Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 7/30/2013

Extra Points

1. The first thing on everyone's mind is, how did the Quarterbacks look? Well, to be honest, I'm not that impressed. Kevin Kolb reminds me of a poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick. His deep ball is not that good and his accuracy wasn't that great today. He made a bunch of bad decisions. Although, to be fair, Pettine is throwing the house at Kolb. I've seen a lot of pressure and quite a bit of blitzing when Kolb is out there.

A bit scary, but not surprising. Maybe the Bills cut the wrong veteran QB heading into camp?

WR Chris Hogan was a star of Hard Knocks for the dolphins last year, playing the role of the long shot underdog. I am pulling for Da'Rick over Hogan since he is an un-recycled long shot underdog.

Da'Rick is not what I would call a long shot. He has first round talent. He fell over character issues, but if he keeps himself in line he will be a lock for the final roster and will also be seeing aging time.

These guys are locks for roster barring no injury and no off field issues: Stevie, Woods, TJ Goodwin, Rogers. Final spot will be a battle between Hogan, Easley, and Smith.

Lot of people think because Smith reatructured that he will now be on final roster, but I don't agree. Him restructuring was only chance to make final roster, but his spot is still not secured.

My money was on Easley over Smith before based on physical traits and upside, but sounds like this Hogan kid is making an early case for himself and is a contender.

Da'Rick is not what I would call a long shot. He has first round talent. He fell over character issues, but if he keeps himself in line he will be a lock for the final roster and will also be seeing aging time.

These guys are locks for roster barring no injury and no off field issues: Stevie, Woods, TJ Goodwin, Rogers. Final spot will be a battle between Hogan, Easley, and Smith.

Lot of people think because Smith reatructured that he will now be on final roster, but I don't agree. Him restructuring was only chance to make final roster, but his spot is still not secured.

My money was on Easley over Smith before based on physical traits and upside, but sounds like this Hogan kid is making an early case for himself and is a contender.

I'm not shilling for Brad Smith, but I don't agree with your take on this. Just yesterday Marrone specifically commented on Brad's leadership role, and called him a "core member of ST." That doesn't sound to me like a guy who is fighting for a job against Easley and Hogan. Why no Kaufman in that mix, by the way?

At this point I do agree the job is Rogers' to lose. Easley will have to blow their socks off to make this team -- just don't see it happening.

I'm not shilling for Brad Smith, but I don't agree with your take on this. Just yesterday Marrone specifically commented on Brad's leadership role, and called him a "core member of ST." That doesn't sound to me like a guy who is fighting for a job against Easley and Hogan. Why no Kaufman in that mix, by the way?

At this point I do agree the job is Rogers' to lose. Easley will have to blow their socks off to make this team -- just don't see it happening.

i think kaufman is pretty tailor made for the practice squad this year.

Special teams ability is usually the difference and Smith is good in all facets. That gives him a leg up. If Easley could master that role, I'd take a flyer on him but that remains to be seen.

GO BILLS!!!