The NFL's best young assistant coaches under 40 according to Prisc

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/22800034/prisco-the-nfls-best-young-assistant-coaches-under-40

Nathaniel Hackett, offensive coordinator, Bills

The 33-year-old son of longtime NFL coach Paul Hackett will be in his first season as an NFL coordinator. He was the offensive coordinator at Syracuse for Bills coach Doug Marrone. He did a nice job with quarterback Ryan Nassib and the up-tempo offense. He previously worked as a quality control coach for the Bills in 2008-09.

Appears to be basing it on college work although he did work for Bills before. He also coached in NFL for Tampa Bay in 2006-07 but it is a season most Buc fans I know want to forget.

I'm excited to see what the kid can do with this offense, but I'm wondering how long before the "he's in way over his head" posts start popping up...

I think Hackett will be calling the plays - but I think He and Marrone will be building this offensive system together, and will already have alternative plays and packages in store for the various reactions the defenses they face will show them. So, in my opinion, it'll come down to how well he communicates with his players, how hard he can get them to play, how fast, and IMO, his age shouldn't have much of a negative impact on those things; in fact, it might help him to relate to these guys. He comes from football, was born into it - he's a lot older, in football years, than many other guys.

^^^^^^^^^

To add I like the fact that offensively speaking, the Head Coach has really nice credentials and the OC also has really nice credentials.

When was the last time the Bills had two bright promising offensive minds on the same staff?

Marchibroda and Tollner?

I guess you could arguably say Mularkey and Clements.

http://www.cbssports...oaches-under-40

Nathaniel Hackett, offensive coordinator, Bills

The 33-year-old son of longtime NFL coach Paul Hackett will be in his first season as an NFL coordinator. He was the offensive coordinator at Syracuse for Bills coach Doug Marrone. He did a nice job with quarterback Ryan Nassib and the up-tempo offense. He previously worked as a quality control coach for the Bills in 2008-09.

Appears to be basing it on college work although he did work for Bills before. He also coached in NFL for Tampa Bay in 2006-07 but it is a season most Buc fans I know want to forget.

Guys hasn't OC'd a single game in the NFL and he is on this list? Not much of a list. Bills will do very little on offense this year. Too many rookies and no huddle offense will not make a difference for long.

I'm excited to see what the kid can do with this offense, but I'm wondering how long before the "he's in way over his head" posts start popping up...

About week 4... put it on the calendar. Once there are 3 or 4 weeks of game film DC's all over the league will find ways to defeat the Kollege offense.