Ladies and gentlemen...your NEW YORK BULLS!!!!

There is something brewing at UB that could become something big. The new AD Danny White has been busy making changes to staffs and coaches. He's also building a new luxury box section at UB stadium (the East Club). They've already sold $1.5M worth.

blcsv8sceaapabf.0_standard_730.0.jpg

And now UB athletics is rebranding themselves to highlight the "New York" over Buffalo.

d7tswk51u1gsnsn4.jpg

Pennsylvania has Penn State. Ohio has Ohio State. But what school is New York State? That is an opening that White and UB want to fill, to become the flagship athletic program for the entire state of New York.

BLdZVenCIAADHY-.jpg

They are starting with the basketball floor. There's a lot of excitement surrounding the Danny Hurley hire as head basketball coach. Plus the way the MAC is this year with the power school losing a lot of seniors, and UB still intact, they have their best chance in years to go to the NCAA's.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• 1 month later...

I don't know... Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Something just doesn't sound right. Why can't they just change the name of New York City.... Better yet, change the name of the state. Honestly, joking aside... Get a unique name other than: Bulls.

I thought this was a New York Red Bulls thread... I graduated from UB, the name "Bulls" is just not good IMO... Oh well...

Here we go with uniform discussions again, but....damn, those are awful.

I am not crazy about royal blue... Unfortunately my teams are stuck w/it... Glad the Sabres are more navy blue now... Bills aren't bad, because there is less of it... UB, too much... They look like blueberries!

Blue and white sucks balls... Bills have scarlett and Sabres gold... Classes up the colors!

awww...how cute....but sorry, a few years late.... :nana:

Yankee Stadium left field for a few years now

Syracuse is private. Can't be New York's flag ship school.

Pennsylvania has Penn State. Ohio has Ohio State. But what school is New York State? That is an opening that White and UB want to fill, to become the flagship athletic program for the entire state of New York.

Pennsylvania has Penn State. But Pennsylvania also has Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, California University of Pennsylvania (Go C-U-P! :lol:), Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, and others with football teams

Pennsylvania also has Penn State Erie, Penn State Harrisburg, and others without football teams

Ohio has Ohio State. Ohio also has Youngstown State, Kent State, Akron, and Toledo with football teams

The reason why there is no "New York State" football/sports team is there is no "New York State University"

Pennsylvania has Penn State. But Pennsylvania also has Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, California University of Pennsylvania (Go C-U-P! :lol:), Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, and others with football teams

Pennsylvania also has Penn State Erie, Penn State Harrisburg, and others without football teams

Ohio has Ohio State. Ohio also has Youngstown State, Kent State, Akron, and Toledo with football teams

The reason why there is no "New York State" football/sports team is there is no "New York State University"

There is New York University. Sticky wicket with NYS and that pesky city sharing the same name! :-(

I am not crazy about royal blue... Unfortunately my teams are stuck w/it... Glad the Sabres are more navy blue now... Bills aren't bad, because there is less of it... UB, too much... They look like blueberries!

Blue and white sucks balls... Bills have scarlett and Sabres gold... Classes up the colors!

It's not the colors, it's the freaking novella plastered above the number.

I dont like it. to me it will always be UB.

I'm pretty sure it will still be UB to everybody in Buffalo. The name got changed to SUNYAB 50 years ago and still everybody called in UB..................The thing they've been calling it lately University AT Buffalo is just stupid.