Last Call at RF365

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Smith, IMO, is worth every penny. He's versatile. He's durable. He's not a selfish player. He's always prepared. And whenever he touches the ball, he gets positive yardage.

What he does best is bullsh*t they're hopefully done with entirely, but if not, they can just use NeedsA as their gimmick boy and maybe he could actually catch the D off guard and pass the damn ball once in a while and not have it get picked off. Otherwise he's a half-assed receiver and a fairly good return guy, of which they have plenty. If he were making a mil a year or so, then great...a good versatile player that could play STs and situational plays on offense. Problem is he pretty much makes mediocre starter money, only he's a bit player that does nothing at an elite level.

Brad Smith, IMO, is worth every penny. He's versatile. He's durable. He's not a selfish player. He's always prepared. And whenever he touches the ball, he gets positive yardage.

right on man, smith is totally worth every penny. the NFL is all about gimmick (read) plays these days. the 268 all purpose yards and one TD he had last season- you cannot put a dollar amouint on that kind of performance.

the one issue i have is that chan should have used him more. i have never seen such a patient runner, especially in the wild cat. he would get the ball, wait wait wait and then pounce for the hole even though they ran it in a completely predictable fashion.

chip kelly would be salivating if could get his hands on one brad smith.

Edited by jethro_tull

What he does best is bullsh*t they're hopefully done with entirely, but if not, they can just use NeedsA as their gimmick boy and maybe he could actually catch the D off guard and pass the damn ball once in a while and not have it get picked off. Otherwise he's a half-assed receiver and a fairly good return guy, of which they have plenty. If he were making a mil a year or so, then great...a good versatile player that could play STs and situational plays on offense. Problem is he pretty much makes mediocre starter money, only he's a bit player that does nothing at an elite level.

This is some high quality input.

Not rosey enough for ya, I take it? I thought the 'impressed with 7-9' crowd was over at BuffaloDroppings.com.

Other than being totally inaccurate in every way, shape and form, it was perfect. Rosey isn't necessary as much as factual is preferred. Check his situational stats, as well as his salary, and perhaps you'll see what I mean.

Welcome to the realistic, based on facts, crowd.

Thought Jethro already posted those. Dunno WTF the Bills woulda done without the 268 all purpose yards and one TD last season! That output made ALL the difference...

Brilliance.

I will provide the link, but I refuse to explain the numbers. They are very impressive. Notice how he gets first downs very frequently. First downs are wicked good. Notice how he plays in nearly every game. Durability is neat. Observe his low turnover totals. Turnovers very, very bad. If you get particularly zealous, go check out his contract on rotoworld and notice how, for his contributions, he is a bargain.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bradsmith/2506916/situationalstats

You're right. Brad Smith is the bomb. His per play numbers are through the roof, the whole couple times a game he gets the ball No way the team could ever replace his contribution, especially if they ditch the wild cat BS altogether. He's an integral part of the Bills annual quest to sub-.500.

You're right. Brad Smith is the bomb. His per play numbers are through the roof, the whole couple times a game he gets the ball No way the team could ever replace his contribution, especially if they ditch the wild cat BS altogether. He's an integral part of the Bills annual quest to sub-.500.

Thank you for backing up your argument with statistics, examples and proof. It makes for a much more informed, substantial discussion.

Go Bills!

Brad Smith, as well as CJ Spiller were both underutilized under Cooter (for those non-RF365'ers, Cooter is Chan Gailey, Boss Hogg is Buddy Nix, and Mary Owen is Daisy Dukes (okay, I just made that one up about Daisy)). Yes, Smith did well during the very few times he was in the game in the wildcat by picking up first downs, but his contributions were too few and far between (again, that was on Cooter). Question is, will Hackett be able to get more out of this offense, and guys like Spiller & Smith then his predecessor did?

Thank you for backing up your argument with statistics, examples and proof. It makes for a much more informed, substantial discussion.

Go Bills!

Riddle me this, Statman. What were Superbrad's stats outside of the wildcat? True or false, numbers are inflated running out of the wildcat formation? Might another player not put up comparable numbers if they were inserted into the wildcat 'QB' role? Are the Bills even going to continue using the joke-ass wildcat? If you need numbers to see Brad Smith's impact has been largely insignificant, I don't know what to tell you...not to mention his paltry season stats have already been posted twice.

Somebody needs to start a topic on the football board if you folks want to debate Smith's value. He is IMO uber expendable but, as I said, if you want to discuss him start a topic or better yet resurrect the one from a couple months ago.

Somebody needs to start a topic on the football board if you folks want to debate Smith's value. He is IMO uber expendable but, as I said, if you want to discuss him start a topic or better yet resurrect the one from a couple months ago.

Or, move all their posts to the appropiate thread, you have the power.

So apparently an all encompassing, off-topic thread isn't allowed then...

The mods try to keep subject matter consolidated. Brad Smith's value/expandability are being discussed elsewhere, likely on The Stadium Wall, as it is actually football/Bills-related.

The subject has been beaten to death. The OP of this thread should just kill the thread.

The mods try to keep subject matter consolidated. Brad Smith's value/expandability are being discussed elsewhere, likely on The Stadium Wall, as it is actually football/Bills-related.

The subject has been beaten to death. The OP of this thread should just kill the thread.

At the moment, this link is the temporary home to us folks from realfootball365.com. We talk about numerous subjects relating to the Bills, WNY, food, and life in general, which is why this thread is listed in "Off the Wall."

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/sports/buffalo-sabres/sabres-talking-trade-with-avalanche-for-top-pick/

Sabres are talking trade with Colorado and Florida for their 1st round draft pick. If this happens, I wonder if we'll see Miller and/or Vanek involved in the trade, or will the Sabres send their 2 1st round picks to either Colorado or Florida?