'Thank you SO much'

The Poojer

if you are looking for a thank you for holding a door open, then you are doing it for the wrong reason....

THAT said...for a couple three females, I always hold the door from the outside and once they pass i go through the door, that's the way I expect it. I take public transportation to work and one of the transportation centers is at the king of prussia mall, so often times a group of us get off the bus and maybe i lead the way to the mall entrance door, often times holding the door open on the outside just isn't a viable option, so i push the door open and hold it ajar for the next person to enter and keep the flow going....i cannot tell you how many times i do that and people pass through the door and do not do the same thing....that 'get's my goat' every single time.

I do my best to act 'the gentleman', but there are too many people in this world with zero sense of social protocol(perhaps i expect too much or am off base with my understanding of social graces/manners).

I get annoyed too easily by senseless things....

Better than the oblivious morons who say nothing when you hold the door open for them

Better than the oblivious morons who say nothing when you hold the door open for them

I just say, "You're welcome!" even if they don't say anything. That usually gets their attention and then say something like, "Oh, sorry, thank you."

When did we change from 'Thank you VERY much'

I've noticed its the standard way to say it now....it annoys me!

I'm with you. This does bug me. The even shorter, "Thanks so much," gets on my nerves even more. "Thanks much," makes me want to spit nails.

How about, "yup," or "mm hmm," as a response to a thank you, rather than, "you're welcome."

That bugs me even more than "thank you so much."

I've recently caught myself saying, "you bet," to certain people in response to their thank yous; oddly enough, I find myself saying it to the younger crowd.

I don't know how I feel about that.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was just looking at this girl's page the other day and EVERY SINGLE PICTURE she had her hand on her hip and was posing. I was thoroughly annoyed.

The fish lips on every single self-portrait pic are what get on my nerves.

if you are looking for a thank you for holding a door open, then you are doing it for the wrong reason....

Looking for and expecting are two different things.

I just say, "You're welcome!" even if they don't say anything. That usually gets their attention and then say something like, "Oh, sorry, thank you."

You and me both. And then I kick them in the nutz for extra emphasis.

:D

and don't get me started on the 'facebook chicken wing pose'

http://davidsonnews....cken-wing-pose/

I have no idea what that is.

most excellent point!

Why thank you. My pleasure.

and don't get me started on the 'facebook chicken wing pose'

http://davidsonnews....cken-wing-pose/

Ok I just looked at my niece's FB pictures and I see what you mean. Really now, that bothers you? I've not paid it much attention. The fish lips however..............

Oh and is "spank you very much" ok? That's what my wife and I say to each other.

If I say, "ex-squeeze me?" it makes my wife want to punch me.

Actually my wife says "exsqueeze me" more than spank you very much. As a matter of fact she says it every time she burps so she says it quite a lot. :lol:

Reminds me of a story. I worked at a French restaurant with a very French Maitre d'. He got a ticket and after the cop handed it to him he said, in his very think French accent "!@#$ you very much"

I find it very annoying when people sign off their emails with "Best". "Best" what?

I sometimes use "Best." I've always viewed it as short for All the Best, or Best Wishes. I use "Regards," more than "Best," and I normally only sign off with any kind of letter ending if it's an external email.

I just read through this thread and I have to tell you that you all sound like a bunch of old ninnies bickering in the common area of your old folks' home. I don't this like this--I don't like that...these kids today...no respect...

Now, take your time and figure out exactly how you want to thank me for pointing this out to you.

:nana:

I just read through this thread and I have to tell you that you all sound like a bunch of old ninnies bickering in the common area of your old folks' home. I don't this like this--I don't like that...these kids today...no respect...

Now, take your time and figure out exactly how you want to thank me for pointing this out to you.

You may just lose your victory in "Last post wins" over this....

Mine is simply "Thanks"

I sometimes use "Best." I've always viewed it as short for All the Best, or Best Wishes. I use "Regards," more than "Best," and I normally only sign off with any kind of letter ending if it's an external email.

Unless its maria menunos...she's hot...correct about 'vocal fry'

Thank yooouuaaaahhhh is more annoying than any of these. This is usually uttered by overly dramatic young women who often also have the equally annoying "vocal fry" habit.

How to thank you?? Easy....!@#$ OFF!!!