The Realization of Getting Old

ajzepp

I am 31 and getting ready to begin the process of having children. I wish I had started earlier with my lady but I knocked up my gf at 19, had an abortion and swore to never impregnate someone until I was sure I could take care of them.

Earlier than 31?? No you don't. Child rearing is not for people who aren't ready for it.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations and good luck!

I'm not quite at that kid stage yet, but I'm 31 and getting married this weekend. I'm the youngest of 3, so my parents are a bit older. I was at a birthday party for a 1 year old this weekend and the kid's great grandmother was there. It bothers me sometimes when I realize that my own kid will be very lucky to even have a grandparent around for some of the bigger events (graduation, wedding, etc...).

BS, my youngest was born on my 40th.

The absolute best birthday present a guy could hope for.

40 is now considered not that old, especially for a guy... Heck, 30 years ago I remember how shocked my family was when my aunt had a my cousin in her late 30's! Now, it is a little bit different, but females still have the clock working against them. Not the guys. Our second child was @ 35. 40 is still 25 years from retirement. Bowery will be fine, he's got a younger lady! You go Bowery! ;-)

On that note... My uncle is younger than his nephew! Figure that one out. Hint: My aunt (father's older sister) was having a child (my cousin) while her mother (my grandmother, in her 40's) was also having a child (my uncle). And they were born in the early 1950's!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My granddad got married when he was 45 to a 23 year old and they had 9 kids, he was born in the 1890s and lived 91 years (his wife died at 65, I think, before him in any case) he was a carpenter (house builder) and I remember him putting a roof on my parents house when he was almost 90 (3 floor house) carrying shingles on his shoulder like it was nothing.I am hoping I have his genes but don't want anymore kids to be honest. My Dad died in his early 60s and my Mom in her early 70s. Kids do stress you out (they had 5 and my Dad was a stressed person), I felt young (and looked pretty young my whole life) well into my 40s but time is definitely catching up, we will see.

My granddad got married when he was 45 to a 23 year old and they had 9 kids, he was born in the 1890s and lived 91 years (his wife died at 65, I think, before him in any case) he was a carpenter (house builder) and I remember him putting a roof on my parents house when he was almost 90 (3 floor house) carrying shingles on his shoulder like it was nothing.I am hoping I have his genes but don't want anymore kids to be honest. My Dad died in his early 60s and my Mom in her early 70s. Kids do stress you out (they had 5 and my Dad was a stressed person), I felt young (and looked pretty young my whole life) well into my 40s but time is definitely catching up, we will see.

That guy was a stud!

40 is now considered not that old, especially for a guy... Heck, 30 years ago I remember how shocked my family was when my aunt had a my cousin in her late 30's! Now, it is a little bit different, but females still have the clock working against them. Not the guys. Our second child was @ 35. 40 is still 25 years from retirement. Bowery will be fine, he's got a younger lady! You go Bowery! ;-)

On that note... My uncle is younger than his nephew! Figure that one out. Hint: My aunt (father's older sister) was having a child (my cousin) while her mother (my grandmother, in her 40's) was also having a child (my uncle). And they were born in the early 1950's!

I was 32 when my son was born.

My mother, her sister and their mother were all pregnant at the same time back in 1965.

My brother was born before our uncle and my cousin was born before both of them.

Figure THAT one out! :-)

That guy was a stud!

Yeah... But he made his young bride's uterus fall out with 9 kids! :-P :-P

I was 32 when my son was born.

My mother, her sister and their mother were all pregnant at the same time back in 1965.

My brother was born before our uncle and my cousin was born before both of them.

Figure THAT one out! :-)

LoL... Wow, you got me beat... My head is spinning!

Yeah... But he made his young bride's uterus fall out with 9 kids! :-P :-P

LoL... Wow, you got me beat... My head is spinning!

My great grandmother had my grandmother at 16. My grandmother had my mother at 16. My mother had my brother at 19.

My grandmother has nine children. My mom was born in 1944 and her youngest sibling (my uncle) was born in 1965 (after my brother was born earlier the same year).

My great grandmother had my grandmother at 16. My grandmother had my mother at 16. My mother had my brother at 19.

My grandmother has nine children. My mom was born in 1944 and her youngest sibling (my uncle) was born in 1965 (after my brother was born earlier the same year).

Wow... The Gugny family was busy! ;-) ;-)