Marcus Easley makes the team

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail. I really do see your point. You clarified it really well. But it just simply is not possible.

You want me to ignore his stats to play along. But in this game of football, besides being a good character and bla bla, stats is all you have to base talent on. I'm not being a homer in denying his stats. I never said they were megatron stats, nevertheless, they are still strong for the ineffective system he played for 3 years. (bad qb bad coach, etc.)

Actually you may be more of a homer in denying his stats. Think about that.

I'm out for now. Good night yall!!!

Well, I wasn't all that impressed by the 3 straight 1,000 seasons, until I realized that only Roddy White accomplished the same thing over the same span of time. But, I think that feat is that's mostly a testament to Stevie's his endurance and durability, two factors that ought not be overlooked, to be sure!

But, this myth that it was an "ineffective" system, that's a bunch of bull.

I know that around here you're a moron unless you subscribe to the theory that Fitz is/was King ****head, but he was the best quarterback we had in a decade. Period.

And to say that Chan's system was ineffective when you're arguing in favor of Stevie's accomplishments is a direct contradiction. As Reddog has said over and over, it takes two to tang. The "Chan couldn't coach" argument belongs in Spiller conversations, not these. Stevie didn't get three straight 1,000 seasons IN SPITE of Chan, he got them BECAUSE of Chan: my original argument.

Edited by The Big Cat

He has shown skills every preseason, just hasnt been able to make the regular season and even when i season was over last year Chan still wouldnt play him over Ruvell Martin.

Yes that was frustrating as hell last year. Watching Ruvell and Brad Smith at WR when there is no shot for playoffs left, and Easley who desperately needs game experience just sitting on the sidelines. If I am the GM or owner I fix that shortsighted bull **** in two seconds.

Yes that was frustrating as hell last year. Watching Ruvell and Brad Smith at WR when there is no shot for playoffs left, and Easley who desperately needs game experience just sitting on the sidelines. If I am the GM or owner I fix that shortsighted bull **** in two seconds.

But what happened after the wing-eating contest? Didn't he have like organ issues??

That's not the GM's job, and it's only the job of a meddlesome owner. You trust your coaches to do what's best, until you reach the point you don't -- and then you fire them. No situation in which a GM or owner are telling the coach what to do is tenable for any length of time.

Well, I wasn't all that impressed by the 3 straight 1,000 seasons, until I realized that only Roddy White accomplished the same thing over the same span of time. But, I think that feat is that's mostly a testament to Stevie's his endurance and durability, two factors that ought not be overlooked, to be sure!

But, this myth that it was an "ineffective" system, that's a bunch of bull.

I know that around here you're a moron unless you subscribe to the theory that Fitz is/was King ****head, but he was the best quarterback we had in a decade. Period.

And to say that Chan's system was ineffective when you're arguing in favor of Stevie's accomplishments is a direct contradiction. As Reddog has said over and over, it takes two to tang. The "Chan couldn't coach" argument belongs in Spiller conversations, not these. Stevie didn't get three straight 1,000 seasons IN SPITE of Chan, he got them BECAUSE of Chan: my original argument.

2 more points to why he is airtight lock for a roster spot. By your own admission. Lol.

Regarding ineffective play. I just didnt like Chan towards the end. Baby playing Cj really angered me last season. The most explosive weapon on the team and chan babysat him was really hard to watch. We already sucked badly as a franchise last year, might as well please the fans with explosive Cj. But no, he took him out play after play.

Chan had flashes of being a genius. But at the end of the day, he was an ineffective coach. His record proves it.

Ditto for Fitz. Fitz had flashes of being a great qb. But at the end, he is a bad qb in my book. That's saying a lot. I was a Fitz supporter for a long long time.

2 more points to why he is airtight lock for a roster spot. By your own admission. Lol.

Regarding ineffective play. I just didnt like Chan towards the end. Baby playing Cj really angered me last season. The most explosive weapon on the team and chan babysat him was really hard to watch. We already sucked badly as a franchise last year, might as well please the fans with explosive Cj. But no, he took him out play after play.

Chan had flashes of being a genius. But at the end of the day, he was an ineffective coach. His record proves it.

Ditto for Fitz. Fitz had flashes of being a great qb. But at the end, he is a bad qb in my book. That's saying a lot. I was a Fitz supporter for a long long time.

We both agree that it was time for both Chan and Fitz to go. But I don't agree that Stevie's production was in spite of either of them.

im sure you remember my post about sj slot wr. I said hes gone in two years "if" rogers is any good. Now w one preseason game and 7 catches Easley is the new super star. But isn't it due to tuel throwing him almost every pass when he was on the field? he caught 7 balls for a very sj like 13 yards a catch. before this game he was considered a cut by most now hes a lock for the bills or some nfl team. Hes not shown anything yet except the ability to catch perfectly thrown passes. But yes SJ did get most of the targets from fitz, its not hard to get a 1000 yards in a season when you get 10+ chances a game to catch a football.

I think a lot of posters don't ever look up the height and weight of the players. someone else here said tj reminds them of Donald jones. WTF? ones huge and has marginal speed, the others small light and has exceptional speed. TJ has lee evans speed but needs another season to show if he can handle being a "two". hes bigger than Goodwin who will be the 3 or 4 for this team. I saw Goodwin as a replacement for TJ but hes apparently had a great preseason ( in practice anyway) so maybe that's why hes a starter so far. No matter how good Goodwin is he'll never start as a 1 or 2, hes too small. As a 2 TJ barely has the size so it depends on his hands. Woods is about the smallest you want as a starter at 190 and 6'1 hes like peerless price.

I think Desean Jackson would have something to say about your post.

Bottom line.

Stevie has a higher probability of making the roster than ANY other WR on the team.

He is the #1 WR on the team, has multiple consecutive seasons of RESULTS to support it, is extremely quick, is ALWAYS open, elusive off of the line, has great hands and is physical and elusive enough to beat the press.

He's a reputable locker room presence and is a very coachable player by all accounts.

The new coaches have seen him in practice and still there he sits atop the depth chart.

LOCK as much of a lock as anyone can be.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Yeah, I have been too and said all off season he would be a standout in the preseason and make the squad. So far, he has done just that and is going to be hard not to keep and he has gone out and played like he belongs and should get playing time.

Yeah, I have been too and said all off season he would be a standout in the preseason and make the squad. So far, he has done just that and is going to be hard not to keep and he has gone out and played like he belongs and should get playing time.

Agreed. I think Da'Rick is PS material or gone altogether. This will be quite the interesting couple of weeks if he puts in another solid performance in the "all important" game 3 of preseason.

Top WR two weeks in a row..