Home Depot vs Lowes

Bufcomments

Did they do anything in terms of refunds or apologies or anything?

nope we had to fight them tooth and nail just to get the work done correctly

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started to watch that, but then I realized I mis-read the title. I thought it was Holmes on Homies, and the Holmes was Katie, so I turned it off when I realized my error.

Maybe I'll try it again.

Iol I thought It was Larry Holmes and he got an new reno show. Much like another 80s guy Reverend from RUN DMC.

http://www.diynetwor...show/index.html

That said I don't really have a preference. For me it's a matter of convenience. I have a Lowes right across the street from work and I scoot over there sometimes. I have a Home Depot closer to home that I use. There is also a ACE Hardware even closer to home I use sometimes.

Edited by Dante

Bwah. Lowes contractors? A cousin of mine actually works for Lowes, does roofing on the side and does contract work for Lowes, too. He does a very good job, I've seen his work. His biggest grumble is that most of the customers have no idea what reality is when they're asking for something.

But, it amazes me how people will shop around for a good mechanic but just go to a box store for home improvement.

Then again, I do most of my own work. I just watch enough Youtubes and read enough to learn to do things. When that fails I have many alternatives for help.

A little OT, but i swear by Angies list when i cannot get a referral from someone.

I go referral all the way. I have never used a box store contractor. My real estate agent has been great with getting us started with our general contractor. From there is was referrals from other guys. Ask the painter for a landscape guy. Ask the plumber for an electrician. Then go to yelp and then ask to see some of their work at other properties.

Kind of like when I go to wine country. When I'm at a winery I tell them what I like and ask them where to go next. They know the best because their in the industry.

Bwah. Lowes contractors? A cousin of mine actually works for Lowes, does roofing on the side and does contract work for Lowes, too. He does a very good job, I've seen his work. His biggest grumble is that most of the customers have no idea what reality is when they're asking for something.

But, it amazes me how people will shop around for a good mechanic but just go to a box store for home improvement.

Then again, I do most of my own work. I just watch enough Youtubes and read enough to learn to do things. When that fails I have many alternatives for help.

So this was your plance I was wondering who did the work. Good job man! :thumbsup:

springfield_mo.jpg

Home Depot vs Lowes?

my local hardware store!

You are right. Better stick to Home Depot or Lowes. ;-P

We have an Ace & TruValue in town... They are okay, but most of the time they don't carry what you are looking for and you end up going Big Box anyway... And saving on top of it.

IMO, if you are DIYer (and know what you are doing) and don't want to interact with anybody, better off going Big Box.

Local hardware is great for running in and running out for small items... Fittings, etc...

I'll admit, I don't always know what I'm doing when it comes to repairs so for me it works.

So they came and installed my sliding door yesterday, door has scratches all along the top and the screen door is ripped. This is not been a good experience, and will probably be my last time using Lowe's to contract things out.

On the other hand, the store manager at Lowe's won't want to hear from my fiancee, at this rate she's going to end up with all of our money back.

I'll admit, I don't always know what I'm doing when it comes to repairs so for me it works.

So they came and installed my sliding door yesterday, door has scratches all along the top and the screen door is ripped. This is not been a good experience, and will probably be my last time using Lowe's to contract things out.

On the other hand, the store manager at Lowe's won't want to hear from my fiancee, at this rate she's going to end up with all of our money back.

How the heck did they think they were going to pull that one off? Ripped screen, scratches? Did they think they were working for Stevie Wonder? :-O

How the heck did they think they were going to pull that one off? Ripped screen, scratches? Did they think they were working for Stevie Wonder? :-O

No idea, the screen I don't stress too much about because hey it can be replaced, and it's their fault so just fix it. the door I'm going to have to get creative with to hide the scratches or make them not look as rough as they do.

Bought a dishwasher from Lowes. A ten cent nylon wheel failed on the upper rack. Went back to Lowes and got handed a card with a 1-800 number. As far as major appliances go, there is no service after the sale! You're on your own. I would never buy a major appliance from either of them.

Thank you, I am a mom and pop appliance and furniture store, and people don't understand that. If I am not the same price I maybe within $40 of them most of the time thanks to our buying group, and the local service can't be beat. We have to take care of our customers, we don't pull form the millions they do!