Ppp.. ppp... Powerball!!!!

Just Jack

since 1997 the numbers 1-30 came up in any of the white balls 55.53%(4570/8230) and 31-59 44.47%(3660/8230). I told you i needed a work break

They don't.....

59 total numbers (balls)

1 in 59 chance of any particular number coming up first, 1.69%

For that number to be 1 through 30 - 50.84%

For that number to be 31 through 59 - 49.15%

It may just seem that way to your cow-orker.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since 1997 the numbers 1-30 came up in any of the white balls 55.53%(4570/8230) and 31-59 44.47%(3660/8230). I told you i needed a work break

If you want another break....

10 12 30 43 48 and 13

And I can tell you right now, they've never come up as winners since PB started in NY. Just interested in the percentages.

10 - average rank of 23.4

12 - avearge rank of 20.2

30 - average rank of 18.4

43 - average rank of 21.4

48 - average rank of 18.4

13 - ranks as 22 most common PB

If you want another break....

10 12 30 43 48 and 13

And I can tell you right now, they've never come up as winners since PB started in NY. Just interested in the percentages.

Second ticket reportedly turned in....

16 NJ garage workers have $448M Powerball ticket

Gotta suck for them. Initially thinking you'll get $28 Million each (before taxes), then finding out three tickets won so you're only getting $9.3 Million (before taxes) each.

Seriously. How are they supposed to live on that?

Seriously. How are they supposed to live on that?

After taxes (say 50%) they net out $4.65 million. At 5% that earns you about $230,000 per year. That's not a huge amount of money. And that's if you don't spend a big chunk of it right up front on trips, cars, homes etc, etc.

After taxes (say 50%) they net out $4.65 million. At 5% that earns you about $230,000 per year. That's not a huge amount of money. And that's if you don't spend a big chunk of it right up front on trips, cars, homes etc, etc.

Also depends on where you live. $230k per year is a nice but not extravagant amount of money in places like NYC and SF. Also, playing into it is your level of debt. If you are debt free $230k would situate you very well. To your point you buy an expensive house,, a car or two, a boat, a second house, etc that money could be gone very quickly. This is how pro athletes burn through so much cash so quickly.

WHAT?!? I won Powerball and you're telling me I have to muddle through an upper-middle class existence on $230K a year??

I want mansions, yachts and a fleet of luxury cars that I never drive!!

Keep in mind Chef is talking $235k interest...u still have the principal in the bank

Also depends on where you live. $230k per year is a nice but not extravagant amount of money in places like NYC and SF. Also, playing into it is your level of debt. If you are debt free $230k would situate you very well. To your point you buy an expensive house,, a car or two, a boat, a second house, etc that money could be gone very quickly. This is how pro athletes burn through so much cash so quickly.

ABC just said on their evening news, they'll get $3.5 Million after taxes.

And I could live on $230K/year. Just have to rent a Gulfstream instead of buying one.

Keep in mind Chef is talking $235k interest...u still have the principal in the bank

That you can't touch unless you want that annual income to go $235k....$230k....$200k.....$175k.......$150k........and we're not even adjusting for inflation yet.

Once you start pulling out principal and expecting the same income that money goes down the drain real quickly.

ABC just said on their evening news, they'll get $3.5 Million after taxes.

And I could live on $230K/year. Just have to rent a Gulfstream instead of buying one.

Save, save, save and you can retire on $3.5 mill. Screw the lottery, even though my wife played it.

I think I could be very well off on clearing 125,000 per year.

I could get by too netting that out but here in the Bay Area you'd still have to be careful. That's why $200mill plus would be so cool. So much you could do with that kind of money. You could go vacation in Europe or the Caribbean for a month or longer and not bat an eye. At $125k you can't. Also you can be a heck of a lot more charitable with that kind of money.

My friend clears 171,000 after taxes.. He has been collecting for 10 years. He just turned 55. His accountant told him to put 20 thousand a way a year and he would be able to collect the same amount for 9 more years.. He worked for the town for 25 years and will start getting a pension at 60 from the town..

It would be cool to get that lucky and collect 200 million. I have several things that I would do with that kind of money..

My friend clears 171,000 after taxes.. He has been collecting for 10 years. He just turned 55. His accountant told him to put 20 thousand a way a year and he would be able to collect the same amount for 9 more years.. He worked for the town for 25 years and will start getting a pension at 60 from the town..

It would be cool to get that lucky and collect 200 million. I have several things that I would do with that kind of money..

I'm not sure I'm following your numbers but you put $20k away for 9 years will give you a rocking $12k of income a year. Bottom line: never take financial planning advice from an accountant. :D

i read it to mean if when he started clearing the 177K, put 20K away a year for the 30 years and you would extend the monthly 177K payout for an additional 9 years, taking into account interest....course i could be mistaken as i am not a financial expert, nor a chef

I'm not sure I'm following your numbers but you put $20k away for 9 years will give you a rocking $12k of income a year. Bottom line: never take financial planning advice from an accountant. :D

20 grand for the 20 year payout, to me numbers did not add up.. even for 20 years. He said when he went to lottery headquarters seven people form the lottery sat him down and told him you just won a lot of money but it can go very fast. they told him not to loan money to friends which he did and found out that his friends just wanted the money.. says he finds it hard to put 20 thousand away each year. wishes he did things differently.

20 grand for the 20 year payout, to me numbers did not add up.. even for 20 years. He said when he went to lottery headquarters seven people form the lottery sat him down and told him you just won a lot of money but it can go very fast. they told him not to loan money to friends which he did and found out that his friends just wanted the money.. says he finds it hard to put 20 thousand away each year. wishes he did things differently.

Still not sure I follow. If he needs help PM me.