Progressives tout California Health care "success"

Didn't I specifically say that some of this violates the 4th amendment(depending on how you organize the data layer)

and

that some of this violates HIPAA?

But, Pam Bondi is still an idiot. This is what happens when you send a lawyer to do a consultant's job. This navigator background check thing is real, but is it nowhere near issue #1. The real issue is: architecture has to be built that supports all of this, and thus far, they've left most of the decision making to amateur government employees, many of whom haven't even been hired yet, and many who've never acted as the client-side sponsor of a project in their lives.

With this being one the greatest integration projects of all time? That's completely unacceptable. They are incompetent before they even start. You don't "learn on the job" with something of this scale. Not the leadership, no way. These people are almost certainly going to turn to contractors.

Yes, Snowden was a contractor.

So there you go. You cannot guarantee my private info, because you cannot guarantee the "chain of custody". Who are the contractors? How did they get hired? What's their background? IF you can't answer any of those questions 100% of the time, in real time, then you have violated the 4th amendment, and, HIPPA. The only reason I bring up the 4th? Good luck hauling anybody into court for an Obamacare scam: they can claim their data was tampered with, and you can't prove otherwise. A good lawyer, doing his job and not mine, gets whatever you've found, based on the data, thrown out of court.

See, the stated FTEs in this thing are way less important, because at least there are proscribed standards for them. It's the unplanned work, done by the unplanned help, that is the real problem. Other than a flimsy piece of paper that any criminal will sign in a heartbeat, under an alias = "business associate agreement", there is no protection, or standards for the contractors they are certain to hire. It's chaos on a grand scale.

Hence, Bondi is a dope, Obamacare supporters are dopes, and the people who get hired to do this are already set up to be morons, that get villified in the media, and they don't even know it yet.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newspaper that endorsed Mr. Obama admits that the T.E.A. Party was right:

Chicago Tribune: How President Obama is flouting Obamacare: More reasons to delay and rewrite this ill-conceived law.

“Granted, any president may decline to enforce statutes he believes are unconstitutional. But Obama is making no such claim here. Basically, he is admitting that parts of law are impossible to enforce on the deadlines imposed by Congress — deadlines he signed into law. He’s also admitting he doesn’t want to have Congress make these changes, for fear that if lawmakers get their mitts on this unpopular program, they would at least debate far more extensive changes than he’d like.”

Didn't I specifically say that some of this violates the 4th amendment(depending on how you organize the data layer)

and

that some of this violates HIPAA?

But, Pam Bondi is still an idiot. This is what happens when you send a lawyer to do a consultant's job. This navigator background check thing is real, but is it nowhere near issue #1. The real issue is: architecture has to be built that supports all of this, and thus far, they've left most of the decision making to amateur government employees, many of whom haven't even been hired yet, and many who've never acted as the client-side sponsor of a project in their lives.

With this being one the greatest integration projects of all time? That's completely unacceptable. They are incompetent before they even start. You don't "learn on the job" with something of this scale. Not the leadership, no way. These people are almost certainly going to turn to contractors.

Yes, Snowden was a contractor.

So there you go. You cannot guarantee my private info, because you cannot guarantee the "chain of custody". Who are the contractors? How did they get hired? What's their background? IF you can't answer any of those questions 100% of the time, in real time, then you have violated the 4th amendment, and, HIPPA. The only reason I bring up the 4th? Good luck hauling anybody into court for an Obamacare scam: they can claim their data was tampered with, and you can't prove otherwise. A good lawyer, doing his job and not mine, gets whatever you've found, based on the data, thrown out of court.

See, the stated FTEs in this thing are way less important, because at least there are proscribed standards for them. It's the unplanned work, done by the unplanned help, that is the real problem. Other than a flimsy piece of paper that any criminal will sign in a heartbeat, under an alias = "business associate agreement", there is no protection, or standards for the contractors they are certain to hire. It's chaos on a grand scale.

Hence, Bondi is a dope, Obamacare supporters are dopes, and the people who get hired to do this are already set up to be morons, that get villified in the media, and they don't even know it yet.

Bad law. BAD law. Stupid, bad law.

How long have I been saying that?

Bad law. BAD law. Stupid, bad law.

How long have I been saying that?

Joe says "this is a big F'n deal" !!

and just when you think it COULD'NT get any sillier.

At last: The ObamaCare-fangirlism young adults’ video contest

To reiterate: The Patient “Protection” and “Affordable” Care Act’s success relies extensively on the widespread and willing participation of young people in their twenties and thirties in order the balance out and pay for the inherently riskier and pricier insurance pools that the program creates. This is not and never has been a secret — it’s just how the arithmetic will work (or so the law’s supporters hope, anyway). The largely unnecessary costs young people are going to be expected to bear will likely be so disproportionally expensive that a fair few are going to be rethinking their financial priorities — especially in this time of ongoing economic stagnation — and unfortunately for the administration, too many young people for comfort still don’t think health insurance will be a worthwhile investment.

