"An American Mystery" - New OJ Movie slated for 2014

Agreed.

He was the best ever as far as I'm concerned.

I've only seen highlights of Jim Brown so I can't judge which is better. But nobody since Simpson comes close to his talent.

Running was harder in those days because defenses were geared to stop it and the rules were different (hash marks, for example, were closer to the sideline squeezing plays to the other side).

Only 5 backs in the NFL rushed for 1,000 yards in 1973. The most yards anyone - besides OJ - had was 1,144. OJ had 2,003.

The Bills passing attack wasn't great in '73. Nor was their defense. Our opponents had a singular focus when playing us: STOP OJ. But no one could.

He was just in a different league than anyone else. No other RB in history has dominated his peers like OJ. Anybody who compares AP - or whoever the RB of the moment is - to OJ just isn't well informed.

Too bad all that amazing talent was given to a murderous schmuck. I hope the movie, though, shows some of his highlights to remind people how feared the Bills running attack once was.

Agree. many of us here saw OJ run live at the stadiums. He was incredible to watch.

Isn't Leslie Nielsen dead?

they called him crazy legs back in Canada.and so hes dead--with todays technology..

Yes.

Oh, wrong thread..

The Juice truley was a marvel and the face of the League for nearly a decade. But the team DID build a great offense around him. Took a while to develop Fergy but he played pretty mistake-free ball. The OLine was the best in football, JD Hill, Ahmad Rashad and some small, white guy with a high motor terrorized secondary's hell bent on stopping Juice. The tandem of Larry Watkins and Jim 'Bubby' Braxton were crashing runners in their own rite and the best lead blockers. We set the NFL mark for most yards rushing in a season. One big reason he only played one playoff game was our sieve of a defense. We'd lose by scores like 46-42..

As for the movie, what aspect hasn't been covered that would make it enticing to see?

Yes.

Oh, wrong thread..

The Juice truley was a marvel and the face of the League for nearly a decade. But the team DID build a great offense around him. Took a while to develop Fergy but he played pretty mistake-free ball. The OLine was the best in football, JD Hill, Ahmad Rashad and some small, white guy with a high motor terrorized secondary's hell bent on stopping Juice. The tandem of Larry Watkins and Jim 'Bubby' Braxton were crashing runners in their own rite and the best lead blockers. We set the NFL mark for most yards rushing in a season. One big reason he only played one playoff game was our sieve of a defense. We'd lose by scores like 46-42..

As for the movie, what aspect hasn't been covered that would make it enticing to see?

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/oj-simpson-movie-american-mystery-star-charlotte-kirk-nicole-brown-simpson-exclusive-100

Sounds like they're taking the angle that the murder is an unsolved mystery and OJ might be innocent.

Its bizarre talking to some young people(Im talking 30ish) about football.The subject of OJ comes up...and they have no idea that he was arguably the best football player ever.One guy said "oh I heard he wasn't very good".-I can understand the media blackout on the guy due to the distastefulness of hero worshipping a murderer. But that doesn't mean we cant have a rational discussion about football. Its never OJs season rushing record its always Dickersons. Silly.--And these top 100 football player lists.--Putting guys like Emmit Smith above him.A joke.

OJ gained 2000 yards in 14 games....who has come close since? Nobody......

I believe they show that the glove would indeed have fit if OJ didn't fan his fingers out while trying it on. Should be grounbreaking.

I just listened to an Adam Carolla podcast from this week where he said OJ putting on the glove was like watching an infomercial, where they are showing "the old way."

Having a friggin rubber glove on didn't help matters!

I believe they show that the glove would indeed have fit if OJ didn't fan his fingers out while trying it on. Should be grounbreaking.

Not to mention he added around 30 lbs between the time of the crime and when he pulled the glove on at trial..

Not to mention he added around 30 lbs between the time of the crime and when he pulled the glove on at trial..

Not being too picky here, but google some pics of OJ trying on the gloves and see how skinny he was. I think we all forget that during that trial, OJ had withered to a shell of himself while he was in custody.