Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

BillsWatch

Phil's back and a lot more (clip ensemble from first episode):

http://www.youtube.com/embed/l1YewhQ1OOQ?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent

Not exactly like everything (especially the line "we are not exactly a team") but in general it looks good if they can keep up the production value and not resort to reusing previous scenes in recaps and other such techniques to save money. If I want to see it again I'll go on YouTube.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The really good news is Joss Whedon has a vehicle that's known, suits him very well, and is on a network that (probably) won't kill it with abject stupidity.

Expect lots of Lampshades, Waif Fu, curses in foreign languages, and shots of feet.

It looks really good. However I'm very worried it will completely ruin the superhero movies that are in full effect in Hollywood. As a fan of superhero movies, I just feel like we're getting too much crammed down our throats so much that its going to burn out.

I'll probably watch though.

On another note. Same subject since we're linking cool trailers. I believe this is just a short done by Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman for their love of the Punisher character. I believe I heard that there is not a sequel in works. But boy do I wish there was. Thomas Jane really was a great Punisher. This video is quite long for a short, but man is it awesome. Enjoy.

Edited by mrags

It looks really good. However I'm very worried it will completely ruin the superhero movies that are in full effect in Hollywood. As a fan of superhero movies, I just feel like we're getting too much crammed down our throats so much that its going to burn out.

Don't worry, Hollywood would never do that. :lol:

They already did. "Welcome to Level 7."

They showed that but it still doesn't give the explanation of how he survived that Loki stabbing. I thought they would just brush over it, but since its mentioned in the trailer, I hope we do get an actual explanation.

They showed that but it still doesn't give the explanation of how he survived that Loki stabbing. I thought they would just brush over it, but since its mentioned in the trailer, I hope we do get an actual explanation.

Expect lots of Lampshades, Waif Fu, curses in foreign languages, and shots of feet.

Welcome to Level 7.

The really good news is Joss Whedon has a vehicle that's known, suits him very well, and is on a network that (probably) won't kill it with abject stupidity.

Amen, brother...I'm holding out hope that Netflix will re-light the firefly like they have done with Arrested Development.

Amen, brother...I'm holding out hope that Netflix will re-light the firefly like they have done with Arrested Development.

Dream on pal, it'll never happen.

Of course I keep hoping that Netflix can bring back Pushing Daisies.

Dream on pal, it'll never happen.

How come you say that? The fan base for that show is bigger now than ever...have you read something that said it was dead in the water?

How come you say that? The fan base for that show is bigger now than ever...have you read something that said it was dead in the water?

Yes. Whedon himself says it's not happening.

I keep dreaming they'll bring back the original WKRP.

Pushing Daisies was very good...but far too eclectic to be successful.

Yes. Whedon himself says it's not happening.

Oh okay...that's a bummer.

WKRP is my favorite comedy of all-time. Would love to re-watch every one of those episodes.

They are going to make it part of the plot-line for whole season I suspect. Spies have secrets. I wonder if they will use any life model decoys so they can show characters dying and still keep them on show.

They are going to make it part of the plot-line for whole season I suspect. Spies have secrets.

Typical Whedon practice would have a flashback alluding to either his not dying, or his resuscitation, early mid-season.

And if you watch Avengers again (it was on last night)...yes, we saw him die, but did we? The medics got there immediately after, who's to say they didn't resuscitate him immediately? Or suspend him somehow until they could? We really only have Nick Fury's word for it that he's dead - and in the Avengers, he's already caught lying twice. And "even his secrets have secrets".

Another typical Whedon practice - he foreshadows the living **** out of things, in the most subtle ways. And he rarely explains everything, but trusts the audience to be reasonably astute...all of which is why I suspect "Welcome to Level 7" is the end of the discussion (caveat: except that, while Whedon trusts the audience to not be idiots, he conflicts with typical Disney/ABC practice there, and I don't know who'll win that battle).

I wonder if they will use any life model decoys so they can show characters dying and still keep them on show.

Yet another typical Whedon practice...didn't half the characters in Buffy "die" at one point or another?

And if you watch Avengers again (it was on last night)...yes, we saw him die, but did we? The medics got there immediately after, who's to say they didn't resuscitate him immediately? Or suspend him somehow until they could?

I seem to recall right after shot Loki with the Phase 2 weapon, he said "So that's what it does." Clearly this is a weapon of unknown power and functionality, so it's very likely the weapon had a delayed electrical shock which didn't stop his heartbeat, but froze his heart while allowing blood to continue to flow. This clearly bought the time the medics needed to save him.

Typical Whedon practice would have a flashback alluding to either his not dying, or his resuscitation, early mid-season.

And if you watch Avengers again (it was on last night)...yes, we saw him die, but did we? The medics got there immediately after, who's to say they didn't resuscitate him immediately? Or suspend him somehow until they could? We really only have Nick Fury's word for it that he's dead - and in the Avengers, he's already caught lying twice. And "even his secrets have secrets".

Another typical Whedon practice - he foreshadows the living **** out of things, in the most subtle ways. And he rarely explains everything, but trusts the audience to be reasonably astute...all of which is why I suspect "Welcome to Level 7" is the end of the discussion (caveat: except that, while Whedon trusts the audience to not be idiots, he conflicts with typical Disney/ABC practice there, and I don't know who'll win that battle).

I just have a hard time believing that someone like Loki would screw up and not kill him quickly especially with that magic spear he had. Oh well, I'll get over it since Coulson was very entertaining.

I just have a hard time believing that someone like Loki would screw up and not kill him quickly especially with that magic spear he had. Oh well, I'll get over it since Coulson was very entertaining.

Except that Loki is basically a !@#$up. Coulson says so himself..."You're going to lose. It's in your nature."

Plus...after SHIELD headquarters is blown up, Fury tells Coulson "We're at Level 7." If I were Whedon, I'd say in the series "Yeah, that was code to Coulson for 'Get your life-model decoy ready and go into hiding'" among other things, and wish away the whole thing that way.

There's so many different ways it can be explained away.

(And no, I don't spend immense amounts of time sitting around thinking about this ****. Prodigious memory combined with far too many film- and drama-majoring friends in college.)