Hence, the aggressively creative marketing campaigns coming in from all sides specifically targeted to young people; and really, what do Obamabotic youths enjoy more than a good ol’ fashioned government-sponsored social media contest? HuffPo summarizes the newly-unveiled campaign:

With precious time remaining before the health care exchanges established by the president’s health care law are up and running, the Obama administration is rolling out new initiatives to encourage enrollment.

The latest of these is set to be unveiled on Monday, when the Department of Health and Human Services will debut a video contest — complete with cash prizes — designed to persuade younger consumers to get insurance.

The administration will partner with Young Invincibles, a non-profit youth issues organization, to run the contest, with the goal of reaching those younger Americans who are skeptical of the need for health coverage.

Participants will be encouraged to submit three different types of videos advertising the benefits of the exchanges: a song, an animated short, or a video designed to convince viewers that they aren’t invincible. Using funds from the Affordable Care Act’s education and outreach budget, HHS will award $3,000 each to the creators of the three most popular and persuasive videos, while second and third place winners will get $2,500 each.

Yes, by all means: I’m sadly all too certain that there are plenty of young people out there who sincerely cannot wait to put together a song-and-dance video short celebrating the hundreds of dollars more they could soon paying a year for needlessly expensive insurance coverage — whether they realize explicitly that that’s the cause célèbre here or not.

Under the ACA, popularly known as Obamacare, a worker whose employer offers company-subsidized health insurance that costs the worker less than or equal to 9.5 percent of household income is considered to be receiving “affordable coverage.” …

But HHS has ruled that the affordability test will consider only the cost to workers of buying insurance from their company’s plan for themselves—not that of insuring their entire family.

By a rough calculation based on those two sentences, my health insurance costs could roughly triple, and be double my routine health care costs.

Oh, my: Nevada AFL-CIO not at all happy with the White House and ObamaCare

This certainly isn’t the first overture unions have made to the Obama administration on their newfound disgruntlement with the law that they themselves vigorously supported initially, and I very much doubt it will be the last. On Wednesday, the AFL-CIO branch from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s home state voiced their angst over the incoming changes to the current setup of their health care packages, and their biggest gripe seems to have a lot to do with that little ol’ “if you like it, you can keep it” chestnut of days gone by:

WHEREAS, for two years we have sought from the Administration and Congress interpretations to the ACA that merely allows us keep the health plans we currently have: nothing more, nothing less. No special treatment.
To date, the Administration has postured on proposals to address the problem, but no proposal to date will actually solve the problem. Our health plans only get worse;

WHEREAS, as a result of Administration inaction to fix the problem, the unintended consequences of the ACA will lead to the destruction of the 40 hour work week, higher taxes and force union members onto more costly plans–eventually destroying the Taft-Hartley Funds completely;

WHEREAS, we are only looking to keep the healthcare plans we have. Nothing more. Nothing less. We are not asking for any special treatment, no additions to what is currently provided by our Taft-Hartley Plans, merely to be allowed to keep the plans we have worked hard to secure for the 65 years we have been governed by the Taft-Hartley law;

Read the whole thing here.

Oh, my: Nevada AFL-CIO not at all happy with the White House and ObamaCare

This certainly isn’t the first overture unions have made to the Obama administration on their newfound disgruntlement with the law that they themselves vigorously supported initially, and I very much doubt it will be the last. On Wednesday, the AFL-CIO branch from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s home state voiced their angst over the incoming changes to the current setup of their health care packages, and their biggest gripe seems to have a lot to do with that little ol’ “if you like it, you can keep it” chestnut of days gone by:

WHEREAS, for two years we have sought from the Administration and Congress interpretations to the ACA that merely allows us keep the health plans we currently have: nothing more, nothing less. No special treatment.
To date, the Administration has postured on proposals to address the problem, but no proposal to date will actually solve the problem. Our health plans only get worse;

WHEREAS, as a result of Administration inaction to fix the problem, the unintended consequences of the ACA will lead to the destruction of the 40 hour work week, higher taxes and force union members onto more costly plans–eventually destroying the Taft-Hartley Funds completely;

WHEREAS, we are only looking to keep the healthcare plans we have. Nothing more. Nothing less. We are not asking for any special treatment, no additions to what is currently provided by our Taft-Hartley Plans, merely to be allowed to keep the plans we have worked hard to secure for the 65 years we have been governed by the Taft-Hartley law;

Read the whole thing here.

You know what would solve this? A union music video contest.

Obamacare’s Hierarchy of Privilege ..........No one who favors the law wants to be bound by it.

