Whaley is looking 2/2 in the trade department.

1B4IDie

The Rams-bills deal was just about to the T in terms of a draft pick value chart.

Rams are closer to the playoffs than buffalo is as of now. their missing piece was the speed receiver that Austin is. They accumilated aboatload of extra picks in the RG3 trade with Washington.

As for the other deal....it had more to do with different systems and team depth. With buffalo picking another ILB in the draft Sheppard was expendable. in indy hughes was viewed as expendable. Success in this league is so much based on systems and players who fit the systems they are playing in.

Are you out cho fuk&in mind? Did you watch either of the two preseason games?

Maybe the Rams and their fans think so, but I doubt it. I cant imagine anyone else thinking so. Dude ??!!

WSS...man if the Bills tank we are going to have to put you on 24 hr watch and keep sharp objects away from you

Hey hey, he's just being a fan, short for "fanatic" . Get on the bandwagon. It is moving slowly , but is beginning to trundle forward just a little... been a while since those wheels were moving at all....

The Rams-bills deal was just about to the T in terms of a draft pick value chart.

Rams are closer to the playoffs than buffalo is as of now. their missing piece was the speed receiver that Austin is. They accumilated aboatload of extra picks in the RG3 trade with Washington.

As for the other deal....it had more to do with different systems and team depth. With buffalo picking another ILB in the draft Sheppard was expendable. in indy hughes was viewed as expendable. Success in this league is so much based on systems and players who fit the systems they are playing in.

+1. Going to a blitz scheme made Sheppard expendable. We will give up some big plays this year for sure, but it will be the most fun defense to watch since LeBeau was here 10 years ago. I'll never forget when 3rd and 8's on defense were the most exciting plays of the game

The Kevin Kolb acquisition is proving dreadful. Whaley screwed the pooch big time there. Everyone else in the NFL apparently knew he was broken.....and not even very good before he became so pass rush averse that he couldn't function in the pocket. I've heard people say the team HAS to keep a veteran backup, but if the veteran is that sh*tty what's the point?

Yep. He may be going away. But in Whaley's defense, prior to the draft he had nothing at QB. and did not know for sure if he was going to get who he wanted in the draft. So let's not play Monday morning QB on this one the guy made a management decision to hedge in case the rookie QBs did not work out. Good management in my mind. $$ well spent.

Edited by 8and8Forever

The Kevin Kolb acquisition is proving dreadful. Whaley screwed the pooch big time there. Everyone else in the NFL apparently knew he was broken.....and not even very good before he became so pass rush averse that he couldn't function in the pocket. I've heard people say the team HAS to keep a veteran backup, but if the veteran is that sh*tty what's the point?

Easy now. They grabbed two QBs. They obviously weren't content with Kolb. He's insurance maybe always was. They couldn't bank on having a rookie QB ready to start game 1 in the nfl, especially from this class.

As we are all starting to see now, EJs scouting report citing a lack of polish and mental grasp of the game may have been way off base.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

...Kapernick took half a year to be playable....

Kaepernick was drafted in 2011. For some reason (not faulting you, as it seems to be widespread, including many media outlets), people like to think last year was his rookie year.

I am no Kolb supporter by any means. But to say he is dreadful is crazy. He had a bad half of football in his FIRST preseason of football on a new team! He was one of the more sought after Qb a little over a year ago. Give the guy a break.

After all that, I want EJ as our starter. I think he may be something special.

GO EJ!!!? GO BILLS!!!!

The Kevin Kolb acquisition is proving dreadful.

No it's not. You had to lock in something before the draft, because you didn't know how things would play out. If the right lineman or what have you had slipped, they may have had a different plan. Kolb's a guy that can be cut next year with little penalty. No big deal.

Edited by SPILLERmadeUmiss

"Dreadful" ??? He will prove to be what he was we traded for him, and what he always will be in the NFL, a good backup who will do in a pinch of the starter gets hurt. Every good teams needs a guy like Kolb.

Perhaps, I guess well never know.

However, he was the GM at the time of the trade. If he's gonna get flack for poor moves made as GM, he should get credit for good moves made as GM.

Reasonable positions like this have no place on the Wall. It is widely known and accepted that Buddy Nix has absolutely nothing to do with any success the Bills enjoy from this point forward.

I gotta' admit, I was expecting you guys to blame Buddy for signing Kolb. Truth is, all these moves were actually made under the watch of GM Buddy Nix and suggesting that Whaley had the chief say in them is utter, fact-free opinion.As for Kolb, when you sign the laughingstock of all starting QB's in the NFL and anoint him to the top of your depth chart AT ANY POINT, you kinda' get everything you deserve when they live up to their reputation. He's basically a shorter version of Trent Edwards out there.

When the Bills signed Kolb they knew exactly what they were getting. They tried to keep Fitz at a reduced rate as a backup. He understandably declined the offer and left town. A smart move by him. The front offce didn't sign Kolb because he was a prospective starter because he never was considered a starting caliber qb. They signed the Arizona reject for a reasonable contract in order to cover themselves (albeit a very thin cover) to have a veteran presence at the qb position.

The Bills predraft emphasis was scouting for a legitimate qb prospect who hopefully was good enough to play right away for a rebuilding team. When the Bills gave Fitz an extension they still should have been aggressively pursuing a replacement for him. Fitz is what Kolb is i.e. a backup qb. The difference is that the clueless Nix miscalulated in thinking that Fitz was more than adequate for the time being. He was stunningly wrong. That is why he is in my book a failure. Compare that to the aggressive pursuit of a franchise qb in this draft even before Kolb took to the field?

The qb competition for the starting qb job was a fiction. There is no competition between them, and there never was one. The only issue for this coaching staff was whether Manuel was ready to play right away. If not, Kolb would serve as a place setter until Manuel was prepared enough to get on the field.My central point is that the Bills front office were not hoodwinked into over-estimating Kolb's talent level. They knew how pedestrian he was when they acquired him. They also knew that they had to be aggressive in finding a replacement for him before he took to the field. They executed their qb strategy very well when they drafted Manuel.

Edited by JohnC

This is an example of Troll post:

The word dreadful is incorrect. Screwed the pooch is excessive.

The is no reason why there has to be a vet backup.

The Bills can cut Kolb tommorrow and there is almost no impact.

Don't feed the trolls.

Its Week 2 of the preseason...lets see what Hughes and the rookie class can do when the games matter, before sipping the kool-aid you clowns.

Clowns?

Every time you post here the collective IQ on the board drops 20 points.

Please bring your "thoughts" elsewhere. Go back under your bridge.