New NFL bag policy reviews are in...

and people aren't happy....

From Atlanta...

http://www.wsbtv.com...cy/nZJjk/?sksjj

Fans lined up at bag check stations before and after the game. "Our bags are just sitting on a rack. There's going to be at least 10,000 people with bags here and it's sitting in the middle of the parking lot," Kimberly Love told Channel 2's Wendy Corona. Vanita Jefferson said workers gave her purse to someone else. "I was really upset about not getting my purse back because that was over a $200 purse and you don't get it back," Jefferson said.

and Cleveland...

http://www.newsnet5....y#ixzz2bUVYb2sO

Frustrated at having to return to her vehicle, Greear told NewsChannel5, “They should have notified everybody. I'm a season ticket holder and I didn't know.”

Condo said upset, “I just thought it was going to be, just no backpacks or anything. I didn't know you know, no purses. I mean I have to carry an EpiPen and allergy drugs in case I get stung. I think it's just kind of demeaning that all my personal stuff's going to be in this plastic bag that I'm carrying around.”

"This will probably be my last game I come to, I tell ya,” said Greear as she finally made it back to the stadium.

You don't need to sneak in snacks. I used to bring in an entire meal, as long as you don't have drinks, they don't care.

Same here, used to bring in some grub left over from the tailgate in aplastic bag. Is that still allowed? didn't catch anything on it in my season ticket letter.

It's a stupid policy. Hopefully, fans don't get accustomed to it and continue to let the NFL know it's not acceptable.

Safety is now stupid?

What the he11 are people bringing to games anyway and why in the world would you bring it in a $200 purse if you are that worried about it?

There is a simple solution to this...don't bring anything you can't put in your pockets and you will not have to deal with this

What the he11 are people bringing to games anyway and why in the world would you bring it in a $200 purse if you are that worried about it?

Here's a better question, how does fitting your things into the NFL approved (sold) bag improve your safety? Unless they are going to empty each of the bags it's pointless.

I would buy the damn clear plastic bag and put 2 blankets in it. Then you have a seat cushion and a cover.

From what I've read you can bring in a piece of uncovered foam to use as a seat cushion, just not anything with a cover. So naked foam goes in the clear bag. Tops bag goes in the clear bag. Foam goes into tops bag to keep foam dry once inside. Hell you could even sit on the bag with the foam in it.

From what I've read you can bring in a piece of uncovered foam to use as a seat cushion, just not anything with a cover. So naked foam goes in the clear bag. Tops bag goes in the clear bag. Foam goes into tops bag to keep foam dry once inside. Hell you could even sit on the bag with the foam in it.

Yes but blanket was what I meant.

Went to the saints game lastnight - no real issue. everyone seemed well aware and respectful of the rule. The security lines moved more quickly and fans enjoyed the game just as much without girlfriends/wives bringing all their lives possessions. I think the rule stretches a bit far, but its a private enterprise and they get to make the call... And this is one ill accept.

It's okay guys, just leave your purses in the car for a couple hours. You'll survive.

from Charlotte...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/09/4224967/what-to-expect-from-panthers-security.html

Many fans with purses and camera cases that are prohibited were allowed in with the items this time and given a flier on what the rules are. The team inspected items on a case-by-case basis, letting in items on the borderline, Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said. Dayton said the Panthers’ policies Friday were not a reaction to the complaints Thursday at other stadiums across the country. The rollout strategy at Bank of America Stadium, he said, had already been planned.

and Detroit...

http://www.freep.com/article/20130810/NEWS06/308100017/Bans-purses-at-ford-field

“This is normally, like, my life,” said Stacy Karras, 36, a medical assistant from Roseville who found out from a patient Friday that she couldn’t bring her stuffed handbag into the Lions preseason opener, her first-ever major sporting event. “I thought she was kidding.” “In one way, I guess it’s good,” said Karras, as she tried to figure out where to stash the purse as she picked up her husband near his Eastern Market workplace before the game. “I don’t have to worry about anybody trying to steal it.”

Safety is now stupid?

There is a simple solution to this...don't bring anything you can't put in your pockets and you will not have to deal with this

Yes, safety precautions can be stupid. This one probably is one of those, but its private business so its their right and its no inconvenience to me so ill still be going to games.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3132085.shtml

I get it, kind of, the NFL wants betters security at the games but are they really just inviting fans to stay home. Think about it, you stay home and you save on the ticket price, save on the outrageous parking fee, save on over prices food and beer, and at home the game is on in HD and there is less hassle.

Not sure I understand what the NFL really think this will accomplish..

I am going to start this post by saying that I think this new bag policy is an overreaction by the NFL.

That being said, I don't know what the heck people are bringing into games that they NEED so much and can't fit in a gallon ziplock bag or their pockets. I'm just curious.

I am going to start this post by saying that I think this new bag policy is an overreaction by the NFL.

That being said, I don't know what the heck people are bringing into games that they NEED so much and can't fit in a gallon ziplock bag or their pockets. I'm just curious.

My first thought too. I bring my phone and wallet and keys. What else do you need?

My first thought too. I bring my phone and wallet and keys. What else do you need?

Apparently many of the posters pack their purses full of something... I don't get the outrage either. Been to two games already this year and seen no issues.

Edited by NoSaint