Marcus Easley makes the team

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should get a chance to prove himself as a receiver this week with Woods and probably Stevie out.

Since both are out i hope both Hogan and Easely can get into a rythym with EJ .

They had it before Regular seaon so that just might finally translate to the playing field.

Graham has been in the doghouse for me , let Easely do his thing Nate !

Also, wish we kept Rogers instead of having Marrone try to teach him a lesson as if this was college ball. Rogers would be starting with Easly and TJ this week. Instead we have a very suspect group overall, not to mention the QB play.

Marrone cut him to teach him a lesson? Isn't it more likely that Rogers simply didn't deserve a spot on the roster?

What do you make of the fact that despite being on the Colts practice squad nearly all season long, Rogers is inactive for the Colts tonight in spite of them having several injuries at that position?

I'm thinking Rogers lacks certain things that would enable an NFL coaching staff to trust him in a game.

Marrone cut him to teach him a lesson? Isn't it more likely that Rogers simply didn't deserve a spot on the roster?

What do you make of the fact that despite being on the Colts practice squad nearly all season long, Rogers is inactive for the Colts tonight in spite of them having several injuries at that position?

I'm thinking Rogers lacks certain things that would enable an NFL coaching staff to trust him in a game.

I'm sorry to hear Rogers is inactive tonight, not that he would get much PT anyway.

It seemed like some of those OTA/minicamp bombs to Da'Rick may have been just a pitch and catch deal at the end of practice, not really in the flow of regular practice. So Da'Rick may be missing some of the fine print, adjustments and such.

I hope Easley gets a fair chance this week and beyond. That drop was discouraging, but he so rarely sees the field (as WR) it could just be nerves/rust/etc as someone said.

I hope Easley gets a fair chance this week and beyond. That drop was discouraging, but he so rarely sees the field (as WR) it could just be nerves/rust/etc as someone said.

That drop would have been his first NFL catch. Though not an excuse, it happens a bit. Graggs bad drop last week would have been his first catch as well.

It would certainly be nice if both of them stepped up this week now that their first catch nerves are gone.

Easley - great STer, bad wr. I loved for him to prove me wrong but pretty much he only shines againsts borderline NFLers.

I hope you're wrong, but it's really hard to label the guy a bad wide receiver when he has yet to play a full game. some unfortunate injuries and a piss poor coaching regime early in his career has really not helped him on the field either.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Easley - great STer, bad wr. I loved for him to prove me wrong but pretty much he only shines againsts borderline NFLers.

has he even been given a shot to start? He won the WR 2 job last year, outright. Played better in preseason than Hogan, TJ, Goodwin. I really don't understand this coaching staff. I miss Chan.

Personally, I am impressed that he has become so good on Special Teams. I give Easley credit after his health concerns to carve out a career in the NFL. A high level STer justifies a 4th round pick. Interesting in retrospect that Spiller, Carrington, and Easley all became contributors although none were ready and/or healthy to do much in year 1.

That aside, the notion that all Easley needs is an opportunity to become an impact WR is questionable at best. If it was going to happen it would have by now.

Personally, I am impressed that he has become so good on Special Teams. I give Easley credit after his health concerns to carve out a career in the NFL. A high level STer justifies a 4th round pick. Interesting in retrospect that Spiller, Carrington, and Easley all became contributors although none were ready and/or healthy to do much in year 1.

That aside, the notion that all Easley needs is an opportunity to become an impact WR is questionable at best. If it was going to happen it would have by now.

How is it questionable when he has yet to be given the chance to play a full game? How could it possibly happen when bad coaches don't play draft picks?

has he even been given a shot to start? He won the WR 2 job last year, outright. Played better in preseason than Hogan, TJ, Goodwin. I really don't understand this coaching staff. I miss Chan.

I was thinking the same thing... thought he looked good last year before he had that heart condition (I think). I really have a hard time reading your posts though because your avatar is distracting (yet perfect). Lol.

it should've been last year, before the heart condition he earned the #2 job. Out side of that, all I'm going to say is TJ Graham.

How is it questionable when he has yet to be given the chance to play a full game? How could it possibly happen when bad coaches don't play draft picks?

In other words, you think Easley is far superior to Graham, yet Marrone, Hackett, and Hilliard are blind to this reality and are foolishly allowing him to languish on the bench?

I hope you're wrong, but it's really hard to label the guy a bad wide receiver when he has yet to play a full game. some unfortunate injuries and a piss poor coaching regime early in his career has really not helped him on the field either.

Funny how many posters do though...

Easley and Hogan ready to step into expanded roles

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Easley-Hogan-ready-to-step-into-expanded-roles/56242ebe-420c-47cb-80ef-73cfd2dcda3f

Edited by dog14787

There it is. Someone said it. "i Miss Chan" . Hackett couldn't carry Chan's OC clipboard. Probably the biggest change from last year to this year is our defense got a lot more interesting and our offense got a lot less interesting.

There it is. Someone said it. "i Miss Chan" . Hackett couldn't carry Chan's OC clipboard. Probably the biggest change from last year to this year is our defense got a lot more interesting and our offense got a lot less interesting.

It's sad how the Bills never seem to have a good offense and a good defense at the same time. Ever since the Super Bowl years, it's just a see-saw.

It's sad how the Bills never seem to have a good offense and a good defense at the same time. Ever since the Super Bowl years, it's just a see-saw.

Yep - I think it is due to not having consistency at QB. It results in frequent HC changes, with different specialties/systems, and nothing can take hold.