How Many Could Have Helped ??

The all pro bowl called and begged to differ.

As for the original post, unless we were going for the beautiful hair award, losing Poz meant nothing.

Poz performed better in the middle than the dude from LSU we just traded to the Colts !!

Poz performed better in the middle than the dude from LSU we just traded to the Colts !!

yeah, instead of missing the tackle altogether like Shephard, Poz would run full steam downfield 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, and jump on the pile that had already tackled the ball carrier.

Pat Williams

Ted Washington

Jabari Greer

Nate Clements

Antoine Winfield

David Nelson

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Maybe Whinter and Poz

There was another LB that we let go back in the early 2000s. Cowart maybe? Can't remember. Was very good but had an Achilles injury. I thought he went somewhere after and produced. Can't remember though.

Added to the list are other players that could have and or should have been resigned or not traded:

Lynch- even though he deserved it

Evans- even though he wasn't that good, was better than Jones

Willis- even though he deserved it

TO- much better than any WR we had on our team

Henry

Bledsoe

No love for Poz ?

No love for Poz ?

he was horrible. Had about the same love as other "white, high motor" players like Kelsey, Schobel, K. Williams. Put any one of them on a good football team and they are backups or your average starter, put them on the Bills or any other bad team (the Jags) and they are all pros. Haha.

That ain't saying much. Last I saw Poz in a Bills uni, he was making the D calls as the mlb for the WORST run defense in the league. I know, I know, the DL just couldn't keep the blockers off him because, you know, LBs must be kept clean as the driven snow to make a play in this league. He was slow to the hole just like Shep.

GO BILLS!!!

Pat Williams and London Fletcher are basically the only two FAs we've lost that I think would have made a significant difference.

I agree.

On top of that, neither one was looking for out of whack contracts like Winfield and Clements got to leave.

Or what Schobel or Kelsay got to stay.

Pat Williams and London Fletcher are basically the only two FAs we've lost that I think would have made a significant difference.

Not to rewrite history, when Fletcher was playing for the Bills, he was criticized as too small and too late to get to the Ball carrier and was often seen tackling the runner 10 yards from the LOS. The only positive from Fletcher was that he never missed a game and he racked up many tackles.

And then when he went to Washington, the same trend continued. Is Fletcher a play maker or a game changer like a Ray Lewis....Not even close.

Whitner absolutely does not belong in this discussion. He was crap and still is crap. He is a below average player on a very stacked D. I would even go as far as to say he is the reason the 49ers lost the Super Bowl. The ravens picked on him early and often for TDs

You're new here it seems, but I like your thinking.... as a matter of fact, I have said that very thing on several occassions... 'Lil donte always seems late to the play, out of position, and generally looking lost.

To the OP:

Antoine Winfield

Pat Williams

all time top 2

And Poz... also should not be included in this... an average, to below average linebacker. this should be based on actual high caliber free agent departures, not big name departures.

ing

No, his name belongs in a different discussion. :bag:

Gut wrenching stupidity. The more one thinks about it the more agitated one gets. There is a difference between making a pick that doesn't work out and making a pick that doesn't make sense. All too often this organization has acted very oddly. It's beyond comprehension.. Just maybe now that our weird owner is not involved in the operation this franchise can become normal. :doh:

Not to rewrite history, when Fletcher was playing for the Bills, he was criticized as too small and too late to get to the Ball carrier and was often seen tackling the runner 10 yards from the LOS. The only positive from Fletcher was that he never missed a game and he racked up many tackles.

And then when he went to Washington, the same trend continued. Is Fletcher a play maker or a game changer like a Ray Lewis....Not even close.

I'm not re-writing history. Fletcher was better than the ILBs we've had since. Is he a world beater? No. But an improvement over what we replaced him with? IMO, yes. Combine that with solidifying the interior of our DL with Pat Williams... that might have improved our defense over the course of a few seasons. That was basically the original question, wasn't it?