Progressives tout California Health care "success"

I assume you're saying that Congress wants to see the gubment control health care. I can understand that sentiment. However repubs don't want single payer and hate Obamacare, so their druthers would be to repeal it. And if 2014 mid-terms ends up being a referendum on Obamacrap, you'll likely see a good number of dems who would rather just support repeal than repeal and replace with single payer and more government intrusion.

I hate to break it to you, but Single Payer is coming.

It'll be a cluster!@#$ of a process to get there, but eventually it will get there.

It may be called a different name, or have some kind of worthless restrictions on it, but for all 'intensive porpoises' America will be a single payer system one day.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a cluster!@#$ of a process to get there, but eventually it will get there.

It may be called a different name, or have some kind of worthless restrictions on it, but for all 'intensive porpoises' America will be a single payer system one day.

We have to have enough self of steam to have the wear with all to resist it by lamb basting the whole program. Otherwise it's a mute point.

Again, doubtful at best. As other single payer systems fail, and as Obamacare fails, it won't look so good.

Again, doubtful at best. As other single payer systems fail, and as Obamacare fails, it won't look so good.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not touting the Single Payer system, just speaking of the ineptitude of our gov't to fix any problem. Especially in fixing a problem by removing gov't from the equation.

There is only 1 route this healthcare fiasco will take. System gets worse and worse, gov't tries to do more and more, eventually you will have a single payer system.

Look at the gov't throughout history and figure out which is more likely:

1) US Gov't comes up with and implements a solution that involves less gov't intervention

2) US Gov't comes up with and implements changes that don't fix a damn thing, exacerbates a lot of existing problems, and requires more gov't intervention

It may take another 20 years, but single payer is coming.

Repeal is never coming.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not touting the Single Payer system, just speaking of the ineptitude of our gov't to fix any problem. Especially in fixing a problem by removing gov't from the equation.

There is only 1 route this healthcare fiasco will take. System gets worse and worse, gov't tries to do more and more, eventually you will have a single payer system.

Look at the gov't throughout history and figure out which is more likely:

1) US Gov't comes up with and implements a solution that involves less gov't intervention

2) US Gov't comes up with and implements changes that don't fix a damn thing, exacerbates a lot of existing problems, and requires more gov't intervention

It may take another 20 years, but single payer is coming.

The people are starting to see the ineptitude of the gubment when it comes to fixing problems. Even the initial supporters of Obamacare are turning on it because it's different from what was promised. Again I can't see people saying "well you !@#$ed up with Obamacare, here's total control of health care."

Repeal is never coming.

In order to institute single payer, they'll have to repeal Obamacare.

The people are starting to see the ineptitude of the gubment when it comes to fixing problems. Even the initial supporters of Obamacare are turning on it because it's different from what was promised. Again I can't see people saying "well you !@#$ed up with Obamacare, here's total control of health care."

In order to institute single payer, they'll have to repeal Obamacare.

That's what people said in 2010, and 2012, and will say in 2014, and again in 2016.

Debt ceiling increase - check

Obamacare passing - check

Obama reelected - check

Odds of Hillary being president in 2016 - currently better than any Republican's

People have been seeing the ineptitude of the gov't since the beginning. The only result has been to give the gov't increasingly more control of their lives. Don't fool yourself into believing it'll be different the next time.

The Real Obamacare Test Is Coming

By Grace-Marie Turner

More than three years since his health-care law was enacted, President Obama continues to focus on its immediately effective, small provisions — 26-year-old “children” getting coverage from their parents, “free” preventive care, and rebates from insurance companies.

But the president didn’t say a word in his Friday-afternoon news conference about the wreckage that is coming when the law begins to take full effect. A few examples:

bullet_blue.gif The individual mandate is the most despised part of the law, and yet it still is set to go into effect January 1. The president has, by illegal administrative action, delayed the reporting requirements for the employer mandate, thereby protecting businesses for a year. But next year, individuals still will be required to have expensive, government-approved health insurance or pay fines that will grow steeper and steeper. Only 12 percent of Americans think this is a good idea.

bullet_blue.gif States and by the federal government are preparing to launch health-insurance exchanges, and face enormous challenges in getting these Rube Goldberg contraptions ready to launch on October 1. The exchanges that the federal government will run, wholly or in part, in about 35 states are shrouded in a black box that won’t be opened until just before they are set to begin enrolling applicants. And even Obamacare-friendly states face growing pressures and frustrations in attempting to comply with thousands of pages of regulations while ensuring the exchanges will be open for business less than two months from now.

bullet_blue.gif There are very serious privacy concerns. Armies of community organizers already are fanning the country to start the process of enrolling people in the law’s subsidized coverage. These “navigators” will be gathering Social Security numbers, home addresses, and family, health, and employment information with no assurances that applicants will be protected from fraud and identity theft.

bullet_blue.gif The president didn’t mention that he already has closed access to the pre-existing condition plans his administration opened with much fanfare in 2010. The plans are over budget, and new applicants with legitimate difficulty accessing coverage and care now are blocked from enrolling in thesee high-risk plans. The president could order Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to spend money from her slush fund to keep them open, but he’s choosing instead to spend that money — hundreds of millions of dollars — on advertising for Obamacare.

bullet_blue.gif And those $100 rebates the president brags about? They are more than canceled out by the $350 in added costs from the new health-insurance taxes that increase premiums for virtually everyone.

The list of the policy, logistical, and political problems with the law could go on and on.

But in very short order, the American people will have a chance to learn about the problems firsthand.

