If Michael Vick signed with the Bills

boyst

Many here were remissed when Buffalo failed to land Vick. Many here were very pleased. Then there were others thinking it wouldn't hurt to kick those tires. I am going to make an attempt at what would be today if Vick came here in 2009 and where both the Bills and Vick would be. Please, feel free to add on or share thooughts.

With my magical herb and healing aid I project Vick would have been somewhere along the line of:

2009-2012 - 1450 att / 855.5 comp / 59% comp / 11,078.73 yards / 53 INT / 68 TD's

Seasonal Avg - 362.5 att / 213.875 comp / 59% comp / 2770 yards / 13.25 INT / 17 TD's

I used a lot of fancy algorythems and weighted stats from Fitzpatrick and other Bills QB's from 2009 until now to Vicks stats. I added more attempts for Vick, as I figured in his first year Trent would have still got cut and Vick would have had many more attempts because of this then what he had in 2009 with the Eagles.

We can compare those stats with real stats from Vick over the last 4 years:

Eagles Career: 1159 / 696 / 56.675% / 8769 yards / 30 INT / 52 TD's

Eagles Seasonal Avg: 289.75 / 174 / 56.675% / 2192.25 / 7.5 INT's / 13 TD's

It is worth nothing, of course, to make up fancy mathmatics to make fake statistics. But, when looking at my projections vs. reality the INT's drastically changed because in 2009 Vick barely threw. I also think that in Gailey's system Vick would have struggled making quick reads and getting the ball in the propper place. Screens would have done well to suit him but his long ball and intermediate ball would be about like Fitz's.

Fitz's stats:

Bills Career: 1742 / 1041 / 59.075% / 64 INT's / 80 TD's

Bills Seasonal Avg: 435.5 / 267.75 / 59.075% / 16 INT's / 20 TD's

So, to not make you dizzy, who would you rather have:

Fitz:

Bills Career: 55 games / 1742 / 1041 / 59.075% / 11654 / 64 INT's / 80 TD's

Bills Seasonal Avg: 13.75 games / 435.5 / 267.75 / 59.075% / 2913.5 / 16 INT's / 20 TD's

Vick:

2009-2012 - 47 games / 1450 att / 855.5 / 59% / 11,079 / 53 INT / 68 TD's

Seasonal Avg - 11.75 games / 362.5 att / 213.875 comp / 59% / 2770 / 13.25 INT / 17 TD's

Who do you want?

Edited by jboyst62

I want EJ to succeed just so there won't have to be another QB topic for the next decade except for which model our superstar QB is penetrating on his mega yacht.

That is the second chapter of it. I still think that if we signed Vick we would have been wanting a QB this year. The only different might have been W/L record, but there is no way I can conceive of us not getting EJ regardless. So, it was a wash is my biggest point. Vick or Fitz... it would not have mattered. We'd still be about where we are now. Except:

Vick probably would not have got the huge extension. That's the part I haven't worked around yet.

Comparing stats doesn't really tell a whole lot. Would Fitz have played as well on the Eagles? Would Vick have played as poorly on the Bills? They ran different offenses, had different tools, etc.

I think Vick would have been more successful here than Fitz, but I don't think it would have amounted to much.

Comparing stats doesn't really tell a whole lot. Would Fitz have played as well on the Eagles? Would Vick have played as poorly on the Bills? They ran different offenses, had different tools, etc.

I think Vick would have been more successful here than Fitz, but I don't think it would have amounted to much.

agreed on all fronts. in hindsight, vick mightve been a bit more exciting, but fitz was more likable - results generally equal ill take a guy that i want to see succeed.

It's not going to tell a whole lot but it is going to make you think what would have been different today if we signed Vick. I would hope...against all hope, that we would be where we are today so in 4 more years I could have said if we kept Fitz instead of Kolb their stats would have been...

In all cerealness I think that so many people 4 years ago go and every off season for a while have always wanted another option. This year, I really cannot imagine anyone wanting another option at QB going forward.

hey 2009! how ya been? long time no see.

This week in 2009 we were being blasted with hits like:

Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me

BEP - I Gotta Feeling

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

Roger Goodell supposedly steered Vick away from Buffalo ad Cincinnatti and toward Philadelphia. Bigger market.

Dude, I have this great piece of [swamp] land in Florida you might be interested in buying. It's got a home security system [aligators] that costs practically nothing to maintain.

Dude, I have this great piece of [swamp] land in Florida you might be interested in buying. It's got a home security system [aligators] that costs practically nothing to maintain.

Vick himself was quoted saying this on more then a few occasions.

Vick himself was quoted saying this on more then a few occasions.

i believe in the context that he was steered there because it was stable, had andy reid etc... not that it was a big tv market and would make him a high profile spokesman for the nfl.... y'know what im sayin

Edited by NoSaint

Screens would have done well to suit him but his long ball and intermediate ball would be about like Fitz's

I find this statement a bit odd. Fitz's long balls were absolutely terrible. The 2 attempt's in the Giants game spring to mind. IMO I think Vick could actually make those throws.

I find this statement a bit odd. Fitz's long balls were absolutely terrible. The 2 attempt's in the Giants game spring to mind. IMO I think Vick could actually make those throws.

My recollection of Vick's entire career is that he has never had the accuracy to throw a good deep ball and he was too stupid to read defenses - hence always being hurt, because all he knows how to do is improvise.