Proof racial battles aren't "history" yet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is your suggestion on how to overcome this "suffering"?

doesn't know. Much like everyone in the MSNBC crowd they can only tell the rest of the world it is wrong without evidence, reasoning or the ability to display knowledge in regards to fixing an issue

doesn't know. Much like everyone in the MSNBC crowd they can only tell the rest of the world it is wrong without evidence, reasoning or the ability to display knowledge in regards to fixing an issue

Telling the rest of the world it is wrong, without evidence, is the genius here. (you can take umbrage with the word genius, ok, "essence of the scam"?)

If they never have any evidence then:

1. they can continuously screw around with their argument of "what is wrong", and use whatever is convenient, as it becomes available. Think: "Oh, it's colder/hotter than usual = GLOBAL WARMING!" (<--inserted solely for BFBF's benefit. Now that is me bringing up Global Warming tangentially.)

2. we can't point to their evidence, and find fault, because it doesn't exist

This is learned behavior. They still feel the sting of providing evidence for the "Green Shovel Ready Stimulus". Those of us who actually know economics, know that that was a Keynesian stimulus, without any Keynesian multipliers :blink:. Thus, we crushed their "evidence" during the beginning, middle, and end of that debacle.

Paul Krugman's ass is still red from that mess. :lol: That's why he's been extremely nasty ever since. He knows Keynesian economics too, that's why he baked in his "not enough" excuse 3 months into it. He knew their evidence was bogus, and, he therefore knew that it would fail. The only choice was to find fault with the amount, and not the approach.

Yet another argument of convenience..

Telling the rest of the world it is wrong, without evidence, is the genius here. (you can take umbrage with the word genius, ok, "essence of the scam"?)

There are many types of this genius here:

The DC Tom Genius. He will show genius by correcting an irrelevant post mention of some factual events that were mistated or entirely wrong.

The 3rd Genius. If he does not like your tone, if he does not think you worthy he will flame you in criticism, efforts of wit, and a pony show of pomp and circumstance. Generally, it is effective because it leaves its victims stunned and confused. Shock and awe there.

The Chef Genius. This is one where 9 times of 10 you are wrong. He does not speak up about much to really pose an argument against someone in a harsh manner but when he does, well, he ruins your argument.

The Idiot Genius. Toms ability to take anything you say and reverse it, show you are wrong in every sentence and sense then wrapping it up to call you an idiot, only further displaying the spanking.

The EII Genius. The ability to make statements of any type that are against the grain for the conservative nature of the board while still maintaining polite and civil debate, right or wrong does not matter so long as an honest effort and factual debate ensues.

The Lybob, BFBF, others not worth mentioning Genius. The ability to breath with your mouth open and successfully press keys on the keyboard.

There are many types of this genius here:

The DC Tom Genius. He will show genius by correcting an irrelevant post mention of some factual events that were mistated or entirely wrong.

The 3rd Genius. If he does not like your tone, if he does not think you worthy he will flame you in criticism, efforts of wit, and a pony show of pomp and circumstance. Generally, it is effective because it leaves its victims stunned and confused. Shock and awe there.

The Chef Genius. This is one where 9 times of 10 you are wrong. He does not speak up about much to really pose an argument against someone in a harsh manner but when he does, well, he ruins your argument.

The Idiot Genius. Toms ability to take anything you say and reverse it, show you are wrong in every sentence and sense then wrapping it up to call you an idiot, only further displaying the spanking.

The EII Genius. The ability to make statements of any type that are against the grain for the conservative nature of the board while still maintaining polite and civil debate, right or wrong does not matter so long as an honest effort and factual debate ensues.

The Lybob, BFBF, others not worth mentioning Genius. The ability to breath with your mouth open and successfully press keys on the keyboard.

That's right...I'm such a mother!@#$ing genious, I get mentioned twice. Suck it, bitches.

Ah yes, the "Civil War was only about slavery, and had nothing to do with larger economic issues" argument. :rolleyes:

Yes, and when the North started putting tariffs on English/French manufactured goods, in the hope that American manufacturing in the North would be able to catch up, thereby cutting into the South's profit margins, and making them buy inferior goods which would cost them productivity?

"Well, that has nothing to do with slavery, so...it never happened. It's not history. And even if it did happen? The South wouldn't have cared, because, they only wanted to fight a war about slavery".

:lol: The only revision going on here is: attempting to take everything, that doesn't have to do slavery, away from the history of that era.

EDIT: But, then, why should we expect those with advanced degrees in slavery, see anything other than slavery? It's like asking one of the Mac store tools to explain streaming video. Are they gonna say anything about Flash? "Flash? What's that? Does Flash even exist anymore?"

Someone needs to pay more attention to what's written...

yeah-right.gif

That's right...I'm such a mother!@#$ing genious, I get mentioned twice. Suck it, bitches.

:lol: :lol:

Everything you wrote in this post pretty much shows you don't bother to read what's been written. I never said the war was only about slavery. Never even suggested it.

Ah yes, the "Civil War was only about slavery, and had nothing to do with larger economic issues" argument. :rolleyes:

Yes, and when the North started putting tariffs on English/French manufactured goods, in the hope that American manufacturing in the North would be able to catch up, thereby cutting into the South's profit margins, and making them buy inferior goods which would cost them productivity?

"Well, that has nothing to do with slavery, so...it never happened. It's not history. And even if it did happen? The South wouldn't have cared, because, they only wanted to fight a war about slavery".

:lol: The only revision going on here is: attempting to take everything, that doesn't have to do slavery, away from the history of that era.

EDIT: But, then, why should we expect those with advanced degrees in slavery, see anything other than slavery? It's like asking one of the Mac store tools to explain streaming video. Are they gonna say anything about Flash? "Flash? What's that? Does Flash even exist anymore?"

how, exactly, was my statement on perry false? that was the name of the place. he squirmed to explain it away. he personally leased the place. are you caught up on the word lodge. my word, i generally call place devoted to hunting and fishing lodges. maybe the ones i've been to are nicer than perry's camp but i doubt it

This is evidence that Lincoln wanted a war to serve his vision of Henry Clay's "American Plan", which required a drastic change of the American political landscape and the underpinnings of American founding economic phlosophy. There were many proposals for the peaceful settlement of the slavery issue.