Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

It depends more on whether or not you're a moron.

You know very well that's horsesh!t. A 25 year old in the beginning of a career vs a 65 year old ready for retirement are completely different with regard to having time to recover from a major financial portfolio hit.

Doesn't have anything to do with being a moron.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you don't see the problem with assigning all the negative aspects of urban decay and classifying it as "Black" Culture?

That's why you're an ass. That's why your argument fails. That's why you have no idea what you're talking about in this discussion. You claim to only deal with realities yet the reality you're propping up is a mirage.

It's poor deductive reasoning and ill conceived logic that has led you down this path. Now I'll ask again, show me a full SPEECH or ARTICLE where one of your esteemed "black intellectuals" use the term Black Culture in the way you are using it.

I'll wait.

You don't see the inherent sociological/historical/racial problems that are stirred up when you make the statement that "thug culture" and "black culture" are synonymous? It shows ignorance of the reality of the situation and the root causes of the numbers you and Tasker are holding up as proof. It also makes it very easy to dismiss anything you might bring to the conversation because you're starting from a very uneducated point of view.

I haven't indicated anyone is racist. Nor am I a fan of being PC. In fact, quite the opposite.

Greg, I thought you were brighter than what you are showing today. On more than one ocassion in this thread I've clearly stated that the "Black Culture" TYTT was referring to is not black culture. In fact there are many different versions of what might be called black culture. The black from Jamaica doesn't have the same culture as the black from Kenya or Haiti. I said you could name "Black Culture" anything you wanted to describe the undesirable traits that have been discussed here. Quit playing your bs game of conflating "Black Culture" with black cultures (of which there are many).

You know very well that's horsesh!t. A 25 year old in the beginning of a career vs a 65 year old ready for retirement are completely different with regard to having time to recover from a major financial portfolio hit.

Doesn't have a anything to do with being a moron.

You know what you call someone who's ready for retirement, but has their retirement allocated in such a way that they take a major hit from a market crash?

A moron.

You know what you call someone who's ready for retirement, but has their retirement allocated in such a way that they take a major hit from a market crash?

A moron.

Okay, there are quite a few morons in the United States of America.

You know I can't blame you guys for your beliefs my father thought the same way - he'd tell me about people you can't trust, who thought about nothing but criminal activity, who thought nothing about using violence to achieve their pilfer, and then just spent all their ill gotten gains on flashy clothes, cars and jewelry - of course he was talking about Italians.

And you know what? He was right. Big phucking deal. It used to be the Italians and now it's the blacks. If the blacks really don't like it, they should maybe do something to improve the reality. Instead, you hear a black person say what I just said, and he's an Uncle Tom.

The black leaders, for lack of a better phrase, are embarrassing. That anyone of any color would use the embarrassing stupidity of Al Sharpton as an authority on anything other than how to harm the black community tells you everything you need to know.

I'm not trying to be dense here -- but I don't understand what you're getting at. I'm not supporting policy or even advocating one. I'm debating context and causation.

It's been discussed a lot in this and other threads. Look up OC's voluminous tomes, or ask someone for the cliff notes version.

But basically it started with a feel good effort to put black families in massive housing projects, that after the waves of urban riots in late 60s made them virtual islands because the private sector ran away from the cities, while the government thought that pouring more money into public works would stabilize the projects. Without private investment coming into the neighborhoods, people became more dependent on the public state. The drug crime wave of '80s further depleted the neighborhoods. But to blame the drug wave of the '80s for the blight is ridiculous, because most of the damage had been done in the preceding 20 years.

But the biggest crime is making the people fully dependent on the government dole and by treating them as second class citizens with the quiet soft racism of low expectations. Oh woe the black family who can't get by without government assistance (or by extension the benevolence of the kind white people)

You know I can't blame you guys for your beliefs my father thought the same way - he'd tell me about people you can't trust, who thought about nothing but criminal activity, who thought nothing about using violence to achieve their pilfer, and then just spent all their ill gotten gains on flashy clothes, cars and jewelry - of course he was talking about Italians.

Which it was and now it's the blacks. Why have we all become such chicken ***** too afraid to call a black problem?

And you know what? He was right. Big phucking deal. It used to be the Italians and now it's the blacks. If the blacks really don't like it, they should maybe do something to improve the reality. Instead, you hear a black person say what I just said, and he's an Uncle Tom.

The black leaders, for lack of a better phrase, are embarrassing. That anyone of any color would use the embarrassing stupidity of Al Sharpton as an authority on anything other than how to harm the black community tells you everything you need to know.

Let's be correct. It was some Italians, just like now it's some Blacks. Al Sharpton, for the record, is no leader at all. He's just a another media hungry attention whore who's on the liberal gravy train.

