Four Preseason Stats

Astrobot

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro13m

#Bills number one CB in preseason according to PFF Premium Stats: Crezdon Butler, who is fourth overall in #NFL. Gilmore tied for 13th.

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro11m

PFF: Tied for #NFL number 2 TE in run blocking is #Bills Chris Gragg, their 7th RD draft pick. #DraftTek #BillsMafia http://bit.ly/1d2YSUn

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro6m

PFF Signature Stats: #Bills QB Jeff Tuel is #1 in #NFL in preseason QBRating, EJ Manuel is 4th, with Brees and Yates in between #BillsMafia

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro3m

#Bills Marcus Easley second to Charles Hawkins in preseason Rec Yds with 140 yards in 2 games: 10 targets, 10 receptions #BillsMafia

Adding More to Twitter:

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro

6s

#Bills Manny Lawson is tied for #1 among #NFL 3-4 OLBs in Pass Coverage, according to PFF Signature Stats: http://bit.ly/16HLLWa

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro

6s

#Bills Jerry Hughes is tied 2nd among #NFL 3-4 OLBs in pass rushing (PFF Signature Stats http://bit.ly/16HLLWa ). Kerrigan=#1 #BillsMafia

Edited by Astrobot

while these stats are only through 2 preseason games, they are something to get excited about (if you don't mind billieving a bit and being a bit hopeful). this may be indicative of the systems the new coaching staff are trying to employ as well as getting the most out of these players by getting them to buy into said systems and the concept of "team". i really like what i have been seeing from the preseason and am looking forward to how it carries over into the regular reason.

so astro - which do you think keep up through the regular season, and which are just quirks of the preseason?

id guess gilmore stays high on the list. lawson may as well (especially if he doesnt have to face gronk week one). the rest i dont foresee holding up once the real bullets fly though.

1. I had no clue who Marrone was when he was hired, but I like what I've seen since.

2. I think the defense will prove to be far more improved than the offense and the key to a better season.

3. A big reason why I think #2 is true is that the offense has sputtered early in the two preseason games against the starters on defense, with both EJ and Kolb, even though those defenses have been pretty vanilla. EJ has looked good, but it would have been nice for him to have had the time in game 3 to play against the starting defense for an extended time. Being thrown in on Week 1 of the regular season with only 2 series against starters is a scary proposition.

4. It would have been nice to see EJ at least make one attempt downfield before the season starts. Dinks and Dunks will not cut it against most starting defenses, particularly if the offense has no credible deep threat. With Goodwin on the team, the Bills can stretch the field as long as the QB is capable of going deep. Maybe EJ can do it in real game conditions, but we simply don't know.

I have been and will continue to pull for Marcus Easley, just like I did for Stevie before 2010. I have a feeling he's going to put up Eric moulds numbers if he sticks around.

i'm also an easley honk. seems like he's a good kid who has had his fair share of obstacles to overcome and i'd like to see his hard work pay off. he looks like a big, fast, physical reciever. and if he does pan out then it would just feel like the karma stars are starting to line up a bit. and on a similar note, if troupe works out and moates finds a home...

1. I had no clue who Marrone was when he was hired, but I like what I've seen since.

2. I think the defense will prove to be far more improved than the offense and the key to a better season.

3. A big reason why I think #2 is true is that the offense has sputtered early in the two preseason games against the starters on defense, with both EJ and Kolb, even though those defenses have been pretty vanilla. EJ has looked good, but it would have been nice for him to have had the time in game 3 to play against the starting defense for an extended time. Being thrown in on Week 1 of the regular season with only 2 series against starters is a scary proposition.

4. It would have been nice to see EJ at least make one attempt downfield before the season starts. Dinks and Dunks will not cut it against most starting defenses, particularly if the offense has no credible deep threat. With Goodwin on the team, the Bills can stretch the field as long as the QB is capable of going deep. Maybe EJ can do it in real game conditions, but we simply don't know.

However, EJ led all drafted QBs in Yards Per Attempt in college, so we know he has it in him. He's currently 4th in the NFL in that department, and Drew Brees and Tuel are above him. I forget the other.

Early in their careers, both Brady and Rothelisberger were game managers making the short throws necessary to get the first downs and let their defense and special teams do the talking. We don't need EJ ot throw the ball like Cam Newton did. The key is for EJ to not make any critical mental mistakes and throw away winnable games.

Early in their careers, both Brady and Rothelisberger were game managers making the short throws necessary to get the first downs and let their defense and special teams do the talking. We don't need EJ ot throw the ball like Cam Newton did. The key is for EJ to not make any critical mental mistakes and throw away winnable games.

Completely agree. We know he can chuck it, but to win games, you HAVE to manage the offense and not turn the ball over. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers and let them make plays.

BTW, thanks Astro for all you've done during camp. It's been amazing!!

Lovely. :)

Hopefully it translates to the regular season!

How well the Bills do this year is more about the defense than the offense. If the defense can play at the same level in the regular season we will contend for the division.

PTR