Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

Got lots of press early, very little in the games so far. With WR's sitting out last night's game you'd think he would get more of an opportunity. My 100% speculation is that they are going to try to sneak him onto the practice squad so they're not giving him much of an opportunity in the games. Whatcha think, is this possible or does his practice play not warrant more game time? What do the folks who have watched some of the practices think?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no sneaking him anywhere. Teams are aware of his talent. He isn't a hidden gem, he's a troubled potential star.

I also don't think Rodgers would be thrilled by that and would likely want to find a team to play with the big boys.

There's no sneaking him anywhere. Teams are aware of his talent. He isn't a hidden gem, he's a troubled potential star.

Yeah, I know, there is no sneaking involved because of his background, but that's either what the team is trying to do, or he doesn't deserve the game reps.

Yeah, I know, there is no sneaking involved because of his background, but that's either what the team is trying to do, or he doesn't deserve the game reps.

I have never heard of that. Intentionally downplaying a player just to "sneak" into practice squad.

Practice squads are announced anyway. So as a coach/scout/manager/ you are aware of these things.

I have never heard of that. Intentionally downplaying a player just to "sneak" into practice squad.

Practice squads are announced anyway. So as a coach/scout/manager/ you are aware of these things.

Sneaking as in not giving him much game exposure (video for other teams).

This board has a lot of hype on UDFA Rogers. A guy some teams needing a WR passed over for camp fodder and Niners.

Could the Bills be doing this? Maybe. But if he was that good they wanted to hold on to him they would if they still see room for improving then PS males the .most sense. When we look at the next 4 years we seem set at WR. Its bard to believe they see so much in him they believe he is only PS material if they value him at all.

I don't see how they could possibly let Rogers be exposed by putting him on the PS. I'd guess they know what he can do and they'll put him on the 53 and put guys like Kaufmann and even Hogan on the PS, and if Da'Rick just doesn't seem to get it or fails a drug test they'll drop him to the PS or cut him and bring Hogan and Kaufmann up in his place. It's more likely Hogan and Kaufmann won't be stolen from our PS over Rogers, although both those guys are playing damn well.

I've since the draft fall suspected teams found major ongoing red flags like this but were still willing to take a flyer as a UDFA.

I'm glad we took the chance, and if it doesn't work out, oh well.... If it does, great. It's the risk you take when you pick up these guys.

i agree 100%.

I believe this kid can be a REALLY GOOD WR in this league. However, it will come at a cost of having a TO, or Ocho Cinco on your team. It's up to the coaches to decide if they think the team can handle that type of diva.

i agree 100%.

I believe this kid can be a REALLY GOOD WR in this league. However, it will come at a cost of having a TO, or Ocho Cinco on your team. It's up to the coaches to decide if they think the team can handle that type of diva.

And even bigger is if its at risk of suspension for drugs, or not prepping properly..... Those guys were distractions but both were also always very well prepared.

i agree 100%.

I just don't think Marrone and Co. will put up with a TO or OC type of diva. They'd cut him before that and reward players like Hogan, Kaufmann, Sampson, etc

Yeah of course I know he meant that, but it doesnt sound feasible, to me.

It is but it's a bit less likely for a guy that was a priority for half the league to attempt to sign. A small school guy, a guy that might've slid under the radar in the first place that is surprising you behind closed doors is a much better candidate for "maybe they won't notice him if we don't play him on tape a lot"

Edited by NoSaint

agreed here

Also, Easley is looking awesome, too. I'm a bit biased on him, since I went to UConn with him, but he has the potential to be a #1 WR in the NFL. And I'm not dumb enough to say I'm expecting that to happen, but he has all the tools.