Epic rant by Detroit Lions fan on CraigsList

I think that any of us who get angry about years of futility will identify with this fan. Plus this is just plain funny. A sample:

DRAFT PICKS BURNED LIKE AUTUMN LEAVES. CHARLES ROGERS CAPS HIS 12-GAME PROFESSIONAL CAREER BY THREATENING TO MURDER HIS MOTHER AND PASSING OUT IN HIS BOOTH AT ON THE BORDER IN NOVI LIKE A ****ING WINO. MIKE WILLIAMS SPENDS TWO YEARS FATTING AROUND IN DETROIT BEFORE GETTING FOLDED INTO A dog**** TRADE WITH OAKLAND THAT ILLUSTRATED THE CONCEPT OF SUNK COST BETTER THAN ANY ECONOMICS TEXTBOOK EVER !@#$ING COULD. AND ROY WILLIAMS AFTER ALL HIS LOUDMOUTH BULL**** HIS MOST ENDURING CONTRIBUTION TO NFL HISTORY IS CALVIN JOHNSON'S NON-SEQUITUR NICKNAME. AND ALL THE WHILE WE'RE DICKING AROUND WITH THESE LOSERS ANDRE JOHNSON AND DEMARCUS WARE ARE DOWN IN TEXAS RACKING UP ALLPRO HONORS LIKE REGGIE ROGERS RACKS UP VEHICULAR HOMICIDES AND BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS THE ALL-SEEING ALL-RAPING RINGBEARING FOOTBALL GOD OF YINZERLAND. THE MIND REELS

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/com/4000025014.html

Dear Lions Fans,

What was it like, going to the playoffs two years ago? Because honestly, we're starting to forget what that was like.

Sincerely,

Bills Fans

Exactly. All NFL Teams are not created Equally. It's always the same 8-10 Teams that are always the SB winners year in and out. A few have gotten lucky, such as Tampa Bay and New Orleans, but other than them. It's always usually the same teams that remain good no matter what.

Exactly. All NFL Teams are not created Equally. It's always the same 8-10 Teams that are always the SB winners year in and out. A few have gotten lucky, such as Tampa Bay and New Orleans, but other than them. It's always usually the same teams that remain good no matter what.

Hey, remember before the last decade, when New England was not one of those 8-10 teams?

Look up when the last Colts title was before their most recent one.

The Ravens-Browns franchise before 2000?

The storied franchises (Dallas, SF, Pitts, NYG, to a lesser extent these days the Skins, Miami, Raiders) have more appearances and titles than most. But the fact that those last three teams I mentioned haven't sniffed the Super Bowl in over 10 years - with Gruden's one Raiders appearance the only one for those three in the past 20 -- should be enough to prove my point. The NFL is generally cyclical and greatness is tied to a QB. The Bills have new hopes with their latest QB prospect, so let's not act like the future holds no promise.

I think that any of us who get angry about years of futility will identify with this fan. Plus this is just plain funny. A sample:

http://detroit.craig...4000025014.html

That was truly epic man, thanks for posting. Saved the page cause I'm sure his post will get flagged by some goody 2 shoes and I wanted to show it to a few friends. I don't let this team get me twisted anymore, I just keep saying before the season starts that this year we'll turn it around. Sooner or later I have to be right...Right?

Dear Lions Fans,

What was it like, going to the playoffs two years ago? Because honestly, we're starting to forget what that was like.

Sincerely,

Bills Fans

Answer: Like taking your sister to the prom. Because losing is still losing, playoffs or not.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hey, remember before the last decade, when New England was not one of those 8-10 teams?

Look up when the last Colts title was before their most recent one.

The Ravens-Browns franchise before 2000?

The storied franchises (Dallas, SF, Pitts, NYG, to a lesser extent these days the Skins, Miami, Raiders) have more appearances and titles than most. But the fact that those last three teams I mentioned haven't sniffed the Super Bowl in over 10 years - with Gruden's one Raiders appearance the only one for those three in the past 20 -- should be enough to prove my point. The NFL is generally cyclical and greatness is tied to a QB. The Bills have new hopes with their latest QB prospect, so let's not act like the future holds no promise.

Bingo. Ya the Colts weren't there 12yrs ago be they're going to be for the next 12yrs (although I expect them to take a step backwards this year). Must be f***ing nice to get 13yrs of Manning and fall into Luck after the one year they suck. Kinda makes me hate them a lot. The Packers at least were bold enough to trade/draft Favre/Rodgers when other teams wouldn't have.

Bingo. Ya the Colts weren't there 12yrs ago be they're going to be for the next 12yrs (although I expect them to take a step backwards this year). Must be f***ing nice to get 13yrs of Manning and fall into Luck after the one year they suck. Kinda makes me hate them a lot. The Packers at least were bold enough to trade/draft Favre/Rodgers when other teams wouldn't have.

You could argue the Colts have underachieved with a QB like Peyton Gump. Should have goone to multiple SB's.

You could argue the Colts have underachieved with a QB like Peyton Gump. Should have goone to multiple SB's.

Ya and the team that won it probably wasn't even one of the 3-4 best Colt teams of that era (not unlike the Ravens last yr). If the idiot Chargers DB doesn't fumble against the Patriots does Indy win @that 14-2 San Diego team the next week? Who knows but they would've been an underdog in that game. You need some luck in the postseason to win it all.

Edited by BuffOrange

Detroit is a mess. I recently read that 30-40% of the property is abandoned. Even in the downtown area there are shuttered buildings.

There is no other large city in this country that looks like this. Yet the idiot governor has just signed off on a new hockey stadium for this ghost town.

Politicians ruined that town.

Detroit is a mess. I recently read that 30-40% of the property is abandoned. Even in the downtown area there are shuttered buildings.

There is no other large city in this country that looks like this. Yet the idiot governor has just signed off on a new hockey stadium for this ghost town.

Politicians ruined that town.

I'm not always against public money for stadiums. But as you pointed out with the case for Detroit it makes little sense. If a family member was getting raped and you called 911 it takes an average of 45-60 minutes before the police will arrive to the scene. How crazy is that? Nearly half the street lights are not working. Retired government workers receiving a pensions of $18,000 or less are having them slashed.

Using money to pay for schools and infrastructure is an investment. Subsidizing a billionaire for a sports facillity at this time and under the curresnt dire circumstances is a travesty.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/175467/vultures-and-red-wings-billionaire-gets-new-sports-arena-bankrupt-detroit#