Coby Fleener has a concussion. Ron Brooks hit?

Apparently Indy Tight End Coby Fleener is going through the NFL's concussion protocol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/13/colts-coby-fleener-sidelined-with-concussion/

"Colts tight end Coby Fleener is sidelined after suffering a concussion."

No word on when he suffered the concussion but we all know he was lit up by Bills CB Ron Brooks on Sunday.

Like I said in another thread, that was no cheap turnover forced by the Bills D… not cheap like the turnover Indy got.

Apparently Indy Tight End Coby Fleener is going through the NFL's concussion protocol:

http://profootballta...ith-concussion/

"Colts tight end Coby Fleener is sidelined after suffering a concussion."

No word on when he suffered the concussion but we all know he was lit up by Bills CB Ron Brooks on Sunday.

Like I said in another thread, that was no cheap turnover forced by the Bills D… not cheap like the turnover Indy got.

Definitely not a cheap turnover. Nice clean hit by Brooks as far as I could tell. I do hope Coby Fleener is OK though. I dont like seeing players get injured, especially a concussion.

Edited by jaybee

That was my 2nd favorite play of the game (behind mar-Queese's KO return). I really like brooks approach to the game. He's lackluster in coverage right now, but I think he's going to improve as the season goes on. I think we have 2 really good nickel prospects in Brooks and Robey. We just need to pray that Leo can become the solid 2. I know many here think that's impossible, but I think some coaching from someone other than George Catavolos will really help him. His physical skills are there. Just needs help with ball recognition IMO.

Back to the subject of brooks' hit, I love brooks' violence and I think he's going to be a good player for us somewhere down the road, if not this year.

That was my 2nd favorite play of the game (behind mar-Queese's KO return). I really like brooks approach to the game.

Before his epic pick six, Jumal Rolle had a great pass breakup.

Also Aaron Williams negated what would have been a 3rd and goal conversion by blowing up Indy RB Donald Brown just as the pass arrived.

There were a lot of great defensive plays from the Bills side.

Alonso's breakup of the end zone pass to Fleener.

Manny Lawson had several strong plays.

Koko Alphonso's TD breakup was my favorite defensive play. It showed such great awareness, instinct and lightning-fast reflexes. Dude looks to be for real. I know, I know, it's just the preseason, but it's nice to have a long list of nice plays to reflect on and what doesn't seem like nearly as many bad plays.

Also Aaron Williams negated what would have been a 3rd and goal conversion by blowing up Indy RB Donald Brown just as the pass arrived.

Don't forget Mario absolutely undressing Constonzo for that sack early on. He was in the backfield before Constonzo even got out of his stance.

Don't forget Mario absolutely undressing Constonzo for that sack early on. He was in the backfield before Constonzo even got out of his stance.

Half of that confusion was the D-Line shifting around, forced them all to stop a second. Screwed the whole play up. Cannot wait to see everything Pettine has in store.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

That was my 2nd favorite play of the game (behind mar-Queese's KO return). I really like brooks approach to the game. He's lackluster in coverage right now, but I think he's going to improve as the season goes on. I think we have 2 really good nickel prospects in Brooks and Robey. We just need to pray that Leo can become the solid 2. I know many here think that's impossible, but I think some coaching from someone other than George Catavolos will really help him. His physical skills are there. Just needs help with ball recognition IMO.

Back to the subject of brooks' hit, I love brooks' violence and I think he's going to be a good player for us somewhere down the road, if not this year.

If McKelvin can give three - four seconds of blanket coverage, that's all Pettine will need. Three - four seconds. I am fully confident that he'll get that on the other side. With both CBs doing that, Pettine's delayed overload blitz schemes will wreck havoc.

Three - four seconds. Seem like an eternity at times.

GO BILLS!!!

If McKelvin can give three - four seconds of blanket coverage, that's all Pettine will need. Three - four seconds. I am fully confident that he'll get that on the other side. With both CBs doing that, Pettine's delayed overload blitz schemes will wreck havoc.

Three - four seconds. Seem like an eternity at times.

GO BILLS!!!

I actually don't even think his coverage is the issue. I loved McKelvin--loved the draft pick, rooted hard for him, saw some glimmers. But I am now of the view that he is going to be a disaster as a full-time starter (I hope not). QB's will throw the ball up to his receiver even with McKelvin blanketing him. The problem is his total lack of ball skills.

I am not saying the Colts looked soft and I am not saying they played bad. I am not saying anything at all except this was a preseason game. The only judgement I can pull away from this is that because the Bills played hard every play that it seemed to keep injuries down. The question I have for myself is if it will wear them down earlier in the season. Some of our guys are getting up there.

In fairness to Constonzo, there was a miscommunication between luck and his center and he was still in his stance when the ball was snapped. Loved how quickly Mario got to Luck but that was a gimme.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

The Bills defense played hard and hit like they meant it.

Just like Mike said he wanted them to do. Tipster you should replay the game. The first time i have seen the Buffalo Bills defense hustle tough, all game long and till the whistle .

I hope Colts TE is good to go ( i like the kid ) but we hits honest and hard. I did not see any Bill offer a hand up either.

I wanna be like Mike too.

grrrr..

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

I watched the Alonso PBU a few times in slow mo. It really is an impressive instance of lightning fast reflexes. He was just waiting to break fleeners hands of he saw the ball fall into them. Just a great play. Impressive for a rookie.

Aaron Williams' tackle was great as well. When I first saw Mario's sack I was in awe, then I saw the miscommunication. Great jump nonetheless.

Definitely not a cheap turnover. Nice clean hit by Brooks as far as I could tell. I do hope Coby Fleener is OK though. I dont like seeing players get injured, especially a concussion.

clean, Brooks put his hat right on the ball. Great hit. If you watch, Brooks crushed himself as well.

Koko Alphonso's TD breakup was my favorite defensive play. It showed such great awareness, instinct and lightning-fast reflexes. Dude looks to be for real. I know, I know, it's just the preseason, but it's nice to have a long list of nice plays to reflect on and what doesn't seem like nearly as many bad plays.

and he was running with a fast tight end. Step for step. This is gonna be fun...