By Mark Steyn

FTA:

“Comprehensive” today is a euphemism for interminably long, poorly drafted, and entirely unread — not just by the people’s representatives but by our robed rulers, too (how many of those Supreme Court justices actually plowed through every page of Obamacare when its “constitutionality” came before them?). The 1862 Homestead Act, which is genuinely comprehensive, is two handwritten pages in clear English. “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” is 500 times as long, is not about patients or care, and neither protects the former nor makes the latter affordable.

So what is it about? On Wednesday, the Nevada AFL-CIO passed a resolution declaring that “the unintended consequences of the ACA will lead to the destruction of the 40-hour work week.” That’s quite an accomplishment for a “health” “care” “reform” law. But the poor old union heavies who so supported Obamacare are now reduced to bleating that they should be entitled to the same opt-outs secured by big business and congressional staffers. It’s a very strange law whose only defining characteristic is that no one who favors it wants to be bound by it.

Meanwhile, on the very same day as the AFL-CIO was predicting the death of the 40-hour week, the University of Virginia announced plans to boot working spouses off its health plan beginning January 1 because the Affordable Care Act has made it unaffordable: It’s projected to add $7.3 million dollars to the university’s bill in 2014 alone.

Actually, I would say the justices read it quite well. They deemed it a tax and that's what it is and the only thing it accomplishes. It was a way to raise taxes on the working middle class all the while, having a good portion of them going along with it. The whole point is to make health care unaffordable and force people into paying the tax. Force otherwise hard working Americans into part time hours and suddenly, you have what Obama has wanted all along. The privaledged 1% such as himself and his cronies and his posse of celebrities live the high life still, and the gap between us and them becomes the grand canyon.

You know that whole American dream thing? Obamacare kills it. The harder you work, the more taxes you pay and the less you have to show for it. Remember folks, it's all in the name of equality.

Actually, I would say the justices read it quite well. They deemed it a tax and that's what it is and the only thing it accomplishes. It was a way to raise taxes on the working middle class all the while, having a good portion of them going along with it. The whole point is to make health care unaffordable and force people into paying the tax. Force otherwise hard working Americans into part time hours and suddenly, you have what Obama has wanted all along. The privaledged 1% such as himself and his cronies and his posse of celebrities live the high life still, and the gap between us and them becomes the grand canyon.

You know that whole American dream thing? Obamacare kills it. The harder you work, the more taxes you pay and the less you have to show for it. Remember folks, it's all in the name of equality.

The other thing it does is destroy upward mobility and continues the permanent underclass.

Small businesses can't hire, so they can't grow. This keeps the small guy where he is, and doesn't allow him to move up. All of the training budget that might be used to educate a new worker, especially one whose skills are no longer useful(the structurally unemployed), will be eaten by Obamacare's "tax".

That's the real paradox. I can't hire someone I can't use, and, I can't train them to be useful, because I can't afford Obamacare. I can't train them based on only 29 hours a week, and get a ROI, and why would I spend training $ on somebody who's only useful for 29 hours a week? So I do nothing.

People stay unemployed, the small business owners stay down because they couldn't hire them, and the people who have a job aren't going to quit and start their own firm, because the potential risk outwieighs the potential reward. Meanwhile the big corporations, who are buddy buddy with Obama, get exemptions, or

This is the real evil of the thing. Without it, many, many people would have already been hired. The recession has been over for years. But, the "walking then running" growth period that always follows a recession has been put on hold by Obamacare.

If we took away Obamacare tomorrow, the economy would begin to boom a month later. It really is as simple as that.

The other thing it does is destroy upward mobility and continues the permanent underclass.

Small businesses can't hire, so they can't grow. This keeps the small guy where he is, and doesn't allow him to move up. All of the training budget that might be used to educate a new worker, especially one whose skills are no longer useful(the structurally unemployed), will be eaten by Obamacare's "tax".

That's the real paradox. I can't hire someone I can't use, and, I can't train them to be useful, because I can't afford Obamacare. I can't train them based on only 29 hours a week, and get a ROI, and why would I spend training $ on somebody who's only useful for 29 hours a week? So I do nothing.

People stay unemployed, the small business owners stay down because they couldn't hire them, and the people who have a job aren't going to quit and start their own firm, because the potential risk outwieighs the potential reward. Meanwhile the big corporations, who are buddy buddy with Obama, get exemptions, or

This is the real evil of the thing. Without it, many, many people would have already been hired. The recession has been over for years. But, the "walking then running" growth period that always follows a recession has been put on hold by Obamacare.

If we took away Obamacare tomorrow, the economy would begin to boom a month later. It really is as simple as that.

Hopefully it happens, but they need to go much further than unraveling Obamacare.

Every regulation, every tax, has slowly shut down the viability of producing anything domestically. Obamacare was just the last straw.