Positional Needs For August

Astrobot

I have to submit our mid-Preseason Positional Needs to DraftTek for the upcoming mock.

P1=Single Most Important Need (you don't have to have a P1 if you have equal multiple needs)

then P2, P3, P4, P6, and P9=No need

DraftTek's computer then does the drafting off our Big Board, never "reaching" for a player at a given position. Analysts from each team then comment on the computer's pick.

Do we have a single P1 Need? LG? CB? TE? RT? OLB? FS? SS?

Do we set our RB Need at P9?

Is TE a P3, P4, or P6?

Thanks for the feedback. TBD is the only chat board I ask!

Astro

This is projecting for next years draft, not our 53 man this year, correct?

If so, for example, no way RB is p9 with a 33 year old Fred Jackson

Yep.

I agree. I like Gaskins, Choice, and ZBrown, but none of them is going to pick up the slack. So maybe P3?

Yep.

I agree. I like Gaskins, Choice, and ZBrown, but none of them is going to pick up the slack. So maybe P3?

Until we see how rookies work out, or don't its tough but it seems obvious holes are essentially

any and all OL positions unless wood signs - then you could cross off center- especially with Cordy having versatility if we get a shot at tackle instead of guard we could go either way

TE is a definite need,

cb is another

RB

Lots of maybes possible with wr2, safety, LB... Really depends how things shake out.

Here's my initial take, without much thought. I don't know, for instance how long if left on our players' contracts

P2 = CB, OG

P3 = RB, S, C

P4 = RB, OT, TE

P6 = LB Edit: I agree with our post after mine. LB = P4

P9 = QB :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt in KC

I feel very comfortable with WR, but very uncomfortable right now with S...I'd have FS at P2, SS at P3.

I like Kiko's performance so far, but OLB? Maybe P4

Here's my initial take, without much thought. I don't know, for instance how long if left on our players' contracts

P2 = CB, OG

P3 = RB, S, C

P4 = RB, OT, TE

P6 = LB

Looks pretty good to me. Split the safeties...FS at P2, SS at P3?

Also think that we are more likely to draft OT than OG, but what if you have a "chance" at another Warmack?

Cornerback and offensive guard will be their main needs if they drafted this week. But by next year we don't know if someone get a career ending injury or who becomes free agents that they can't re sign. They only have one NFL caliber corner on the team so that would be their main concern. Then losing Levitre opened up another glaring hole on the offensive line.

I feel very comfortable with WR, but very uncomfortable right now with S...I'd have FS at P2, SS at P3.

I like Kiko's performance so far, but OLB? Maybe P4

Looks pretty good to me. Split the safeties...FS at P2, SS at P3?

Also think that we are more likely to draft OT than OG, but what if you have a "chance" at another Warmack?

Yeah, i'm not sure where we'll land w Byrd and the safety situation. OG is the biggest need, though I don't know that that means picking one first. The earlier the pick, the more i think we should consider an OT; later in round = guard.

Cornerback and offensive guard will be their main needs if they drafted this week. But by next year we don't know if someone get a career ending injury or who becomes free agents that they can't re sign. They only have one NFL caliber corner on the team so that would be their main concern. Then losing Levitre opened up another glaring hole on the offensive line.

I'd put CB and OG at P2, although again I wouldn't be opposed to have CB be P1.

I have to submit our mid-Preseason Positional Needs to DraftTek for the upcoming mock.

P1=Single Most Important Need (you don't have to have a P1 if you have equal multiple needs)

DraftTek's computer then does the drafting off our Big Board, never "reaching" for a player at a given position. Analysts from each team then comment on the computer's pick.

Is TE a P3, P4, or P6?

Astro

a healthy QB :D

CB, Guard, RT OLB, we should really draft another QB cuz ya never know how a guy turns out. I sent you a message on Blake Bortles, what do you think of him?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

P2 = CB, OG

P3 = RB, S, C

P4 = RB, OT, TE

P6 = LB Edit: I agree with our post after mine. LB = P4

I don't think there is a P1

Unlike in years past there isn't a glaring whole but every position could be improved with competition with special focus on the O-line.

P2 = CB, OG, OT, TE

P3 = S, C, OLB

P4 = QB, RB

Is TE a P3, P4, or P6?

Astro

If I am understanding your post.....im assuming any starters who are free agents after the year are signed---a lost free agent affects draft needs and a signed free agent from another team that fills a need decreased the draft need.

QB--P7 still see them picking one in the 6th or 7th next year

RB/FB--P2 I see them drafting a RB in the 2nd-4th next year given Jackson's age

WR--If everything pans out---P4---they will draft one somewhere in the draft

TE--potentially P2---I see them focusing on a TE with a 1st-4th round pick

OT--P3

G- P3

C--P8

im assuming a 4-3

DE-P6

DT-P9

ILB-P6

OLB P2

CB P2

S P4

In the first round I see them taking the best available player

Their biggest needs next years 1st-4th round picks would be: RB (not a 1st round pick), TE, OL (G or T **), OLB, and shut down CB. ***if the best player is an OT then they could just move Glenn to Guard.

Thanks for Your Great Input!!

A Summary of Your Bills Positional Needs:

In Round 1, Computer will take the highest-rated player on our Big Board (now at 250 prospects) listed in our P2 category

In Round 2, Computer changes the positional need of RD1 player to P9 (or another number if we say so) and takes highest-rated player at P2 (CB, RT, OG, FS )

In Round 3-7 Computer changes the positional need of RD2 player to P9 (or another number if we say so) and takes highest-rated player at P2 (CB, RT, OG, FS ), then P3 (RB, C, LT, OLB43, SS, TE)

P4--->P

P6--->QB, WR, DE43, ILB

P9--->DT and all other positions

Here is my input if it's not to late.

P2: OG, SS, FS

P3: CB, DT, DE

P4: RB, OT, ILB

P5: OLB

P6: TE

P7: WR

P8: QB

P9: K, P

OG & both S positions could easily become P1. It was bad losing Levitre, but most people forget that we lost Reinhardt too, which left a gaping hole at that position. If Byrd leaves for another team, then that'll be a tough loss. Searcy does not inspire much confidence at SS.

At the CB position, it's all about how McKelvin does. Depth looks good with Crezdon Butler stepping up more than Ron Brooks.

The D-Line could become a bigger issue than some realize. I have faith in Dareus, but if he has another setback, there could be a problem. Kyle Williams is not getting any younger, and Alex Carrington is a free agent.

RB, OT, ILB could all use more depth.

I do not see TE as that dire of a need. From some reports it sounds like Chandler is ready to go, and Smith & Gragg provide good depth. They all may not be all-pro's, but I feel confident with their play.

I'd put QB as P4, why?

"According to Walters football there were 29 quarterbacks selected in the top 16 of the NFL Draft since 1993..."

Hits: 13

Busts: 12

OK: 2

TBA: 2

So right now I think we can assume Manuel has a roughly 50/50 chance of succeeding or being a bust... with that assumption at this point I'd don't think the Bill's can say forsure that won't they don't need another QB,