Rodeo clown wears Obama mask at State Fair - crowd approves

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byron York compares the rodeo clown outrage with the abuse and violent language aimed at George W. Bush by members of the establishment.

Yeah, but he’s a rodeo clown. The common folk should know their place. I wonder if he’ll have to go into hiding, like George Zimmerman or Nakoula Nakoula, to escape the mob-frenzy whipped up by the President’s political apparat.

But here’s the truth: All this outrage is really an admission that Obama is weak, and can’t withstand the kind of criticism routinely directed at other presidents, from Nixon to Clinton to Bush. President Asterisk, indeed.

L2ltYWdlcy9nZW5lcmFsL0Rlbm5pc18xNTAuanBn_H_SW469_normal.jpg Dennis Miller Show @DennisDMZ

"The difference between Obama and the rodeo clown is that the guy in Missouri distracts the bull and the guy in DC diffracts the bull."

Dennis Miller Show @DennisDMZ

"People now talk about their Obama vote in the same disbelieving tone used when they tell you they took an Ambien and woke up naked outside."

Edited by B-Man

Rodeo clown invited to Texas:

“Liberals want to bronco bust dissent. But Texans value speech, even if its speech they don’t agree with,” Stockman, R-Friendwood, said in a release. “From Molly Ivins to Louie Gohmert and every opinion between, Texans value free and open political speech. I’m sure any rodeo in Texas would be proud to have performers.”

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/08/rep-steve-stockman-invites-rodeo-clown-who-mocked-obama-to-texas/

Rodeo clown invited to Texas:

“Liberals want to bronco bust dissent. But Texans value speech, even if its speech they don’t agree with,” Stockman, R-Friendwood, said in a release. “From Molly Ivins to Louie Gohmert and every opinion between, Texans value free and open political speech. I’m sure any rodeo in Texas would be proud to have performers.”

http://blog.chron.co...obama-to-texas/

And the Rodeo said that Stockman had no authority to invite anyone.

Stockman said the national outcry, with members of Congress of both parties calling the stunt racist, was over-hyped.

So racism can be the ONLY reason for this stunt, because any criticism of the current president would not be said at all if he was, you know, white. The fact that many people are unhappy with the direction this country is going is not involved in this at all. :rolleyes:

This could, quite possibly, be the very best opinion article ever in the history of opinion articles.

CNN has found the perfect person to write the perfect article that shows, without a doubt, that a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask is a racist: the past president of the Clowns of America International.

Hell, don't even bother reading the article. Just read about the author.

Editor's note: Judy Quest is a board member and past president of Clowns of America International, an organization of clowns that promotes the craft. She has been a clown for 32 years and has trained hundreds of clowns. She writes regularly for clown journals.
Edited by LABillzFan

This could, quite possibly, be the very best opinion article ever in the history of opinion articles.

CNN has found the perfect person to write the perfect article that shows, without a doubt, that a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask is a racist: the past president of the Clowns of America International.

Hell, don't even bother reading the article. Just read about the author.

That's awesome!! :lol:

Life immitates art. Or in this case real media imitates the Onion.

He wore the mask to mock obama because he sucks at being president. He is only mocking out the white half of obama, not the black half. Therefore since its ok to mock any white person and its only not ok to mock any black person, rodeo clown = not a racist or hate speech. Just artistic expression.

Gatortool

Why didn't you show equal outrage over douchebags wearing bush masks? Or is that ok with you? Maybe ypur the unfair evil racist, you probably hate white people. I bet you own a horse too.

Despite having a black president as the leader of the free world, race relations in this country has gotten WORSE.

When you got groups calling a rodeo clown wearing a mask a hate crime, we have issues.

Every race baiting !@#$wad seizes every chance to push their bull ****. I've had it. !@#$ them. It is what it is.

While I will defend the right of this "clown" to mock the president, he shouldn't do it. It was wrong under Bush, and it's still wrong under Obama. He's the President. Show the OFFICE some respect.

I don't think he was wearing a mask of the OFFICE.

While I will defend the right of this "clown" to mock the president, he shouldn't do it. It was wrong under Bush, and it's still wrong under Obama. He's the President. Show the OFFICE some respect.

The OFFICE should respect us. Seriously. Basic concept. THEY work for us. THEY are elected by us. It is not wrong, not in the least.

So you're against caricatures of Presidents in political cartoons?

So you're against caricatures of Presidents in political cartoons?

If it's making fun of his policy, then no. If it's about making fun of the person? (like wearing a mask) then it's inappropriate and disrespectful.

There is a difference between making fun of a person vs mocking his policies. Showing Bush as a monkey? inappropriate. Drawing Obama driving the economy over a cliff, funny.

The people applauding this are just as bad as the people crying that it's racism; because you're only doing it to support your "team"

The OFFICE should respect us. Seriously. Basic concept. THEY work for us. THEY are elected by us. It is not wrong, not in the least.

What the hell are you talking about?

So you're saying that the fact that you picked them to serve you, gives you the right to do anything you want to them; and they have to take it graciously? Are all of you guys insane?

So it would be okay to you if I went to the white house, took down the portrait of George Washington and had a bunch of bulls run through it... no of course not, because we have respect for his service to the country.

