OMFG - Zel Miller!

MichFan

Wow, this is the most stinging speech I have ever heard at a national convention. Why? First, it came from a person in the same party as the candidate. Second, it spoke the truth in such a plain way that anyone watching couldn't miss the meaning of every sentence. I sat there with my jaw dropped thinking oh my god he is saying this stuff about his own party's candidate. Then I saw delegates at the conference with the same expression on their faces. Ouch. Wow. :P:blink::w00t:

Good luck shaking this one, libs. Go on the attack, say what you will, this guy is in your party and was the keynote speaker at Clinton's first convention. Good luck trying to discredit him...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is the most stinging speech I have ever heard at a national convention.  Why?  First, it came from a person in the same party as the candidate.  Second, it spoke the truth in such a plain way that anyone watching couldn't miss the meaning of every sentence.  I sat there with my jaw dropped thinking oh my god he is saying this stuff about his own party's candidate.  Then I saw delegates at the conference with the same expression on their faces.  Ouch.  Wow.  :P  :blink:  :w00t:

Good luck shaking this one, libs.  Go on the attack, say what you will, this guy is in your party and was the keynote speaker at Clinton's first convention.  Good luck trying to discredit him...

15284[/snapback]

I wouldn't say he's much of a Democrat - he hasn't voted with them all that much lately. He certainly has never been a liberal. I only saw a soundbyte while I was flipping - something about "spitballs." Pretty funny.

Wow, this is the most stinging speech I have ever heard at a national convention.  Why?  First, it came from a person in the same party as the candidate.  Second, it spoke the truth in such a plain way that anyone watching couldn't miss the meaning of every sentence.  I sat there with my jaw dropped thinking oh my god he is saying this stuff about his own party's candidate.  Then I saw delegates at the conference with the same expression on their faces.  Ouch.  Wow.  :P  :blink:  :w00t:

Good luck shaking this one, libs.  Go on the attack, say what you will, this guy is in your party and was the keynote speaker at Clinton's first convention.  Good luck trying to discredit him...

15284[/snapback]

And the best part of it is its True

Zell just destroyed Chris Matthews on Hardball. Matthews was doing his usual schtick of asking a question and interupting 0.5 seconds into his guest's response. He flat out told him to shut up and that he wasn't going to answer any questions unless he could respond uninterrupted. He even brought up last week's Michelle Malkin 'interview' and said he wouldn't let Matthews lay into him like "he did that young girl you had on last week."

Matthews was SO apologetic the rest of the way. Hilarious. If you dish his BS right back in his face he turns into a little B word.

End of the interview: "Great having you on. Please come back again."

"Bye."

Good to see the Republicans are now embracing flip-floppers, not to mention someone who once embraced the last bastion of evil in Bill Clinton.

Zell has been a Republican since 9/11. The only reason he's interesting to anyone right now is that he calls himself a Democrat for some unknown reason. It must be the only conviction he can hold onto.

Zell just destroyed Chris Matthews on Hardball.  Matthews was doing his usual schtick of asking a question and interupting 0.5 seconds into his guest's response.  He flat out told him to shut up and that he wasn't going to answer any questions unless he could respond uninterrupted.  He even brought up last week's Michelle Malkin 'interview' and said he wouldn't let Matthews lay into him like "he did that young girl you had on last week." 

Matthews was SO apologetic the rest of the way.  Hilarious.  If you dish his BS right back in his face he turns into a little B word.

End of the interview: "Great having you on.  Please come back again."

"Bye."

15343[/snapback]

I'm REALLY sorry I missed that...

The following is from the transcript of a speech Zell Miller delivered about John Kerry:

Introduction of Senator John Kerry

Democratic Party of Georgia's

Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

March 1, 2001

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor – but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."

John was re-elected in 1990 and again in 1996 – when he defeated popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

John is a graduate of Yale University and was a gunboat officer in the Navy. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three awards of the Purple Heart for combat duty in Vietnam. He later co-founded the Vietnam Veterans of America.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Senator John Kerry.

http://www.gopconvention.com/cgi-data/spee...2y6q7930j.shtml

"Senator Kerry has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations.

Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending. I want Bush to decide.

John Kerry, who says he doesn't like outsourcing, wants to outsource our national security.

That's the most dangerous outsourcing of all."

JimKrazy

The following is from the transcript of a speech Zell Miller delivered about John  Kerry:

Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

March 1, 2001

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders – and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor – but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

Early in his Senate career in 1986, John signed on to the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Deficit Reduction Bill, and he fought for balanced budgets before it was considered politically correct for Democrats to do so.

John has worked to strengthen our military, reform public education, boost the economy and protect the environment. Business Week magazine named him one of the top pro-technology legislators and made him a member of its "Digital Dozen."

John was re-elected in 1990 and again in 1996 – when he defeated popular Republican Governor William Weld in the most closely watched Senate race in the country.

John is a graduate of Yale University and was a gunboat officer in the Navy. He received a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three awards of the Purple Heart for combat duty in Vietnam. He later co-founded the Vietnam Veterans of America.

15355[/snapback]

Wow...that was deep :blink:

I've got to say that Miller was unbelievable in that speech. I had no idea he was going to come out like that. I honestly feel that his speech will have a very big impact on any undecided voters who are still on the fence (not that there are many of those).

And you can debate whether he's a true Dem or not, but in this age of the sound bite, just having that 'D' listed in front of his name will probably serve to sway some voters.

It's way too early to predict this horse race, but unless something drastic happens between now and Nov. 2nd, I sense the momentum heavily favoring Bush the rest of the way.

I don't know. I think there was some pretty serious charges in Millers' speech. If he believes all the hateful retoric he had about the Democratic party, going all the way back to the Reagan years, why did he stay a Democrat all of these years? Why did he so zealously support Clinton?

Why did he praise Kerry in the past? Is he a flip-flopper too?

Personally, I thought his speech came off as pretty negative, and I can't see how it would sway any undecided voters to vote Bush. In fact, all of these speeches have been fairly negative, and hardly sending the message of bi-partisanship that Bush ran on in 2000. These guys already have the office, and will likely win in a landslide. Why all this need to flex their muscles? When Bush wins again in November, he will not have won any of his detractors over.

Ps- just a question, has anybody heard Ron Silver say anything worth listening too? He has said he fears that being an outspoken Republican will hurt his acting career! Jeez, can anyone think of a movie he has been in since the "Killing Fields"? The poor mans Michael Douglas.......

Wow, this is the most stinging speech I have ever heard at a national convention.  Why?  First, it came from a person in the same party as the candidate.  Second, it spoke the truth in such a plain way that anyone watching couldn't miss the meaning of every sentence.  I sat there with my jaw dropped thinking oh my god he is saying this stuff about his own party's candidate.  Then I saw delegates at the conference with the same expression on their faces.  Ouch.  Wow.  :)  :devil:  :)

15284[/snapback]

He came across as an angry old man,telling half truths. He also had that Lurch look with his eyeballs up, gave me the creeps. As for Cheney, where was his lesbian daughter during that feel good moment at the end of his speech, did Rove keep her of the stage?

He came across as an angry old man,telling half truths. He also had that Lurch look with his eyeballs up, gave me the creeps. As for Cheney, where was his lesbian daughter during that feel good moment at the end of his speech, did Rove keep her of the stage?

15396[/snapback]

Wow, just saw a replay of Millers' "Hardball" confronatation with Chris Matthews. Matthews was in no way disrespectful, and simply asked Miller to quantify some of things he said in his speech. Miller went totally off the deep end. Maybe just basking in the glow of the limelight, I dunno, but he definitely came off as being a bit deranged. A very bitter and hostile old man. I sense that the Dems will be working round the clock to discredit him, just as the Republicans did when Ron Reagan spoke at the DNC. I think Millers' speech was perfectly in line with the hawkish tone the RNC seems to have chosen for their "party." Surprisingly, Cheney and Laura Bush were the least effective speakers. Cheney was plodding and smug, and really didn't say anything that would win over anyone who doesn't like him already. The point where they showed the crowd chanting "flip-flop, flip-flop" was comical and creepy at the same time. A reminder of how silly these conventions really are.

