The Destruction of North Carolina

Moral Mondays still make national news from time to time. Every Monday and Tuesday they make state news here on a few TV stations. They'll usually mention the info objected to and then show someone getting arrested and lead out in handcuffs.

In a previous life I was a journalist in NC in a small area outside Asheville, and education was one of my beats. This included covering the school board which, at times, was like watching a football player tongue another man with cake, but we can talk about "things progressives like to watch" later.

Fast forward 30 years and many of the teachers I covered back then are in my FB timeline, and it's difficult to remain silent with the Moral Monday stuff. They've convinced themselves that getting arrested is somehow good for their cause, in spite of the fact that most of the arrests are pre-arranged with the police for easy arrest and release for a fine.

In truth, it appears virtually everyone I knew in my previous life is either a full-boat flaming birdog progressive or mindless statist like gatorman, so my time on FB has dropped a lot in the past year.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a previous life I was a journalist in NC in a small area outside Asheville, and education was one of my beats. This included covering the school board which, at times, was like watching a football player tongue another man with cake, but we can talk about "things progressives like to watch" later.

Fast forward 30 years and many of the teachers I covered back then are in my FB timeline, and it's difficult to remain silent with the Moral Monday stuff. They've convinced themselves that getting arrested is somehow good for their cause, in spite of the fact that most of the arrests are pre-arranged with the police for easy arrest and release for a fine.

In truth, it appears virtually everyone I knew in my previous life is either a full-boat flaming birdog progressive or mindless statist like gatorman, so my time on FB has dropped a lot in the past year.

I've actually been texting a friend/ex/something of mine the last hour or so. She is a teacher, educated in Ohio and lured down here to this small county to teach. She said it is mostly on the county level that the action actually happens.

"Its big talk, They tried bribing us with a raise to give up our tenure."

"We all know that tenure will be nonexistent in a few years, the bribe was just to satisfy people for a short time."

on the county being a larger player

"no kidding, there is a new boss in town..." and she began making changes the first two weeks she was here. The changes included removing non tenured overpaid staff, stream lining many processes and waste.

Fact about my county:

Of 100 counties, we are 15th in population for the state. 162,695 peoples. 31st in size, 567 sq mi.

We are the only one with three independent school systems.

We are bordered on the North by Guilford (495,279) and Forsythe (354,952) the third and fourth largest counties in the state (which also border each other). We have two of the larger, more popular counties with Rowan (138,019) and Randolph (142,358) also bordering us, both of them investing heavily in creating a better community.

And back to my mentioning of three independent school systems? You know who is most against merging three school systems, take a wild guess. Teachers. They know many would be fired and laid off, replaced and/or forced to retire. The schools consist of two city schools which are generally churning out below average students and a county school system which turns out above average students in the two schools that would be most affected by merging the schools.

In other words, parents at North and Central do not want the city schools to bring them down. You can't blame them.

The other kicker is that we just passed a sales tax in the county to fund a new school in 10 years. The current county schools are very crowded and for the last ever the county always raided from the educational coffers to support their own agenda - which I will hold off on for now. But, yeah, blame the State all you want and blame McCrory. Blame someone because we have to but don't ever blame the ones who did it to themselves. The ones who kept local government local.

i have friends on my fb page that are more conservative than you (albeit more polite). i just ignore most of their political posts and they seem to ignore mine. none of us post them very much. it's more fun and effective at keeping frineds, scrapping with complete strangers here.

i can certainly see where asheville and you weren't a good fit. it'd be like me living in the buckle of the bible belt...oh, wait..

i have friends on my fb page that are more conservative than you (albeit more polite). i just ignore most of their political posts and they seem to ignore mine. none of us post them very much. it's more fun and effective at keeping frineds, scrapping with complete strangers here.

i can certainly see where asheville and you weren't a good fit. it'd be like me living in the buckle of the bible belt...oh, wait..

See, that's the difference. As a lib you have friends and can afford to have them living the high life. As cons we are too bitter and tight with our money to afford friends.

And once again, Uncle Joe pops up his snoring head to randomly yell "The monkey nose is in the jar! Got 'em if you see 'em, boys!"

It makes perfect sense... You guys are all crying poor mouth now when a few years ago you were living the high life. I guess dinner is now on me ****.

I really hope you stop your mommy from eating penis on Monday too.

Good old Uncle Joe strikes again... Dumbazz.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It makes perfect sense... You guys are all crying poor mouth now when a few years ago you were living the high life. I guess dinner is now on me ****.

[Chef Jim enters C R Y I N G P O O R M O U T H into his EII secret decoder ring and it instantly bursts in to flames]

Well, like you always say, you can spot the handlebar if you don't roll the pruning shears.

Well, like you always say, you can spot the handlebar if you don't roll the pruning shears.

Jesus... Now I will have to reach for the secret decoder:

LABillz mother rides bicycles with no seats on as Chef Jim tries to run her off the road.

I think I got it.

[Chef Jim enters C R Y I N G P O O R M O U T H into his EII secret decoder ring and it instantly bursts in to flames]

Not so much you... You are consistently smug, San Fran is doing its job. I was referring to jboyst's comment:

"As cons we are too bitter and tight with our money to afford friends."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Jesus... Now I will have to reach for the secret decoder:

LABillz mother rides bicycles with no seats on as Chef Jim tries to run her off the road.

I think I got it.

Not so much you... You are consistently smug, San Fran is doing its job. I was referring to jboyst's comment:

"As cons we are too bitter and tight with our money to afford friends."

I know what you were saying. I just didn't expect it in authentic frontier gibberish Gabby.

I know what you were saying. I just didn't expect it in authentic frontier gibberish Gabby.

When all else fails, never forget the important words of old crazy Uncle Joe: "How would you know the rabbit if you didn't spit the iron on the pending rotation?

how the bloody hell does EII take what I said, complete nonsense and idiocy seriously and goes above and beyond anything I could manage with my best effort!

I am amazed EII. Amazed.

My best guess is that Asian carp are hallucinogenic.