameplanned. To me, the impressive part of the first two games (and particularly Indy) was the crispness in execution. They weren't perfect, but they looked like a professional football team.

we need to know Marrones mindset to know what he wanted the Bills to achieve in these past 2 days.

Some coached WANT to win every preseason game other want to go through the motions and try odd stuff out like blitz nearly every down. There are no game plans normally jsu some schemes thay want to work with.

And who knows in some crazy way it may just be brain games in preperation for the Putridz.