Matthews is a slimeball. Asks a question and cuts off the answer with another question or saying they didn't answer. Miller did what every guest on his show should do: Tell him to STFU so that they can answer the question he asked.

Kerry is going down for the count. You can see it in the hatred in the left eaning commentator's faces.

The truth sucks, doesn't it , Kerry?

I can understand how a Democrat would want to play the "he's a zig zagger....he's delusional.....he looked like Lurch" angles.....but the fact of the matter is that Miller BRUTALIZED John Kerry and the Democrats. His message very hard-hitting and very clear: If you want to ensure that America's leadership does everything in its power to protect its citizens from the threat of terrorism, the Democrats come up lame. If I were a John Kerry supporter, I'd be wanting to try and discredit him, too.....cause his speech was powerful.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
The following is from the transcript of a speech Zell Miller delivered about John  Kerry:

Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

March 1, 2001

15355[/snapback]

That IS funny... the guy does a complete 180 after 3 short years???

Sounds like he should join the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth as an honorary member!

He's from Georgia; big suprise there... I suppose if John Edwards was running for President, Miller would have slobbered at the chance to speak at the DEMOCRATIC convention instead. Stay in state where you belong.

That IS funny... the guy does a complete 180 after 3 short years???

Sounds like he should join the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth as an honorary member!

He's from Georgia; big suprise there... I suppose if John Edwards was running for President, Miller would have slobbered at the chance to speak at the DEMOCRATIC convention instead. Stay in state where you belong.

15444[/snapback]

Too funny!

Will the real "Flip-Flopenstein" stand up!

What gives Zell? I guess it is more popular and stay elected in his state when you shill 911.

Too funny!

Will the real "Flip-Flopenstein" stand up!

What gives Zell?  I guess it is more popular and stay elected in his state when you shill 911.

15449[/snapback]

Umm... Zell is retiring, at least thats what I understand. Is that wrong? I didn't watch the whole speech, as I can't stand the rhetoric from either side at these things. But like the DNC I have watched about 30 minutes total of the coverage. Zell sounded like a preacher speaking from the pulpit and down to the people in the church. But I will tell you, I honestly believe that if someone truely was an independant or undecided before that speech, then they probably are in the Bush camp now, for better or worse.

BTW, if you get a chance read the Washington Post from today, they are basically saying this race is over and Kerry is lost. They said he and his compaign team do not how to respond to anything or move forward. They said the Repubs have basically ignored anything bad said about them and rolled on, but Kerry and crew (pun intended) still have figured out how to let it ride.

Umm... Zell is retiring, at least thats what I understand.  Is that wrong?  I didn't watch the whole speech, as I can't stand the rhetoric from either side at these things.  But like the DNC I have watched about 30 minutes total of the coverage.  Zell sounded like a preacher speaking from the pulpit and down to the people in the church.  But I will tell you, I honestly believe that if someone truely was an independant or undecided before that speech, then they probably are in the Bush camp now, for better or worse. 

BTW, if you get a chance read the Washington Post from today, they are basically saying this race is over and Kerry is lost.  They said he and his compaign team do not how to respond to anything or move forward.  They said the Repubs have basically ignored anything bad said about them and rolled on, but Kerry and crew (pun intended) still have figured out how to let it ride.

15482[/snapback]

Live in fear? Shill the fear baby! I hope my kids never grow-up fearing the unknown and looking for some protectorate.

You better not wake up tommorrow in fear of a terrorist attack? Better yet, I shouldn't get in my car and drive to work, I am in more danger of getting hurt.

What changed ZM's mind? 911? Come on.