who are best teams in AFC?

Pete

IMO the NFC is far superior, and the AFC is wide open. I predict some newcomers in the AFC playoffs. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy are my surprise picks. Pitt, San Diego, Baltimore, NE- they are all on downside IMO. It should be ripe for newcomers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos and Pats are still the class of the AFC and yes the NFC is far superior in terms of overall talent.

I would include Texans. But am not sold on NE. Welker and Hernandez are big losses. And the Giants wrote the book on how to beat NE. The Bills D was designed with that in mind

Metz's AFC Power Rankings:

1. Broncos

2. Bengals

3. Patriots

4. Texans

5. Ravens

6. Colts

Same 6 playoff teams as last year. After that, it's wide open. Dolphins, Steelers, Chiefs? The Bills could just as easily be the 7th best team in the AFC and fight for the last playoff spot.

The Bengals are the most complete team in the AFC IMO.

I think Broncos are more complete but would not be shocked if the Bengals prove me wrong.

I would include Texans. But am not sold on NE. Welker and Hernandez are big losses. And the Giants wrote the book on how to beat NE. The Bills D was designed with that in mind

The Texans will go as far as Foster takes them, I am worried about him staying healthy with the workload he has had the last few years.

I hope everyone on this board that is predicting the Pats demise and the rise of our defense are correct. I have been overly optimistic the last few years and don't want to get my hopes up to only have them crushed.

I honestly think the AFC is full of mediocre teams. Houston is the only team that I believe, with any degree of certainty, is a sure-thing division winner.

Just going down the divisions, I'll pick who I think will finish 1-2, in no particular order.

East: Buffalo, NE

North: Baltimore, Cincy

South: Houston, Indy

West: San Diego, Denver

I think the wheels come off in Denver because they have a 37-year-old QB, a depleted D and very little depth. I know, it's Manning ... but he's still pushing 40 and this is still the NFL.

Homer alert: I really like Buffalo's chances to actually win the East this year. New England is faced with a less than 100% Brady with two of his three of his favorite targets gone and the third one injured.

The North looks like a tough division, but as I said earlier, I think Houston is the only gimme. I like Indy's chances, but Luck could suffer a sophomore slump, who knows (I doubt that, by the way, but it's a possibility)? Cleveland could be a sleeper. I like Weeden, even though he's in his early 50s. If his receivers can catch the ball this year, they could be good.

Baltimore's D is a question mark and Flacco ... well, Flacco is just another Fitz with better luck. Cincy, like our Bills, is headed in the right direction.

All in all, the NFC is clearly the superior conference. There are probably 4-5 NFC teams that are better than the AFC's best team (Houston???).

Gonna be a VERY interesting season.

Go Bills!!

I honestly think the AFC is full of mediocre teams. Houston is the only team that I believe, with any degree of certainty, is a sure-thing division winner.

Just going down the divisions, I'll pick who I think will finish 1-2, in no particular order.

East: Buffalo, NE

North: Baltimore, Cincy

South: Houston, Indy

West: San Diego, Denver

I think the wheels come off in Denver because they have a 37-year-old QB, a depleted D and very little depth. I know, it's Manning ... but he's still pushing 40 and this is still the NFL.

Homer alert: I really like Buffalo's chances to actually win the East this year. New England is faced with a less than 100% Brady with two of his three of his favorite targets gone and the third one injured.

The North looks like a tough division, but as I said earlier, I think Houston is the only gimme. I like Indy's chances, but Luck could suffer a sophomore slump, who knows (I doubt that, by the way, but it's a possibility)? Cleveland could be a sleeper. I like Weeden, even though he's in his early 50s. If his receivers can catch the ball this year, they could be good.

Baltimore's D is a question mark and Flacco ... well, Flacco is just another Fitz with better luck. Cincy, like our Bills, is headed in the right direction.

All in all, the NFC is clearly the superior conference. There are probably 4-5 NFC teams that are better than the AFC's best team (Houston???).

Gonna be a VERY interesting season.

Go Bills!!

I agree for the most part with your 1/2's but San Diego is going to be God awful this year.

I agree for the most part with your 1/2's but San Diego is going to be God awful this year.

I have no idea what it is, but every year, I think they're going to be great. I can't explain it for the life of me.

Denver --- SF

Baltimore --- GB

Houston --- Seattle

Indy --- Atlanta

NE --- Minny

Pittsburgh --- Chicago

Cincy --- Washington

Buff --- NYG

SD --- New Orleans

Miami --- Tampa

NYJ --- Dallas

Cleveland --- Detroit

Tennessee --- St Louis

KC --- Carolina

Jax --- Arizona

Oakland --- Philly

All in all its pretty much a wash.

yes I projected Bufflao 9-7

I think the wheels come off in Denver because they have a 37-year-old QB, a depleted D and very little depth. I know, it's Manning ... but he's still pushing 40 and this is still the NFL

When did Manning have a Defense in Indy?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think Broncos are more complete but would not be shocked if the Bengals prove me wrong.The Texans will go as far as Foster takes them, I am worried about him staying healthy with the workload he has had the last few years.I hope everyone on this board that is predicting the Pats demise and the rise of our defense are correct. I have been overly optimistic the last few years and don't want to get my hopes up to only have them crushed.

The Broncos' defense will be nowhere near what it was last season without the ever present pass rush duo of Miller and Dumervil.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I have no idea what it is, but every year, I think they're going to be great. I can't explain it for the life of me.

This is the year the wheels come off completely. The only way they are competitive is if Rivers regains his confidence, Mathews stays healthy and the defense steps it up several notches.

When did Manning have a Defense in Indy?

He didn't. But he was also young and had a better offense than he has in Denver. Like I said, it's just a hunch. It's a very unpopular hunch (just like my hunch that Bob Griffin is going to be an average QB).

IMO the NFC is far superior, and the AFC is wide open. I predict some newcomers in the AFC playoffs. Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy are my surprise picks. Pitt, San Diego, Baltimore, NE- they are all on downside IMO. It should be ripe for newcomers

Cincy can't be a surprise pick when they have been to the playoffs two years in a row and most people are selecting them to win the division.

The Broncos' defense will be no where near what it was last season without the ever present pass rush duo of Miller and Dumervil.

yea but theyll be rolling down the stretch with a healthy and rested miller.... which isnt terrible for a team that doesnt have a particularly tough division

The Bengals are the most complete team in the AFC IMO.

they have the team, now its a matter of how far you can get on daltons arm. if they dont make noise in the playoffs theyll be letting him play into the final year of it without extension presumably...

yea but theyll be rolling down the stretch with a healthy and rested miller.... which isnt terrible for a team that doesnt have a particularly tough division

They better hope like hell Shaun Phillips can be effective to help Miller. BTW, do not underestimate KC in the AFCW.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz