Help me break the law

Hey fellas,

I'm a longtime, active member of TBD, and I'm in the process of pitching production companies and networks on picking up my show, Breaking the Law. Top networks include Discovery and History.

Breaking the Law investigates victimless crimes and the everyday American lawbreaker. With Congress introducing 55 new crimes each year — and 50 states and 40,000 cities following suit daily — we show how it’s pretty much impossible to not break the law. In the process, we break as many laws as humanly possible.

• Here's our network promo.
    [/media]
  • Our first
    , which just went out.

If you think the project is up your alley, I would love a like and a share. Also, if you have any critical feedback, please let me know. (Be aware this ENTIRE project is pro-bono, and I am well aware of the production issues)

Thanks guys.

FYI, if we are picked up, our fourth episode will be in NYC. Would like to come to Buffalo in the second season! Hopefully during the fall.

Make sure you keep the topics broad. Don't get too focused on niche issues hipsters would care about. I dare say home brewing is one of them.

In your breaks do some clips relevant to the shows them - it is illegal to kiss a woman while drunk on Sundays in Booniesville, AL. It is illegal to whip it out on public streets in AL. You know, like History does with their crap shows.

Make it educational, too. Throw in info to tell how it all began. Weed became illegal when Hearst got butthurt about histimber interests blablabla... Bring it full circle to how it effects the issue.

Oh, and add some silly arrests on there, too. Jim Bob got arrested in WV for putting lipstick on his goat. Mary got arrested for wearing colored stockings in PA.

Have the girl show skin. Tank tops, tight jeans, etc.

Make sure you keep the topics broad. Don't get too focused on niche issues hipsters would care about. I dare say home brewing is one of them.

In your breaks do some clips relevant to the shows them - it is illegal to kiss a woman while drunk on Sundays in Booniesville, AL. It is illegal to whip it out on public streets in AL. You know, like History does with their crap shows.

Make it educational, too. Throw in info to tell how it all began. Weed became illegal when Hearst got butthurt about histimber interests blablabla... Bring it full circle to how it effects the issue.

Oh, and add some silly arrests on there, too. Jim Bob got arrested in WV for putting lipstick on his goat. Mary got arrested for wearing colored stockings in PA.

Have the girl show skin. Tank tops, tight jeans, etc.

That hussy.

And mods (SDS): This isn't an advert, I'm not making any money off this, and this is a political show on a political forum. Thought everyone here would appreciate it.

If there is a better forum for this, please let me know.

I'm sure you're fine here. The mods here are adults.

I'd love to see a show like this catch on with american viewers. a little push back from a public irritated over not being allowed to do what they perceive as harmless and 'no one else's damn business anyway' is a good thing, imo. good luck with the show!

Hey fellas,

I'm a longtime, active member of TBD, and I'm in the process of pitching production companies and networks on picking up my show, Breaking the Law. Top networks include Discovery and History.

Breaking the Law investigates victimless crimes and the everyday American lawbreaker. With Congress introducing 55 new crimes each year — and 50 states and 40,000 cities following suit daily — we show how it’s pretty much impossible to not break the law. In the process, we break as many laws as humanly possible.

• Here's our network promo. [/media]
  • Our first
    , which just went out.

If you think the project is up your alley, I would love a like and a share. Also, if you have any critical feedback, please let me know. (Be aware this ENTIRE project is pro-bono, and I am well aware of the production issues)

Thanks guys.

FYI, if we are picked up, our fourth episode will be in NYC. Would like to come to Buffalo in the second season! Hopefully during the fall.

Well, the plot of the NYC episode is clear. How long do you think you have before you're popped with that Big Gulp?

Ha ha. The Big Gulp ban is done. A court overruled Bloomberg.

I could do an entire season on NYC and never even mention soda. But Bloomberg might give me a stern finger wagging if he does see me with one.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

Rhode Island Idiocy:

Cap guns are Illegal:

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-13

Explosives and Fireworks

SECTION 11-13-4

� 11-13-4 Toy canes or devices for firing blanks. � No person or persons shall sell, expose for sale, possess with intent to sell or use, or discharge or use, within this state, any repeating toy cane for discharging any explosive, any toy pistol, or any other toy device designed or used for the discharge of blank cartridges.

Ropes may not be strung across a highway.

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-22

Highways

SECTION 11-22-15

� 11-22-15 Wire strung across highways. � No wire shall be strung across a highway less than fourteen (14) feet above the surface of the highway. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than five hundred dollars ($500).

No one may bite off the leg of another person:

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-29

Mayhem

SECTION 11-29-1

� 11-29-1 Penalty for mutilation or disabling. � Every person who shall voluntarily, maliciously or of purpose put out an eye, slit the nose, ear, or lip, or cut off, bite off, or disable any limb or member of another, shall be imprisoned not exceeding twenty (20) years nor less than one year.

Impersonating a town sealer, auctioneer, corder of wood, or a fence-viewer is against the law:

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-14

False Personation

SECTION 11-14-2

� 11-14-2 Impersonation of town sealer, auctioneer, corder, or fence-viewer. � Every person who shall falsely assume or pretend to be a town sealer of weights and measures, auctioneer, corder of wood, or fence-viewer, and shall act as such, shall be fined not less than twenty dollars ($20.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100).

Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing, or testing the speed of the horse is illegal:

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-22

Highways

SECTION 11-22-11

11-22-11 Testing speed of horse. � Every person who shall drive any horse over any of the public highways, for the purpose of racing or trying the speed of the horse, shall be fined not more than twenty dollars ($20.00) or imprisoned not exceeding ten (10) days.

Exercising any labor, business, or work, or using any game, sport, play, or recreation, or causing any of the above to be done to or by your children, servants, or apprentices on the first day of the week (Sunday) results in a penalty of $5 for the first offense and $10 for the second.

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-40

Sunday Laws

SECTION 11-40-1

� 11-40-1 Work or recreation on Sunday prohibited. � Except as provided in �� 5-22-6 � 5-22-11, inclusive, every person who shall do or exercise any labor or business or work of his or her ordinary calling, or use any game, sport, play, or recreation on the first day of the week, or suffer it to be done or used by his or her children, servants or apprentices, works of necessity and charity only excepted, shall be fined not exceeding five dollars ($5.00) for the first offense and ten dollars ($10.00) for the second and every subsequent offense; provided, further, however, that the above prohibitions shall not apply to any person or persons operating or functioning under a valid permit or license.

Professional sports, except ice polo and hockey, must obtain a license to play games on Sunday.

TITLE 41

Sports, Racing, and Athletics

CHAPTER 41-6

Athletic Games on Sunday

SECTION 41-6-3

� 41-6-3 Professional games permissible by license. � Professional athletic games, except ice polo and hockey, may be played and held in any city or town on the first day of the week under a license therefor issued by the licensing authorities of the town or city in the manner designated under this chapter; provided, however, that the bureau of licenses of the city of Providence may license ice polo and hockey to be played or held in rinks or other enclosed buildings on the first day of the week.

One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left.

31-15-4 Overtaking on left.

The following rules shall govern the overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction, subject to those limitations, exceptions, and special rules stated in this section:

(1) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall give a timely, audible signal and shall pass to the left at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.

(2) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of the front vehicle on the audible signal of the overtaking vehicle shall give way to the right, and shall not increase speed until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

And here are some ridiculous city/town ordinances in Rhose Island:

In Newport, RI you cannot smoke a pipe after sunset.

In Providence, RI you cannot sell both toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on Sundays.

In Scituate, RI it is illegal to drive down the street with beer in your car, even if the beer in unopened.

No one may bite off the leg of another person:

TITLE 11

Criminal Offenses

CHAPTER 11-29

Mayhem

SECTION 11-29-1

� 11-29-1 Penalty for mutilation or disabling. � Every person who shall voluntarily, maliciously or of purpose put out an eye, slit the nose, ear, or lip, or cut off, bite off, or disable any limb or member of another, shall be imprisoned not exceeding twenty (20) years nor less than one year.

this one certainly fuels the imagination.

RI, here we come. I'll make sure we bring a cap gun, rope, beer, pipe, toothbrush and toothpaste with us.

For the record, I kind of agree with the not biting the leg off of another person ... although that could be covered under general mutilation or assault.

I'd love to see a show like this catch on with american viewers. a little push back from a public irritated over not being allowed to do what they perceive as harmless and 'no one else's damn business anyway' is a good thing, imo. good luck with the show!

This 1000x. As I am becoming older and wiser More and more I am hating NY for being an over glorified Nancy government controlled day care center.