I've heard this many times from people I respect, but I still don't get it. What is the rationale behind this unconditional respect for the OFFICE?

If it's making fun of his policy, then no. If it's about making fun of the person? (like wearing a mask) then it's inappropriate and disrespectful.

There is a difference between making fun of a person vs mocking his policies. Showing Bush as a monkey? inappropriate. Drawing Obama driving the economy over a cliff, funny.

The people applauding this are just as bad as the people crying that it's racism; because you're only doing it to support your "team"

Now that I've had a chance to sleep on it I realize you're right. Because making fun of someone is just so darn mean.

If I were President I'd hold a press conference to say "My fellow Americans. Regarding that rodeo clown stunt the other day. That was some funny ass **** right there!"

Damm have we become so politically correct in this country that we can't make fun of each other? And don't answer that, that was a rhetorical question,

Back-lash from be critical of the President? who would have thunk? signed the Dixie Chicks

P.S. doesn't getting hundreds of death threats just suck the worst ? well not as bad as being blackballed banned and boycotted and having your livelihood destroyed but it's a close second.

Back-lash from be critical of the President? who would have thunk? signed the Dixie Chicks

P.S. doesn't getting hundreds of death threats just suck the worst ? well not as bad as being blackballed banned and boycotted and having your livelihood destroyed but it's a close second.

I know and it only got worse when they bagged on Bush.

Guys guys, its only funny if they do it, then its art and clever humor. If the right does it, the same act must be evil racist hate mongering barbaric jerks who should not be afforded the same benefit of doubt and artistic freedom the left knows how to use

The backlash is not because he's the President or even because he's a Democrat. It's because he's black. Didn't you get the memo? You make fun of a black person you're a racist.

The difference is that the Dixie Chicks were held up as heroic victims standing up for what they believed.

And still are, judging by your post.

I've heard this many times from people I respect, but I still don't get it. What is the rationale behind this unconditional respect for the OFFICE?

The rationale is simple: at some point somebody is going to come along and take the office of POTUS from the gutter it is in today. That person, be they R or D, is going ot have to try and get things done in that office. The more we denigrate the person holding the office the more difficult for the next guy to excute the duties of the office. IF this keeps happening, then we de-value the office and defeat our purpose as a nation.

That is the rationale. (And, if any think the sub-reference to the office/gutter is there by mistake, think again. I will leave you all to ponder it's significance)

However, IMHO, it has been misapplied as an excuse for bad/no leadership. It comes from the military. But, it is there for a specific purpose: combat effectiveness. IF we didn't follow the orders of some officer, because we didn't know him well enough to decide if he is worth listening to, then right there we cease to have an Army. Now we have a horde.

And yes, respect is a two way street in a free society. IF the POTUS disrespects the office himself, then that same office cannot provide protection from criticism. This is perhaps the biggest reason that GW BUsh got into trouble. He didn't respect the office enough to hold himself accountable to make the big decisions. Instead he turned many of them over to advisers.

Only placed here since it was the rodeo clown event that will likely be remembered as the event that nullified the word "racist," but this guy nails it.

Really bad time to be an Obamabot.

An American man has been under a sustained attack for a week now for simply treating this president like any other president. And the only words we’ve heard from the president’s spokesman is that this was not one of Missouri’s “finer moments.” Gessling has lost his job, been accused of committing a “hate crime,” seen his life basically ruined because the president of the United States couldn’t be bothered to tell a staffer to pass along that he said “knock it off.”

That’s because he doesn’t want it “knocked off.” Maintaining the “Obama standard” for critique of a president is far more useful to him than a clown in Missouri, a cop in Cambridge, Mass., an Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida or anyone else who may stand in his way.

Progressives in the media, in non-profits and elected office are happy to help because they benefit too. They get another day off the hook for their sins and those of their progressive forefathers who donned Klan hoods, mandated “whites only” signs and blocked school doorways. Another day of people not realizing those overt racist impediments to liberty have been replaced by the covert racism of the “helping” bureaucracy.

The methods have changed, but not the goal. That the president is black doesn’t matter; the agenda matters – and the power that goes with it.

The progressive agenda is advanced, its power obtained, by dividing people. That’s why so many have embraced the lower standard for this current president.

Luckily, fewer and fewer people are falling for this “equal-but-separate” deception. With each new day, there is more indifference to the politics of race. The president is sinking in the polls not because he’s black but because America does not accept his radical progressive agenda. Calling opponents racist will fall on deaf ears increasingly as time goes by because those ears aren’t deaf, they just know they’re being lied to.

Ruining the life of a rodeo clown won’t be the Berlin Wall moment for the politics of division. But that moment is coming. We see it in the polls, in the continued ratings drops for MSNBC. Before long, we will see it at the voting polls.

And it can’t come a day too soon.

Apparently clowns have been wearing Obama masks since at least 2007.

Why is it suddenly a big deal?

Quite simple.....................................................................................distraction.

Foreign policy in shambles.

Economy stuck in neutral.

Obamacare realities coming to a head.

"look.....they're picking on our President because he's Black"

as predictable as the sun rise........democrats divide to keep power.