Energy Drinks

Never had one? Wow. Just ask your son to let you try it.

What does he like? Monster, red bull, or rockstar?

Nope. Never even tried one. It's just my personal preference to not drink them. I was joking about my son. I don't allow him to drink them, either. I drink a good amount of coffee every day. That seems to energize me plenty. As far as my 10-year-old, I'm really stressing that all he needs for energy is a good night's sleep and a proper diet.

I'll keep beating that drum until he realizes it's B.S.

A couple times/month, I'll let him get a bottle of Mt. Dew. That's the extent of his caffeine exposure.

But I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 19, so maybe he won't either.

Kids are drinking coffee in their early teens these days.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of my friends work for Costco corporate and the kirkland brand is identical to the 5 hour brand.

I can't tell the difference. I would just recommend the extra strength stuff though

I never tried them either,don't drink much but water really. I used to drink soda but I didn't really like it. I do drink coffee in the morning (but just one) and a very occasional Iced tea.

I take a nap when I am tired if I can.

I smoke and it is the only bad habit I have tried to break without success yet, just really hard to get past that 3rd day for me.

I drink cherry flavored Amp and Red Bull. In her younger years, my wife used to be a sales rep for Red Bull, so we always had 4 or 5 cases lying around the house. The new cranberry flavored Red Bull is pretty good....excellent with vodka. I tried one of those 5 hour energy shots during a drive between Syracuse and Charlotte one time and I thought my heart was going to crawl out of my ear. Never, ever again.

I never tried them either,don't drink much but water really. I used to drink soda but I didn't really like it. I do drink coffee in the morning (but just one) and a very occasional Iced tea.

I smoke and it is the only bad habit I have tried to break without success yet, just really hard to get past that 3rd day for me.

Keep it going, Bowery. Good luck!

Have you tried those e-cigs at all? Just curious. I have three close friends who were smokers, two tried the e-cigs and both failed to quit. Another one met a girl who despised cigarettes and quit cold turkey almost immediately, I believe he's still off them prolly 3-4 months later.

Wow, I can't imagine drinking one of those things every day; that really can't be good for you long term.

The first time I had one was to go out on New Year's Eve when I was jet lagged in CA a few years ago -- I was still flying like a kite 8 hours later. Took two days to recover.

Wow, I can't imagine drinking one of those things every day; that really can't be good for you long term.

The first time I had one was to go out on New Year's Eve when I was jet lagged in CA a few years ago -- I was still flying like a kite 8 hours later. Took two days to recover.

I am forced to get an annual check up by my job. I am super healthy and drink a lot of water remember.

So here goes my last few doc visits.

My doctor like 4 years ago did his check and I was out in 5-10 minutes.

Next year he did his check and told me "Do you want me to have the front office give you your copay back?" He felt like he was taking advantage of me since he didnt really do anything.

The following year was a repeat of the 1st 2 visits. You're ok. Bla bla bla.

This last time he said, "Keep up what you're doing." I told him, "Are you sure?" Once I told him about my ADDICTION to energy drinks he actually told me. "Well just keep drinking water and you should be ok"

Ps. If I drink an energy drink on empty, I still get the jitters. I mostly drink them with lunch, and yes, even breakfast.

I drink soda like its going out of business and I need my fix. Probably drink so much that I'm Perminently on a sugar high from it. I never come down. Don't need energy drinks but I will sometimes drink Red Bull. Love the taste honestly. When I get them, I'll get the biggest can they have.

True story, a buddy and me drove from Buffalo to Tampa. Was through a snowstorm of the likes that I've never seen before in the mountains of W. Virginia. I drove 18 of the 22 hours, most while my buddy was sleeping. Anyway, during that 22 hours, I drank 16 Red Bulls and had like 12 Slim Jim's. so I'll say this, if someone can die from too much Red Bull and gas station beef Jerky, it would have been proven on that trip. Your all safe. I took one for the team and played guinea pig.

Omg 16 red bulls???????

The little cans are pretty much like 8 monsters.

Which is still a lot. Wow. That could have been dangerous....

Jolly Rancher soda. I discovered it at the gas station across the street from Ome Bills Drive after a football game. It sounds disgusting but really isn't. Anyone had it as we'll?

How do you prepare it Buffalo Style?

Sobe adrenaline rush was my favorite but I'm pretty sure they stopped making it. Monster and amp are disgusting to me. Red bull ill use as a mixer for shots from time to time but I really just want my sobe energy drink back!

bull ****. I tried 5 hour energy once. ONCE!!!

It screwed me up for an entire day.

Me too. I had a student teaching observation and got terrible sleep the night before, I drank half in the morning and planned on drinking half at lunch...I didn't need the second half.

I'm the same way. The speedy stuff gets to me. I made the mistake once of having two Jim Beam and Red Bulls back to back. Next thing I know, it's like 5 am and I'm all Ellen Burstyn in Reqiuem for a Dream.

Edited by Cugalabanza

bull ****. I tried 5 hour energy once. ONCE!!!

It screwed me up for an entire day.

First I've heard of that. My wife and I never get any side effects. A lot of energy drinks like Red Bull give me the jitters. Never 5 Hour though. At least not for me or anyone I know.

First I've heard of that. My wife and I never get any side effects. A lot of energy drinks like Red Bull give me the jitters. Never 5 Hour though. At least not for me or anyone I know.

Maybe they had it on an empty stomach. Kinda like drinking alcohol on an empty stomach. Gets your buzz much faster.

I'm doing a Costco (Kirkland Energy Shots) pretty much every day.One thing I've noticed about them is that they are mood altering. In a good way. If I'm feeling down they kinda bring me around a little. Mentally I mean. Also physically but emotionally as well.

Definitely not a result of the caffeine messing up your chemistry and your body needing a fix.....

Definitely not a result of the caffeine messing up your chemistry and your body needing a fix.....

lol

This thread is awesome. Substitute 'cocaine' for 'energy drink' and this could have been written in 1982.