Edited by B-Man

OBAMACARE COST CAPS DELAYED UNTIL 2015

First, there was the delay of Obamacare’s Medicare cuts until after the election. Then there was the delay of the law’s employer mandate. Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead. Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year.

According to the Congressional Research Service, as of November 2011, the Obama administration had missed as many as one-third of the deadlines, specified by law, under the Affordable Care Act. Here are the details on the latest one.

Obamacare contains a blizzard of mandates and regulations that will make health insurance more costly. One of the most significant is its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs, such as co-pays and deductibles. Section 2707(b) of the Public Health Service Act, as added by Obamacare, requires that “a group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish lifetime limits on the dollar value of benefits for the any participant or beneficiary.” Annual limits on cost-sharing are specified by Section 1302© of the Affordable Care Act; in addition, starting in 2014, deductibles are limited to $2,000 per year for individual plans, and $4,000 per year for family plans.

Sebelius: 'This Is Not A Bait-And-Switch'...

I just heard of this thing called the Bimbo Memo. This statement must be submitted as a nominee imediately.

I found out about it from here: http://www.spaethcom.com/bimbo-newsletter.php, by going through here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323585604579008802563619722.html

You should submit this one. I see no reason why Sebelius won't win "Bimbo of the Year", this statement is an object lesson in the "Bimbo" principle.

pic_cartoon_081513_new_A.jpg?itok=Rc3NVSHU

But the thing is: they didn't vote for this.

They voted against Bush, and many voted for Obama, the person. They did not vote for the Democratic platform.

This is the fundamental misunderstanding of the left. Only ~30% of the US agrees with any of their positions. They keep acting as if the reason people voted for them is their merit, and not default, or against bad candidate Romney. Look at the House. Look at the state houses. Coming soon: The Senate. Done.

A real solid Republican candidate can easily come in and eat their lunch. Or, how is it that Chris Christie is wiping the floor with his opponent(who I don't care to go look up, because he is literally irrelevant) in a heavily blue state? Christie(and again, this doesn't mean I think he's the best, is better than Hillary, or is going to win) is beating them with common sense, and reason. But most importantly Christie is beating them because he is a real leader, and has provided real leadership.

But the thing is: they didn't vote for this.

They voted against Bush, and many voted for Obama, the person. They did not vote for the Democratic platform.

This is the fundamental misunderstanding of the left. Only ~30% of the US agrees with any of their positions. They keep acting as if the reason people voted for them is their merit, and not default, or against bad candidate Romney. Look at the House. Look at the state houses. Coming soon: The Senate. Done.

A real solid Republican candidate can easily come in and eat their lunch. Or, how is it that Chris Christie is wiping the floor with his opponent(who I don't care to go look up, because he is literally irrelevant) in a heavily blue state? Christie(and again, this doesn't mean I think he's the best, is better than Hillary, or is going to win) is beating them with common sense, and reason. But most importantly Christie is beating them because he is a real leader, and has provided real leadership.

I don't think real leadership works on a national level anymore. Sadly, I think "rodeo clown" is a more apt metaphor for our elected "leadership."

742f807a979bc936586b8002ae7cb452.jpg

‘I don’t think that word means what you think it means’_______________: Obama calls insurance a ‘right’

"Health insurance isn’t a privilege—it is your right. And we’re going to keep it that way." —President Obama: http://at.wh.gov/o02A2

Your rights? They come from Obama. Ladies and gentlemen, the constitutional scholar in chief:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iXpbDmiGq-s&t=0

We’ve heard over and over that “health care is a right.” In the president’s weekly address, he announced that “health insurance” is now a right.

Say what?..................................Evidently Obama is done kvetching about being “constrained” by the Constitution.

Razor@hale_razor 11h

So we're at the point where health insurance is a right, but bearing arms is not.

Razor@hale_razor 10h

@kesgardner I'm old enough to remember an America where we had the right to be free FROM health insurance.

Razor@hale_razor 7h

Healthcare is a "right," but ridiculing the president isn't. #1a

Jeryl Bier @SpeakWithAuthor

@whitehouse Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, and Health Insurance.

Pam Swan @pjswan

If health insurance is a "right" as Obama claims, don't I have the right to say no?

Jeryl Bier @SpeakWithAuthor

.@whitehouse Health insurance is your right! Therefore, the government will force you to buy it. #Obamacare

Obamacare to end health plan used by 100,000 New Jerseyans

nbt0510-385-I1.jpg

The bare-bones health insurance policy that’s been the plan of choice for New Jerseyans who can’t afford something better is set to go away next year, thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

And what those policy holders will be left with may be a choice among pricey, pricier and priciest.

About 106,000 people in the Garden State are insured under what are known as "basic and essential," or B&E, health care plans, according to state data. Since 2003, all health insurers that operate in New Jersey’s individual health market have been required to sell these plans which, as their name implies, offer only a thin layer of coverage for things such as doctor’s office visits and procedures that don’t involve a hospital stay.

But while B&E plans were meant to help young families get coverage and stanch the drop of enrollment in the individual health market, their relatively low price — as little as a couple hundred dollars a month for some people — made them the most popular option for those who don’t get insurance through an employer or a government program such as Medicare or Medicaid. About 71 percent of those covered by the individual health market have a B&E plan.

Soon no longer.

http://www.nj.com/bu...to_end_hea.html

Really disgraceful, how long can we put up with this ?

Hey, they're just being entrusted with your private information....................................

No Background Checks For ObamaCare “Navigators.”

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/174455/

Edited by B-Man