Sleep Number vs Tempurpedic Mattress Bed

TSNBDSC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tsnbd -- so you're convinced with regard to the heat retention issue? That, to me, is the biggest drawback of memory foam.

Salespeople say it's a myth. Website says new material is being used. So we'll see. Proofs in the pudding. Take it home try it out and see what happens. Might not be that much of an issue with the newer models. If it's that bad, I'll trade for the hybrid foam/gel.

Salespeople say it's a myth. Website says new material is being used. So we'll see. Proofs in the pudding. Take it home try it out and see what happens. Might not be that much of an issue with the newer models. If it's that bad, I'll trade for the hybrid foam/gel.

Now that's a red flag. Good luck; please report back. We'll probably wait a couple of months before making a purchase.

Now that's a red flag. Good luck; please report back. We'll probably wait a couple of months before making a purchase.

Will do. Gotta get new carpet in first. Then the new bedroom set. Then the goodies. B-)

When you have a bad back, you try everything. So, a year ago after yet another mattress purchase we decided to give the memory gel pad a go over the mattress. Bought it at Costco the pricepoint was a little over 200 bucks.

Because of a bad back, it wasn't heat that relegated it to the barn, it was to dam firm. But again it's just a 3" pad over the mattress.

After visiting a half dozen stores and twice as many web sites we decided on the Tempur-Choice Luxe with adjustable base. Seems like they took what Sleep Number failed on ( center divider, construction, etc. ) and improved on it. 5 years to back it up 100 %. Thanks to all for you insight. http://www.tempurpedic.com/tempur-choice-collection/tempur-pedic-tempur-choice-luxe.asp

Holy shnikees! Four- grand for a california king!?!?

After visiting a half dozen stores and twice as many web sites we decided on the Tempur-Choice Luxe with adjustable base. Seems like they took what Sleep Number failed on ( center divider, construction, etc. ) and improved on it. 5 years to back it up 100 %. Thanks to all for you insight. http://www.tempurped...choice-luxe.asp

Congrats! Very interesting bed!

• 3 months later...

Well after 4 months of house renovation we finally got our Tempur-Choice Luxe with adjustable base. So far so good. Adjustable base is the bomb. Worth the money and a must have. The air mattress works great giving an adjustable feel from soft to medium-firm. Wife likes soft, i like soft /medium. Back and neck issues are going away. I don't feel the need to go sleep on the couch in the middle of the night. 10 out of 10 in my book.

BTW, no heat retention at all.

Me and the wife bought a bed called "Sleep To Live"

http://sleeptolive.com/four_questions/sleeptolive.html

Site does not list prices, and you go through a diagnistic test to determine which bed to get for you (and your wife, husband, whoever), and then they make the bed for you. My wife has a different side than I do as far as how firm the bed is, and it never needs to be turned over, and has a lifetime warranty.

Very expensive, but huge, great, and worthwhile investment, I have a real bad sleep issue, and I rest so much better with this bed.

We have a Serta icomfort. It is very firm but 3 years in it has held up very well. I am a good 50 lbs heavier than my wife so I rotate the mattress every few months and thus far we have had no issues with it sagging, and definitely no issues with heat which is important given we live down south,

It isn't cheap, but a good night sleep is important. I have heard good things about the Tempur Pedic's but those were a bit outside what I was willing to spend.

I never (and still don't) understand the Sleep Number beds.

It seems to me you set your number to what you like and then never change it. So why not just buy a soft or firm mattress you like from the beginning?

Only thing I can guess is if your spouse has a different like than you. As everyone mentioned though the divider in the middle is "annoying".

On a side note, what happened to water beds. I remember 15 years ago they were popular and seemed like the cool bed. I haven't seen one in years.

I never (and still don't) understand the Sleep Number beds.

It seems to me you set your number to what you like and then never change it. So why not just buy a soft or firm mattress you like from the beginning?

Only thing I can guess is if your spouse has a different like than you. As everyone mentioned though the divider in the middle is "annoying".

On a side note, what happened to water beds. I remember 15 years ago they were popular and seemed like the cool bed. I haven't seen one in years.

Lumbar support. That's their selling point.

Edited by tsnbd