I am just going to say it, We beat NE in the opener

They have till Aug 31st to take him off. If they don't then he is not allowed to come off till week 6.

All it means now is he won't be ready to start camp (obviously) and they will fill the roster spot til he is ready. Like you said- Until September, it means nothing else.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a film years and years ago about motocross racing.

It was called On any Sunday.

Meant of course that any one could actually win and even though winners are predicted favorites some one could come from out of nowhere and rule the particular day.

Being only 2 options to win the game it's a 50 50 shot.

Go Bills !

There seems to be some confusion about the "any given Sunday" quote. It's meant as, "on any given Sunday, any team in the NFL can beat any other team." But, "any given Sunday" is not really the same as "EVERY given Sunday" An underdog is still an underdog.

That being said, I think we have a serious shot. The Pats have a lot of concerns at the moment. Gronkowski, if he plays at all, will be subpar. Hernandez has issues. Their secondary is suspect. Their best receiver seems to be Danny Amendola, who is new to the team and injury prone. They lost Welker.

IF our D plays up to their reported potential (like we all hoped they would this time last year). IF our young receivers step up and perform. IF Marrone knows how to utilize the run, and Spiller/Jackson can break into the secondary. And IF we get some decent QB play from whoever is the starter (I believe it will be Kolb), then this could be our "given Sunday." Why not?

Go Bills!

All it means now is he won't be ready to start camp (obviously) and they will fill the roster spot til he is ready. Like you said- Until September, it means nothing else.

Yep, the only thing this means for us is he won't be able to get into football shape. Never know if he will play or not. Now his recovery is 12 weeks but as we all know some of these athletes don't abide by normal human recovery rules.

Need to play this by ear.

There seems to be some confusion about the "any given Sunday" quote. It's meant as, "on any given Sunday, any team in the NFL can beat any other team." But, "any given Sunday" is not really the same as "EVERY given Sunday" An underdog is still an underdog.

That being said, I think we have a serious shot. The Pats have a lot of concerns at the moment. Gronkowski, if he plays at all, will be subpar. Hernandez has issues. Their secondary is suspect. Their best receiver seems to be Danny Amendola, who is new to the team and injury prone. They lost Welker.

IF our D plays up to their reported potential (like we all hoped they would this time last year). IF our young receivers step up and perform. IF Marrone knows how to utilize the run, and Spiller/Jackson can break into the secondary. And IF we get some decent QB play from whoever is the starter (I believe it will be Kolb), then this could be our "given Sunday." Why not?

Go Bills!

well you may be right. But thats pundits and oddsmakers for you.

But at 7.5 deficit going in i still think seriously it's a 50 50. Since you considered the possibilty of Amendola being injured i feel strongly you just made my point.

: )

well you may be right. But thats pundits and oddsmakers for you.

But at 7.5 deficit going in i still think seriously it's a 50 50. Since you considered the possibilty of Amendola being injured i feel strongly you just made my point.

: )

I'm not suggesting Amendola's going to start the season injured. But, when a player, especially a WR, gets injured so many times, their production definitely drops, especially against a decent secondary- which we might just have.

I want bad-ass LINES!

No, not the fat white ones from the eighties, but O-line, and D-line.... I wanna see our guys coached up to their potential and beyond... As excited as I am about the new-look Bills, I would be over the MOON, if our lines delivered studworthy performances from week to week. That's where I'm thinking the improvement will show up FIRST. -Man oh man would that make me happy.

There is crazy talk and then there are OP's like this that make crazy talk sound like the second coming of Einstein.

If Brady loses Hernandez it might look better then you think. Brady isn't god and when his best TEs are not in the field his stats take huge hits.

You know it's strange. When I first read this post, I dismissed it quickly, quietly, and without much thought. Over the past few days however, I gave this a bit more thought. at least entertained the idea, what should the game look like. Important things came up:

How does our Offence actually perform?

Is the Patriot's D still pretty shoddy?

How will our D do against the infallible constant machine that is Tom Brady?

Tom Brady, while seeming ageless is aging, does he still have it?

If Gronk isn't there, how does Hernandez fair?

If Hernandez is actually in trouble, what happens to the attack pattern of the pats?

Who the hell is actually a WR for the pats.....?

Will the pats rely on their run game with ever changing backfield?

Can our D actually stop the run with the new schemes?

Will we make corrections at half-time?

At some point, there was a small rise of hope with in me that, maybe, just maybe, going into this game, i could consider the outcome to truely be 50/50, to say that neither team really had a leg up or should be expected to win.

Then I remembered that, we are the Bills, a young and unproven team, new schemes on both sides of the ball. We are opening against a team coached by, one of the better football minds of the history of the sports. Along with that, is a QB who, honestly makes even the most pedestrian of WR's look amazing. Someone who may and probably should go down as one of the best QBS in the history of the sport, if not for his numbers, for the fact that he put up his numbers with, basically band aid WR's that without him and the system that is being used in NE, would be happy to be number 3 or lower receivers on other teams.

I am extremely enthused by the new coaching staff and direction we seem to be going as a team. I would love nothing more for the Bills to open the season with a win, and even more so to beat the Pats. However, i can't bring myself to honestly say we are not underdogs in the competition and will be fighting an uphill battle. If nothing else i would like to see an exciting game, perhaps something in the range of 20-17 or 24-20 or 23-21. One where the reason for our lose was not lack of talent or terrible coaching, but more about the youth of our team and lack of comfort and time with the new system.

PS. If we won the game 21-20 because we blocked the game winning FG attempt by the pats on the final play of the game, all because of "Megahand". I will probably be uncontrollable at the bar.

PPS. Who am I kidding..... if we win, I'll be uncontrollable regardless of have it happened.

Edited by RK_BillsFan

If Brady loses Hernandez it might look better then you think. Brady isn't god and when his best TEs are not in the field his stats take huge hits.

EJ3 you have quickly made a name for yourself on this board, in a negative way. You're on my watch list for ignore and it really takes a lot to get on that list.

You should know that if there are two outcomes for something it does not mean there are 50-50 odds of that thing happening.

It is possible that you get hit by an asteroid on your porch. It is also possible that you do not get hit by an asteriod on your porch. That doesn't mean there are 50-50 odds of you getting hit by an asteroid on your porch.

^ this guy..... where were u when my friend tried to argue with me the odds of heads vs tails flipping a coin once is the same as the probability of having a coin land on the heads 16 amount of times in a row.

Odds =/= Probability

Our odds of winning the first game of the season is 50/50. The probability however is not so high.

EJ3 you have quickly made a name for yourself on this board, in a negative way. You're on my watch list for ignore and it really takes a lot to get on that list.

You should know that if there are two outcomes for something it does not mean there are 50-50 odds of that thing happening.

It is possible that you get hit by an asteroid on your porch. It is also possible that you do not get hit by an asteriod on your porch. That doesn't mean there are 50-50 odds of you getting hit by an asteroid on your porch.

He came out and stated he enjoys saying that in order to get a rise out of people.

Fans expecting genuine conversation, be wary of that particular poster.