And you don't see the problem with assigning all the negative aspects of urban decay and classifying it as "Black" Culture?

Tell you what. Come with me and we'll take a drive through some of the worst neighborhoods of Oakland. Take a good look around and tell me the color of the skin of 99.9% of the people there.

As I answered before, the answer to that would take a book. And there are hundreds of books out there on the subject written from all perspectives.

The Book:

Page One

Social Programs.

The End.

The

Doesn't have anything to do with being a moron.

We recovered quite nicely and rather quickly from the major financial portfolio hit which should not have hurt the 65 year old that much seeing the money they needed to live off of the next few year should have had very little or no exposure to risk. Ya moron.

A moron.

Sorry to be redudant.

Okay, there are quite a few morons in the United States of America.

But it's Wall Street's fault. Yeah you are bad at this stuff.

Tell you what. Come with me and we'll take a drive through some of the worst neighborhoods of Oakland. Take a good look around and tell me the color of the skin of 99.9% of the people there.

The Book:

Page One

Social Programs.

The End.

The

We recovered quite nicely and rather quickly from the major financial portfolio hit which should not have hurt the 65 year old that much seeing the money they needed to live off of the next few year should have had very little or no exposure to risk. Ya moron.

Sorry to be redudant.

But it's Wall Street's fault. Yeah you are bad at this stuff.

Thanks for the :lol:

Which it was and now it's the blacks. Why have we all become such chicken ***** too afraid to call a black problem?

and the Italians had the American Italian Anti-Defamation League and the Italian American Civil Rights league, the reason being that the majority don't want to be labeled by what is really a problem of a small minority of their group.

Answer me this. If you think morons are the ones who screwed themselves by taking on too much risk at retirement how is this Wall Street's fault?

Do you have any understanding of the Commodities Futures Modernization Act and the intertwining of Investment and Commercial Banking that began the mess that ultimately put the economy on the brink in 2008-2009?

If not, then get back to me when you do.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's been discussed a lot in this and other threads. Look up OC's voluminous tomes, or ask someone for the cliff notes version.

But basically it started with a feel good effort to put black families in massive housing projects, that after the waves of urban riots in late 60s made them virtual islands because the private sector ran away from the cities, while the government thought that pouring more money into public works would stabilize the projects. Without private investment coming into the neighborhoods, people became more dependent on the public state. The drug crime wave of '80s further depleted the neighborhoods. But to blame the drug wave of the '80s for the blight is ridiculous, because most of the damage had been done in the preceding 20 years.

But the biggest crime is making the people fully dependent on the government dole and by treating them as second class citizens with the quiet soft racism of low expectations. Oh woe the black family who can't get by without government assistance (or by extension the benevolence of the kind white people)

Lets say what really happened - basically black migration from the south to urban north generally to fairly well paying jobs that required hard manual labor but not much education, then a reversal of employment opportunities as mechanization and automation reduced the need for manual labor- and at this point there was a problem with social programs as there was help for women with dependent children but no help for intact families.

and the Italians had the American Italian Anti-Defamation League and the Italian American Civil Rights league, the reason being that the majority don't want to be labeled by what is really a problem of a small minority of their group.

So instead of fixing the problem withing their culture they pointed their fingers at others and said "stop picking on us!!" :rolleyes:

Do you have any understanding of the Commodities Futures Modernization Act and the intertwining of Investment and Commercial Banking that began the mess that ultimately put the economy on the brink in 2008-2009?

If not, then get back to me when you do.

Yeah I do. What's your point?

Only it isn't a minority of the group. It's the majority in many cases, and a plurality in all others. 2/3 of black children are fatherless. 50% of black men don't graduate from high school. There are an abundance of these sorts of incredibly sad statistics.

Yeah I do. What's your point?

If you indeed do, then you should already understand the point. It's simply not worth it for me to get into a long discussion with you that ultimately ends in name calling if we disagree on something.

I've already engaged in enough of that today.

If you indeed do, then you should already understand the point. It's simply not worth it for me to get into a long discussion with you that ultimately ends in name calling if we disagree on something.

I've already engaged in enough of that today.

No I'm just trying to point out that your blaming a whole industry (Wall Street = Financial) on one part of it is narrow minded. Did it !@#$ things up a lot? Sure but to say CFMA = Wall Street = The Financial Industry is just ignorant.

Edited by Chef Jim

No I'm just trying to point out that your blaming a whole industry (Wall Street = Financial) on one part of it is narrow minded. Did it !@#$ things up a lot? Sure but to say CFMA = Wall Street = The Financial Industry is just ignorant.

You're right, I should have spent the entire day listing each investment bank, commercial bank, and all of the execs involved who did the damage. My bad. :rolleyes: